You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #3,647 of 6,356
Quote:
Actually I think Jude said they were pretty decent.

If they weren't so ugly I might get a pair...

No, I take that back. I will never support Monster.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #3,648 of 6,356
...when you're watching an anime (K-On!) and you can't help but notice that the pet shop shopping bag says:

...also, when you're majoring in bioengineering and still glad that you can do audio-related research:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTv7Gbit12Q[/VIDEO]

I would totally be interested in engineering a new stem cell-based solution to hearing loss, as opposed to using a hearing aid (dunno if it's possible or feasible, but it would be interesting nonetheless).

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #3,649 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you think back on all the pieces of audio gear you've had the way most people think back on all the girlfriends/boyfriends they've had.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #3,652 of 6,356
I'm so depressed. I'm supposed to wear glasses but don't like to. I've been going to college since September  and withing the first few weeks, I saw 3 people wearing M50's... never to be seen again.

Now, I walk the campus on my way to classes, searching for people who care about sound. When I see the silhouette of larger headphones on someones head, I pick up the pace so that I can identify the headphone without my glasses... Maybe that's one of the people I met and said hi to. We could hang out if I can get their contact information this time.

On approach, I see it's just another Skullcandy Hesh, or Beats by Dre. I think about talking to them about headphones, and offering them my Audio Technica's to listen to, but I know it's futile, as they won't appreciate the clarity and brightness of the AD900... They probably won't be interested, so I keep walking.

You know you're an audiophile when you think of social encounters in terms of headphones and how best to introduce another person to your hobby, and teach them about the technicalities of audio and great sound.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #3,653 of 6,356
...when you refer to your collection of headphones as 'the family'. I did this in front of my friend yesterday and he just kinda stared at me XD

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #3,655 of 6,356
Quote:
When you tell people to "tame the 6kHz region" when they're talking.

I actually one day thought to myself, "that girl's voice is horribly sibilant" lol

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #3,656 of 6,356
When you fart, and realize the fart sound needs to improve its sound quality, so you record your fart with high quality equipment. Then you enjoy its HQ sound with your best amplifier and your Sennheiser HD800, listening over and over again, giving you goosebumps and occasionally a tear of happiness. 
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #3,657 of 6,356
You know you are an audiophile when you use Nordost Cables as an analogy to prove a point to the Psychology professor...

...he lets you explain everything you know about them... and then tells you: "oh interesting, do you have Nordost, because I have the silver ones". Really epic moment...

PS: The Nordost ODIN costs about $16,000 for 1 m 
wink.gif
 it also states : 90% of the speed of light.

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3,658 of 6,356
when you say during a thunderstorm to your friends: *thunder crash* ....man i wish my headphones had that kind of subbass

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3,659 of 6,356
You know your an audiophile when I a dream you have a Sennheiser HD600. Then your best friend comes along and he has a HD650 so you guys compare them and we thought the HD600 was better.. Yes this was a actually dream I had yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back