You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #3,541 of 6,356
Quote:
These responses drive me crazy. When I told my parents that I was going to buy a pair of $300 headphones they totally freaked out on me. "You already have headphones and those are a waste of money" is the gist of what they were saying. 

Headphone in question was a Beyerdynamic DT1350.

The abuse audiophile children have to put up with. Have you thought of going to Audiophiles Anonymous?

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #3,543 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

+1, especially since the usual response I'll get is "It's a waste of money", "I can hear just as fine with my $1 earbuds".   Yea, keep telling yourself that.

THIS!!!!! A friend told me my wa2/t1 combo sounds "as good" as his beats pro!!!

Imagine what he would've said about an HD800. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #3,544 of 6,356
Quote:
OMG, that too. Once, someone said my headphones don't "kick" as hard as Beats. I ripped them off their head and almost smacked them with them. 

lmao, Beats don't kick hard at all.  It's like they have all the mid-bass in the world, but bottom out like a cheap sub-woofer.  I would know.  I have a pair.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #3,545 of 6,356
These responses drive me crazy. When I told my parents that I was going to buy a pair of $300 headphones they totally freaked out on me. "You already have headphones and those are a waste of money" is the gist of what they were saying. 

Headphone in question was a Beyerdynamic DT1350.
The abuse audiophile children have to put up with. Have you thought of going to Audiophiles Anonymous?

I think it is the SPCA Kids.........

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Audiophile Kids. Spcak.org i think?

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3,548 of 6,356
Quote:

yes someone actually told me that the solo he has is better than the HD800 his dad has (im not sure if you have heard the story before or not)

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #3,550 of 6,356
No consumer would like the HD800 if they liked Beats. 

Prosumers (ie audiophiles), while they probably wouldn't like Beats, could probably appreciate the HD800 even if they were bassheads. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3,551 of 6,356

Prosumers (ie audiophiles), while they probably wouldn't like Beats, could probably appreciate the HD800 even if they were bassheads. 

The HD800, in my opinion, is very easy to appreciate from the accuracy and soundstaging (unless you're using a bad amp with bad source files).

Today I got to try iphone 4>algorhythm solo > O2 > HD800

Was so sweet... Definitely getting myself the solo (algorhythm solo, not beats solos)

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3,552 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

The HD800, in my opinion, is very easy to appreciate from the accuracy and soundstaging (unless you're using a bad amp with bad source files).

Today I got to try iphone 4>algorhythm solo > O2 > HD800

Was so sweet... Definitely getting myself the solo (algorhythm solo, not beats solos)

The AlgoRhythm Solo is a tad overpriced... there really need to be more DACs that can defeat the iDevices...

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #3,554 of 6,356
Zune HD -> Anything I feel like.

Drives flagships to critical listening levels. Who needs an amp? LOL.

That what my home receiver is for.

Even when I owned flagships, I still walked around with sub-$100 equipment, because I'm not stupid.

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #3,555 of 6,356
Quote:
Zune HD -> Anything I feel like.

Drives flagships to critical listening levels. Who needs an amp? LOL.

That what my home receiver is for.

Even when I owned flagships, I still walked around with sub-$100 equipment, because I'm not stupid.

I'd use HD800s portably, because I know that if I really had to, I could beat the tar out of someone who attempted to mug me. Plus there aren't many crooks where I live, so that situation would probably never arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back