1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317
Next

Last
  1. TheJesusGuy
    Quote:
    FLAC or rarely a 320kbps MP3 only for me

2. BBBS
    remember to grease yourself up with some sort of audio lube, so you can give your opponents a run for their money

3. streetdragon
    Quote:
    audio lube? what on earth is that?

4. PinoyPogiman
    Quote:

a lube for your audio.

5. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

This:

DeoxITGold.png

6. Retrias
    Quote:

it is when you know of audio lube , you turn into a high audiophile

7. streetdragon
    ....oh.
    so its basically a connector protector

8. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

It's more often used to clean off contacts that have oxidized over the years, like in switches and knobs. I don't know if that's actually what he meant, though. I just thought of DeoxIT when I read "lube." From what I understand, the gold version has lubrication in it, whereas the normal version just cleans contacts. I've used a sort of generic RadioShack substitute on my vintage gear, and if that's anything to judge by, the stuff does wonders for cleaning out scratchy pots.

It's funny, though. On the other audio forum where I used to be reasonably active (AudioKarma), DeoxIT is considered like manna. On Head-Fi nobody's ever heard of it. Must be that the hobby is so young that amps haven't aged to the point where their contacts need cleaning.

9. stevenswall
    Quote:

Yeah, because the HTC One X is a terrible phone... and the HTC Hero was terrible for it's time, and was very uncomfortable in the hand... and the EVO, heck, who needs the first superphone with a processor measured in Ghz rather than Mhz?

You know you're an audiophile when you shop for a DAP (Digital Audio Player,) based on how good it sounds. (Good in this case being how closely it approached the sound of my old Sony stereo headphone output.)

10. streetdragon
    Quote:
    ah i see, thanks for enlightening me[​IMG]

well this hobby is only about a dozen+ years old i guess? im not sure. 
    but then again contacts that are regularly used don't need as much cleaning as contacts rotting in drawers right?

11. takato14
    Quote:
    Huh. I'll grab some for my cans. My 4AAA's plug is especially dirty.

12. BBBS
    You'll often find used audio lube in city parks and on beaches, or in other places audiophiles head out for a good night of music.

a1e053.jpg

13. ZMZB
    I just had the best idea of my life (or least, my best idea in the last 10 minutes):

You guys are aware of V-Moda's customizable shield kits.
    What if... we had these shields with the Beats by Dre logo printed on them.
    We could then sell these "Beats by Dre V-Moda V80/V100 Headphones" to the unsuspecting crowds (your little brother or sister, an idiot friend...)

WTS Not-yet-released new Beats V-Moda headphone $599

CashNotCredit likes this.
  14. GL1TCH3D

I don't think that's legal o.o But it's worth a shot >=)

15. VisceriousZERO

The sound sig on the v-moda will suddenly change... And never forgive you.

GL1TCH3D and TheJesusGuy like this.
First

Back
297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306
308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317
Next

Last