You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
  1. HalidePisces
    [​IMG][​IMG]

You know you're an audiophile when... you're having this whole vinyl argument. ;P

On another note, if you're doing any tuning on an equalizer and know what you're doing.... you're an audiophile.

2. takato14
    Quote:
    I wouldn't go that far.

Tubes definitely sound different. There IS some THD but not too bad, so as far as which is better depends on your preferences and of course on the headphone as well. Piezos and orthos for example pair very well with amps with a high output impedance, which (pure) tube amps will deliver. I tried my SE-700s out of my grandma's old tube receiver (which she has yet to let me have :<) and they sounded absolutely AMAZING. It was completely unlike anything i've ever heard.

3. D4rKx
    You know you're an audiophile when...
    You buy your girlfriend some customs, just because you can't stand it seeing her with some 50 bucks universals.

4. kenman345
    Considering their are now customs like Cosmic Ears making cheap CIEM's, that's in the realm of a fairly nice gift. What did you get the girl?
    Quote:

5. takato14
    when you're more afraid of losing your hearing than going blind or becoming paralyzed...

I don't know what I'd do without my ears.

6. miceblue
    Quote:

I wrote something related to this on another thread. Yeah I'm pretty scared about losing my hearing too:
    Quote:

7. takato14
    *takes headphones off head*
    *palm rests on earpad*
    *drivers massaging hand*

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

8. HeyEww
    When you have n earphones lying around at home

9. Elektrospeed
    Quote:
    OMG that's so true... I just can't stand the thougt of my GF using crappy headphones / earphones. And I must say she's got really good hearing, so I know she appreciates it :)

10. VisceriousZERO
    You know you're an audiophile when you're auditioning headphones and making the weirdest expressions because they're sibilant.

11. streetdragon
    Quote:
    or becasue they have nothing but muddy bass

12. zeinharis
    You know you're an audiophile when you do this http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-50-headphones-compared

13. GL1TCH3D

I shudder everytime I think about my GF using iBuds >,<
    It gets worse when she complains about not being able to hear me over skype because of her earbuds.

14. D4rKx
    She loves the bass and clarity of my old Triple.Fi10, so i thought i'd buy her some new ones and let them reshell from UM because she needs the awesome fit of customs for sports :)
    So much better than seeing her with cheap earbuds rly
    Quote:

15. oddiofile01
    You know you're an audiophile when you dumpster dive for a repairable rig and attempt to fix it and make it work for you and you're out of money because of your expensive wife/girlfriend shopping for some *COUGH barfs by COUGH COUGH you know COUGH the rest COUGH COUGH* because they look good for her and you decide throw her "barfs by you know the rest" in the trash where they belong. :)