You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #3,122 of 6,356
Heh, if you want one album to fill up your hard drive I guess WAV would be a good choice.

Cowon just has a better DAC though and I believe can deliver more power(correct me if I'm wrong, but mine can get pretty loud). It's a shame that nearly everything else about them is total crap compared to iPods though.

The Cowons are better in some areas and worse in others. Really, it's just whatever looks best at the time of buying it for me. Each of these companies releases something good and something bad through their releases, so whatever is good when I need something is what I'll go after.

WAV is really inefficient though.

Just using WAV as an example of how to not worry about formatting... no matter how bad it is for anything other than implementing into some program/game/etc for codec reasons

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #3,123 of 6,356
When you post pictures of your $4000+ gear on Facebook and you get zero comments because nobody gives a schiit

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #3,124 of 6,356
Quote:
When you post pictures of your $4000+ gear on Facebook and you get zero comments because nobody gives a schiit

I see what you did thar.

You know you're an audiophile when your friend's jaws drop when they hear how much your headphones/IEMs/sources cost

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #3,125 of 6,356
Quote:
I see what you did thar.

You know you're an audiophile when your friend's jaws drop when they hear how much your headphones/IEMs/sources cost

x2. Many are not willing to spend $100+ on any gear.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Sep 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #3,126 of 6,356
Quote:
x2. Many are not willing to spend $100+ on any gear.

I try to avoid telling people what I spend.  All it does is make them view you as being an idiot.  In all honesty, it's none of their business anyhow.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #3,127 of 6,356
Quote:
I try to avoid telling people what I spend.  All it does is make them view you as being an idiot.  In all honesty, it's none of their business anyhow.

same here, I just like to explain it.
but i dont list price unless they ask.
of course its not too bad; as i do confess that i HAVE not Yet spent over 100$ on headphones.. max 99$ with Grado Sr80i which is fine for me.

My friends and classmates, are fond of the cost of Beats which are overpriced at over 200$.

but if i told them if i had a Sennheiser HD600(which is my intention to buy later in life) which is around over 500$
they'd drop jaws.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #3,128 of 6,356
Quote:

Been there, done that
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #3,129 of 6,356
Quote:

Been there, done that
frown.gif

Meh.. my friends don't think I'm an idiot. 

The people I don't like however... I quite enjoy rubbing it in their faces.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #3,131 of 6,356
same here, I just like to explain it.
but i dont list price unless they ask.
of course its not too bad; as i do confess that i HAVE not Yet spent over 100$ on headphones.. max 99$ with Grado Sr80i which is fine for me.

My friends and classmates, are fond of the cost of Beats which are overpriced at over 200$.

but if i told them if i had a Sennheiser HD600(which is my intention to buy later in life) which is around over 500$
they'd drop jaws.

Hd600 is closer to $300 if I'm not mistaken.

And often people at school ask me how much my headphones cost...
Though I go to a semi private where people are used to spending lots of money on stuff so it's not really like "I'm an idiot" it's more like "wow he really cares about his music"
It helps to show them the headphones too.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #3,132 of 6,356
ya ive posted my dt1350s. . people just thought i looked hot instead commenting on the headphones i had. only if i was ugly they would of said nice headphones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #3,133 of 6,356
Quote:
ya ive posted my dt1350s. . people just thought i looked hot instead commenting on the headphones i had. only if i was ugly they would of said nice headphones.

Oh god, this so much

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #3,135 of 6,356

When this happens I take it as a challenge and make it my mission to show them how awesome my IEMs are and why they should get a pair of great sounding headphones. I use the analogy of why would you watch TV on a cheap tube TV when you could watch the big game on a HD LED TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back