Yo, is there any CLOSED headphones that looks PRETTY and are COMFY??
Dec 30, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #76 of 90

Quote:
ClassicThunder said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since you don't like wood I wont tout my beautiful Denons as much as it hurts me not to do so.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the K701/K702/Q701s? At least I think how the numbers and letters go, AKG confuses me. 

Because I'm looking for a closed headphone.

Quote:
I missed it too. Maybe he should put it in the thread title haha

Polished wood=pretty though... Leather=comfy  ES-series=portable ESW10JPN=everything!   \\(O.O)//

Quote:
OP has stated multiple times that he does not like wood.

You mean like:
"Yo, is there any CLOSED headphones that looks PRETTY, sounds GOOD and are COMFY?? (I don't like wood)"
?

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #77 of 90
Demoed a pair of these yesterday, Denon AH-A100.   They are nice looking to me.

Jan 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #79 of 90
Pretty and comfy? As in SQ doesn't matter? Then welcome to the world of marketing!

I hear those are relatively comfy, at least the Studios are. They certainly are the coolest headphones I've ever seen! (Monster Tron T1.) Hahaha.

EDIT: These come in a piano black version too, just look up Monster Tron T1, lol.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #80 of 90
Dude, they look gift worthy. Maybe not for an audiophile, but anyone would be excited of its exterior. "WHOA LIGHTS! AND ITS SOFT!"

Quote:
Pretty and comfy? As in SQ doesn't matter? Then welcome to the world of marketing!

I hear those are relatively comfy, at least the Studios are. They certainly are the coolest headphones I've ever seen! (Monster Tron T1.) Hahaha.

EDIT: These come in a piano black version too, just look up Monster Tron T1, lol.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #81 of 90

Quote:
Dude, they look gift worthy. Maybe not for an audiophile, but anyone would be excited of its exterior. "WHOA LIGHTS! AND ITS SOFT!"

Quote:

personally i wouldnt walk around with headphones like that. my srh750dj headphones have the looks i like. i dont like fancy.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #82 of 90

Quote:

SQ do matter.

... And that headphone was not nice.

Quote:
These Phiatons are pretty smexy, and lots of head-fiers think they have good SQ as well

MS 400

MS 300

PS 320

PS 500

Hm, the PS 500 is actually real pretty.
But I must read something about it.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #83 of 90
Me neither, but for its gaming market, its got that WOW factor. All gamers know that anything with lights=excellent XD

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

personally i wouldnt walk around with headphones like that. my srh750dj headphones have the looks i like. i dont like fancy.

Jan 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #86 of 90
How do you make custom painted headphones? I want to do that to my future pair of Shure 750dj's. :)

Jan 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #88 of 90

Quote:
I'd also be interested .. price is a bit of a limit for me though.  I've tried:
HD 205
HD 202
and will be trying the HD 428

I sold the first two - didn't fancy the supra aural ear cup (even after stretching)

The 428's are circumaural though, so I have high hopes!  They should be on the way as we speak, so I should be able to comment on them pre-burn-in in a few days.

You should post a budget though, and what you like listening to.  But it seems that from you list of requirements, you want to use these outside (which is probably why "pretty" is important).

I gave my dad my HD428s when I got my DT-770s. They're good headphones, but not stellar. I used them for about two months with no complaints, they're incredibly comfortable and sound good. Save $200 and get some DT-770s or get them for less used, they're way worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back