You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3,513 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if I have said this already, but....

....when you find yourself laughing incredibly hard at a headphone amp manufacturer's website.

Schiit's faq section cracked me up.

IMO that doesn't really make you an audiophile =/

Nah, but Schiit's site is damn hilarious.

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #3,514 of 6,356
Some blue Beats of some kind on a girl getting off the train. There were many of us wearing headphones, but only she stood out. She had a Blackberry with aftermarket tacky chrome trim, and i think some glitter. Everything about her was loook at meee! I'm pretty sure she was Tweeting as I breezed past her with my nice understated Sonys like I'm the king of Bel Air and cooler than Shaun Connery (these statements to be taken with a pinch of salt, but daaamn I am fresh).

Also everybody on that thing was drunk because it was Friday night.

Also also they don't check tickets on that service, so I use it whenever I can.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3,515 of 6,356
Quote:
Some blue Beats of some kind on a girl getting off the train. There were many of us wearing headphones, but only she stood out. She had a Blackberry with aftermarket tacky chrome trim, and i think some glitter. Everything about her was loook at meee!

Blackberry decked out with aftermarket chrome accents and extra glitter option pack is anything but tacky dear sir.
I have my phone decked out with the chrome options. Shiny is good.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #3,521 of 6,356
Okay... how bout a string of "audio pet peeves". Like I thought the guy saying he cringes when he sees someone actually listening to music through the speaker of a cell phone was a good one...

Well here is my number one pet peeve.

When someone feels they have to start their VERY OWN THREAD to ask some question and you spend 20 mins putting together a lengthy answer with facts and images to help them out and they cant be bothered to ever respond again!.... I can't stand that.

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #3,522 of 6,356
...other can't understand why you do not want a Stax rig

Oct 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #3,523 of 6,356
...when you get annoyed at the guy sitting behind you on the bus because he's listening to his music on iBuds at max volume.

No seriously, how do people do that? I turn my Sansa Clip Zip volume on MAX volume and my music is clearly audible over the bus noise through my Sennheiser CX-300 in-ear earphones. I can't even imagine how it would be in my ears... :frowning2:

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #3,524 of 6,356
Quote:
...when you get annoyed at the guy sitting behind you on the bus because he's listening to his music on iBuds at max volume.

when you get into an argument with said guy about how he's destroying his hearing and how his earbuds suck...

Oct 1, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #3,525 of 6,356
Quote:
No seriously, how do people do that? I turn my Sansa Clip Zip volume on MAX volume and my music is clearly audible over the bus noise through my Sennheiser CX-300 in-ear earphones. I can't even imagine how it would be in my ears...
frown.gif

I cringe everytime I see people with non-open headphones and I can hear their sound.
I've had a very slight tinnitus since I was born (luckily not getting worse...yet), so I'm super conscious about my hearing.

I also lost count of the people joking about me wearing -33dB plugs at all the (mostly hard rock and 80s metal) concerts I go to. Volume there can get to 120dB and there's SO MANY people without plugs, maybe 10% is wearing 'em, even in the front row!!!

I just can't understand why they do that to themselves....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back