You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #3,151 of 6,356
Quote:
There is a razor thin line between audiophile and nut job.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not sure what you mean?  :: swats at invisible voices near me ::

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #3,154 of 6,356
Quote:
when after one hour of owning your new cans you are researching upgraded cables for a different sound signature.

That just makes you stupid >__>

Not only is it impossible for a cable to make that much of a difference, but you should've chose a headphone with a sound signature you like in the first place instead of spending even more money trying to compensate for it. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #3,155 of 6,356
keep your panties on.

i'm referring to the tf10's. not cans technically. these iem's are offered at a great price right now and a decent cable will only do good. even if it is a minimum change.
there is nowhere around here to test most of the audio gear I purchase & reviews can only do so much.

haters gonna hate.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #3,156 of 6,356
Quote:
keep your panties on.

i'm referring to the tf10's. not cans technically. these iem's are offered at a great price right now and a decent cable will only do good. even if it is a minimum change.
there is nowhere around here to test most of the audio gear I purchase & reviews can only do so much.

haters gonna hate.

I'm not "hating", I'm advising you against wasting your money on a cable that will not give any noticeable change in sound.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #3,157 of 6,356
Quote:

I love my Cowon x7 because it drives my hd650's to my max listening volume with some headroom to spare.

Also you know your audiophile when you listen to music genres you normally hate just because you like hearing the sound of one instrument you usually don't get to listen to.

I effing hate pop punk rock, but listening to them on audiophile grade headphones make them worth listening to. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #3,159 of 6,356
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I have definitely noticed differences at least between OFC, OCC, and some other forms of wire types. Their is definitely something to be said about the Ohno Continuous Casting system as opposed to another system where the signal might be passing along the outside of a broken metal cable structure. Other than that, yea, most cables are a waste of money, but for aesthetics and preference some amount of aftermarket cables can be cheap and help clean up the signal path, which is usually my main concern.

EDIT: Deny me all you want, I am not arguing for different metals, just for the type of wire casting system used. I definitely understand the idea of 7N wire being pretty pointless when you cant really test anything past 5N, and 7N wire would theoretically cost the manufacturers a lot of money to do from the 5N wire, so most if not all companies advertising 7N wire are either lying or should be charging crazy prices, and not any benefit has really been noted that would make it worth it, especially since most 7N wire out there probably isnt 7N
Quote:
Quote:

Oh good, another thread rife with anti-cable/pro-cable arguments and soapbox rhetoric.  I was just thinking Head-Fi didn't have enough of those.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #3,161 of 6,356
Quote:
when you bring a huge pelican case with 2 curious black boxes (dac/amp) to your local cafe and everyone's looking at you like it may be a bomb.

LOL

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #3,162 of 6,356
Best part is when you pull out something and start attaching wires that are red. :)
Quote:
when you bring a huge pelican case with 2 curious black boxes (dac/amp) to your local cafe and everyone's looking at you like it may be a bomb.

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #3,165 of 6,356
Whenever you watch news broadcasters & can tell instantly they're using Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's, or whenever you watch a radio broadcast and spy someone using Sony 7506 and *shudder* Beats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back