1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
Next

Last
  1. Spriggs
    Quote:

it was for my speaker system it was not just one (sorry) it was 4 matched pairs of western electric 300b's 2 mono blocks push pull

2. takato14
    ...when you do everything you can to an old vintage headphone to make it sound better...

3. planx
    When you cancel weekend plans because someone offers to give you and another Head-Fier a listen to his Final Audio Piano Forte IX...

4. GloryUprising
    Quote:

You know you're an audiophile when you are jealous. =X

5. takato14
    When you can appreciate a headphone's qualities despite what it lacks. 

Headphone in this case is the Pioneer SE-700. I am a moderate basshead. They are bassless but they do everything else so well that I can't stop listening to them. Their frequency response is amazingly flat, they image very well and have a great soundstage, they have absolutely amazing attack and decay (PRaT), and the detail retrieval trumps all of my other headphones combined.

If these had bass.. I'd never take them off my head.

6. miceblue

Yup, I totally agree.
    My Shure SRH940's have virtually no bass, but man those mids and upper mids are addicting.

...when you're listening to a song with forgiving headphones (Sennheiser CX-300) and you really like how the song sounds...then you go home on your more "proper" equipment and listen to the song only to find out that it's a really cruddy song because there is an annoying high-pitched sound in the background. Analyzing the song with software confirms what my ears were hearing.
    Why oh why is there a peak at 15 kHz??? 15 kilohertz! :frowning2:
    AnnoyingScreech.jpg

BTW the song is this one:

7. Kimx2310
    You know you're an audiophile when you want to punch people in the face because they say spending so much money on good headphones is stupid.

8. takato14
    Quote:
    This, so much....

9. SkitZ0
    Quote:

+1, especially since the usual response I'll get is "It's a waste of money", "I can hear just as fine with my $1 earbuds".   Yea, keep telling yourself that.

10. Eargasmo
    Quote:

What about those who spend so much on bad headphones?

11. takato14
    Quote:
    These responses drive me crazy. When I told my parents that I was going to buy a pair of $300 headphones they totally freaked out on me. "You already have headphones and those are a waste of money" is the gist of what they were saying. 

Headphone in question was a Beyerdynamic DT1350.

12. SkitZ0
    Quote:

I know someone that thought my DJ-1 sound the exact same as her iPod earbuds.  I felt so insulted.

13. takato14
    Quote:
    OMG, that too. Once, someone said my headphones don't "kick" as hard as Beats. I ripped them off their head and almost smacked them with them. 

14. 7keys
    Quote:

Many would argue with you that there if no difference between cables so he is dead on about this...audiophiles do change cables.

15. takato14

First

Back
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246
Next

Last