1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Next

Last
  1. stevenswall
    Quote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L34S4Tt1EuQ

^
    A clip of Tyll of InnerFidelity, wincing at $2700 headphones.

Error embedding the video?

I remember using a website to customize youtube links to force embedding, autoplay, a start point, etc... Anyone have an online tool for this or know the site I'm talking about?

2. Doc-holliday
    Ok anyone else have this same feeling? You accidentally leave your DAP playing when you take off your cans or take out your iems to have a conversation. When you get back to the music you instantly wonder how many great tracks you "wasted" while not listening?

Maybe its just me but i get that feeling every time. Like i need to rewind to find out what i missed. :D

3. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I don't quite get that feeling, but I do have this thing where I feel like each great piece of music only has a limited number of times right when you first start listening to it where you think "THIS IS THE MOST AWESUM SONG EVAR!!!11" before the rush wears off and it takes its place in your general hierarchy. And then sometimes a piece you've had forever will rise up and be almost as awesome as that again. In both cases when somebody or something interrupts me when I'm jamming, I feel like I've lost something I can never get back.

4. takato14
    Quote:
    The hell? Who gets gold like that in their dumpsters :<

I only very rarely get a ****ty old desktop computer with the hard drives ripped out.

5. biggbenn74
    ...You have to explain to your friends that you are carrying a pocket amplifier, not a second iPod. Then you have to explain what a pocket amplifier is/ does. Then why. Then how much you spent. etc. etc.

6. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

+1!

You know you're an audiophile when someone lets you sit on a crowded bus coz your CIEMs look like hearing aids

7. Golila3
     You know you're and audiophile when you feel betrayed when one of your best friend just told you he bought B**ts.
                                                                when you try to find an actual CD or lossless download after you hear something good on itunes or youtube
    Quote:
    The two questions I get after I said it's an headphone amp and answered it price is 

1. Why don't you get beats if you have that kind of money?
    2. (from more "educated" people) Why do you need an amp for earbuds?

8. FatmanSize48
    You know you're an audiophile when you eat Schiit for a whole month to afford your new Starving Student Millet amp.

Edit: You could buy a lot more than a Starving Student if you ate Schiit for a whole month.

9. Golila3
    Quote:
    When you type S**t as Schiit

10. warrenpchi Administrator
    Quote:

When you even know what Schiit is.

11. VisceriousZERO
    You know you're an audiophile when you've poisoned all of the people who come through the door.

12. kenman345
    When people know they need to be in line of sight in order to get your attention because your CIEM's block out so much when you use them (Also applies to noise isolating headphones)

13. takato14
    When you have more headphones than everyone else in the neighborhood combined

14. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

If you're not eating anything else, who's supplying the Schiit? It certainly couldn't be you. [​IMG]

15. Z3disD3ad
    When you get frequency anal such that 20hz-20khz frequency range of your source-output and cable limitations lets you down because your headphones support 5hz-39khz even though your audiophile ears can probably hear no better than 20hz-15Khz.

First

Back
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Next

Last