Yo, is there any CLOSED headphones that looks PRETTY and are COMFY??
Dec 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #61 of 90
The ESW10JPN on my gf look very pretty and high class...

Anything bigger does look terrible though.

Quote:
With any headphone not being an inear or earbud you look like a geek. So why bother with "pretty" headphones?

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #63 of 90
I made these custom Orthos myself. Too bad there's only one in existence though 
tongue_smile.gif
. The same headphone couldn't be replicated exactly if I tried, which I have numerous times. They blow any closed headphone I've heard out of the water (with the exception of the R10's). Denons, ultrasones, and AT's don't even come close IMO. Best thing about making your own woodies is that you can choose your own flavor, in this case I used a fairly rare species of Cocobolo. 

I guess if you're looking for a headphone that you can actually buy that looks good and is comfy, I'd look no further than one of the AT woodies. Or even better, one of Smeggy's Thunderpants. The MarkL woodied denons certainly look the part, but they aren't the comfiest headphones I've worn thats for sure.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #64 of 90
A used set of Ultrasone Edition 8s if the only set you should be looking at if your budget is $1000 lol, there is a large gap between the sound quality of the 8s and everything else that is "portable"

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #65 of 90
I wasn't really impressed by the ED 8s during the short time when I heard them. I had found the highs to be a bit harsh and everything else sounded pretty decent. I'm sure my thoughts may have changed through more listening, but those were my immediate impressions. The immediate thought of "These costs $1800?" went through my head.

I thought the ESW10JPNs were much more of a bargain compared to the ED 8s @ 1/3 the price. Lush sound, detailed upfront vocals, extremely portable, and looks much classier than the ED 8s.

Quote:
A used set of Ultrasone Edition 8s if the only set you should be looking at if your budget is $1000 lol, there is a large gap between the sound quality of the 8s and everything else that is "portable"

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #66 of 90

Headphones keep you warm during the winter :) Have you considered the ATH-ES7? They sound nice and looks good.

Quote:
Depends on fashion really. In London right now full sized cans are clearly "in" and people walk around with wesc and skullcandy, bose and dre beats everywhere you look.

Very little quality there, but a lot of full sized cans on trendy people's heads.

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #67 of 90
i cannot think of many but if you are going for fashion it might be smart to buy small headphones or iems with colourful patterns. i know skullcandies are terrible headphones but look for headphones with similar patterns but good sound quality. but to get both you might be spending an arm and a leg.

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #68 of 90
Any of the Japanese woodies (i.e. Denon D7000, ATH-W1000x, etc) look gorgeous.  ATH-ES7 looks very sleek, and the Ultrasone Pro 900 looks modern and vicious, like an exotic sports car.  Personally, I think the D7000s are one of the best looking cans I've ever seen.  

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #69 of 90

Quote:
Any of the Japanese woodies (i.e. Denon D7000, ATH-W1000x, etc) look gorgeous.  ATH-ES7 looks very sleek, and the Ultrasone Pro 900 looks modern and vicious, like an exotic sports car.  Personally, I think the D7000s are one of the best looking cans I've ever seen.  

OP has stated multiple times that he does not like wood.

Dec 29, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #70 of 90

Oh, looks like I missed that too. So I guess disregard my suggestions. Too bad most of the best headphones are made of wood though. 

Dec 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #73 of 90
I missed it too. Maybe he should put it in the thread title haha

Polished wood=pretty though... Leather=comfy  ES-series=portable ESW10JPN=everything!   \\(O.O)//

Quote:

Dec 30, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #75 of 90
Since you don't like wood I wont tout my beautiful Denons as much as it hurts me not to do so.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the K701/K702/Q701s? At least I think how the numbers and letters go, AKG confuses me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back