You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #4,186 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you're auditioning headphones and making the weirdest expressions because they're sibilant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=L34S4Tt1EuQ

^
A clip of Tyll of InnerFidelity, wincing at $2700 headphones.

Error embedding the video?

I remember using a website to customize youtube links to force embedding, autoplay, a start point, etc... Anyone have an online tool for this or know the site I'm talking about?

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #4,187 of 6,356
Ok anyone else have this same feeling? You accidentally leave your DAP playing when you take off your cans or take out your iems to have a conversation. When you get back to the music you instantly wonder how many great tracks you "wasted" while not listening?

Maybe its just me but i get that feeling every time. Like i need to rewind to find out what i missed. :D

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #4,188 of 6,356
Quote:
Ok anyone else have this same feeling? You accidentally leave your DAP playing when you take off your cans or take out your iems to have a conversation. When you get back to the music you instantly wonder how many great tracks you "wasted" while not listening?
Maybe its just me but i get that feeling every time. Like i need to rewind to find out what i missed.
biggrin.gif

I don't quite get that feeling, but I do have this thing where I feel like each great piece of music only has a limited number of times right when you first start listening to it where you think "THIS IS THE MOST AWESUM SONG EVAR!!!11" before the rush wears off and it takes its place in your general hierarchy. And then sometimes a piece you've had forever will rise up and be almost as awesome as that again. In both cases when somebody or something interrupts me when I'm jamming, I feel like I've lost something I can never get back.

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #4,189 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you dumpster dive for a repairable rig and attempt to fix it and make it work for you and you're out of money because of your expensive wife/girlfriend shopping for some *COUGH barfs by COUGH COUGH you know COUGH the rest COUGH COUGH* because they look good for her and you decide throw her "barfs by you know the rest" in the trash where they belong. :)

The hell? Who gets gold like that in their dumpsters :<

I only very rarely get a ****ty old desktop computer with the hard drives ripped out.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #4,190 of 6,356
...You have to explain to your friends that you are carrying a pocket amplifier, not a second iPod. Then you have to explain what a pocket amplifier is/ does. Then why. Then how much you spent. etc. etc.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #4,191 of 6,356
Quote:
...You have to explain to your friends that you are carrying a pocket amplifier, not a second iPod. Then you have to explain what a pocket amplifier is/ does. Then why. Then how much you spent. etc. etc.

+1!

You know you're an audiophile when someone lets you sit on a crowded bus coz your CIEMs look like hearing aids

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #4,192 of 6,356
 You know you're and audiophile when you feel betrayed when one of your best friend just told you he bought B**ts.
                                                            when you try to find an actual CD or lossless download after you hear something good on itunes or youtube
Quote:

The two questions I get after I said it's an headphone amp and answered it price is 

1. Why don't you get beats if you have that kind of money?
2. (from more "educated" people) Why do you need an amp for earbuds?

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #4,193 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you eat Schiit for a whole month to afford your new Starving Student Millet amp.

Edit: You could buy a lot more than a Starving Student if you ate Schiit for a whole month.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #4,195 of 6,356
Nov 5, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #4,197 of 6,356
When people know they need to be in line of sight in order to get your attention because your CIEM's block out so much when you use them (Also applies to noise isolating headphones)

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #4,198 of 6,356
When you have more headphones than everyone else in the neighborhood combined

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #4,199 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you eat Schiit for a whole month to afford your new Starving Student Millet amp.

Edit: You could buy a lot more than a Starving Student if you ate Schiit for a whole month.

If you're not eating anything else, who's supplying the Schiit? It certainly couldn't be you. 
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #4,200 of 6,356
When you get frequency anal such that 20hz-20khz frequency range of your source-output and cable limitations lets you down because your headphones support 5hz-39khz even though your audiophile ears can probably hear no better than 20hz-15Khz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back