1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245
247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256
Next

Last
  1. yepimonfire
    Quote:
    at some point in time it can turn into "at least it's cheaper than my house".

Sanotter likes this.
  2. takato14
    Quote:
    Stax y u so expensive

3. GL1TCH3D
    It's cheaper than the sennheiser orpheus

stevenswall likes this.
  4. WhiteCrow
    Quote:

Because apple users are usually sheeple, if apple endorses it or if they have a good advertising scheme they just can't help them self's.

5. linglingjr
    when you start disliking everything your friend does a little bit more because he came to school with $20 sony on ears that everyone has and tells you he just bought them.... 

6. 1986matt
    When your research has taken you from a £100 pair of headphones to a £150 pair, to a £250 pair and before you know it you're looking at £1500 worth of kit and thinking "yeah that's what a really NEED"

Sanotter likes this.
  7. yepimonfire
    Quote:
    not only that, but a good portion of those people haven't heard better gear, and most of those headphones, while they do suck compared to REAL gear, sound substantially better than ibuds or whatever else they're using.

8. linglingjr
    Quote:
    Yup they don't know what sounds good or bad. So if everyone says Oh (b) sounds soo good they're the best then they are going to think okay this is what good headphones sound like.  And they will be happy with them because they don't know any better

9. takato14
    Quote:
    Which is when I step in and force them to listen to my headphones, at which point one of the following 3 things happens:

1: Their jaw drops and they then look at their headphones in disgust (iBeats vs. Monoprice 8320)
    2: They "Holy crap, those are good... but I like mine better" And I just nod and say "fine by me" (ATH-M50 vs. Studio)
    3: They say something stupid like "they don't kick as hard" and I subsequently rip my headphones off their head and walk away (SE-700 vs. Mixr)

Seriously though, the last one pisses me off so badly that I want to smack their faces off their head.

10. Massacare
    Instant noodle for more than 2 weeks [​IMG]

11. streetdragon
    Quote:
    gonna be quite hard to do that if you own a pair of SRH940[​IMG]

12. takato14
    Quote:
    That'll just make it more fun. The SE-700s clamp like a bitch; I made sure it hurt when I took them off. 

I don't mean to sound so violent, it's just that statement makes me want to shoot babies.

13. mbamg
    Quote:

My name is Michael J. Caboose...

14. cel4145
    You know you are an audiophile when you are checking this thread before you can go watch the new Dexter and the new Walking Dead premier [​IMG]

15. takato14
    Quote:
    LOL

First

Back
236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245
247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256
Next

Last