Yanyin Discussion thread
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #1,006 of 2,418
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #1,007 of 2,418
They have been used up. Here are two more for 25$ off 200$:
4ZUZU25
APR25

As usual - first come, first serve - so don't wait too long.
So I went to the Canon listing at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002718514857.html to test if the coupon codes still work, and was flabbergasted by the new Canon price I saw. Apparently, Yaoyaotiger has started a sale on Canon - but only for the "members". You can't see the real sale price unless you follow the store first. So if you are not following the store yet, follow it and then refresh the page.

I'm not even gonna list the sale price here, it's too crazy.
And the 25$ off 200$ Aliexpress discount codes still work on top of the sale price:
4ZUZU25
APR25

Reminder
- these codes will work on any items in any stores, including combined orders.

I'm really itching to buy a 4th Canon, but I'm really hoping I won't, for my own sanity.
Pray for me...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #1,008 of 2,418
Look interesting, but it doesn't have the tuning switches?
That's a bit risky - Yanyin set the default on Canon to "111", the worst sounding one out of the 4 I have tested.
So being stuck with a single tuning they decided is the best sounding is somewhat dangerous.
On the other hand, Aladdin doesn't have tuning switches and it was well-tuned. I've settled on the Canon for my short-term end-game, but I'll keep tabs on the Moonlight.

When you say "set the default to 111," does that mean all the gain is ON when you take the Canon out of the box?

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #1,009 of 2,418
On the other hand, Aladdin doesn't have tuning switches and it was well-tuned. I've settled on the Canon for my short-term end-game, but I'll keep tabs on the Moonlight.
Aladdin is certainly a great IEM for the price, but so far everyone who has both Canon and Aladdin strongly preferred one of Canon's tunings over Aladdin.

When you say "set the default to 111," does that mean all the gain is ON when you take the Canon out of the box?
Yes, all the switches are turned on OOTB.

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #1,011 of 2,418
Wow yeah that discount is next level, can see it even without following...
Really? When I'm in incognito mode, it only shows a modest discount:
1651067304657.png

Maybe some malfunction on Aliexpress...
In the last few minutes the site is really struggling, stopped recognizing any coupon codes - hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #1,012 of 2,418
Aladdin is on crazy sale too - at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002813645924.html

Once Aliexpress will fix the current issue with not recognizing any coupon codes, you should try these ones:
For 18$ off 180$:
OD18
DLZ18

GLOUDS18
zuzu18

For 17$ off 140$:
APR17
4ZUZU17

These codes will work on any items in any stores, including combined orders.

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #1,013 of 2,418
I can confirm, as a follower of Yaoyaotiger store, that there is a 16% discount on Canon, and that's before applying @BenF's coupon.

Just a word of caution with Yaoyaotiger - people here know my stance on this seller (it's been 28 days since they said they shipped and still haven't arrived), but I won't muddy the waters here. Feel free to DM me if you want to discuss.

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,014 of 2,418
I received my 3rd Canon (2nd from Yaoyaotiger) couple days ago:
1651068029695.png

Three Canons on the bottom, Rosemary is on top.
Performance-wise, Canon is actually the one on top :L3000:

When buying Canon, please remember that it's not a shelf product - hand made by Yanyin after you place your order.
The seller doesn't control neither when they will receive the product (Yanyin controls that) nor when you will receive it (Aliexpress/Cainao controls that).

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #1,015 of 2,418
I received mu 3rd Canon (2nd from Yaoyaotiger) couple days ago:
1651068029695.png
Three Canons on the bottom, Rosemary is on top.
Performance-wise, Canon is actually the one on top :L3000:
Congrats! I'm jealous :p Not sure where you are in the world, but I know a guy in Spain hasn't received his order either.

When buying Canon, please remember that it's not a shelf product - hand made by Yanyin after you place your order.
The seller doesn't control neither when they will receive the product (Yanyin controls that) nor when you will receive it (Aliexpress/Cainao controls that).
I don't think this is true. Yaoyaotiger said they shipped on 30/03 (my AliX order page says the seller shipped), 2 days after I paid, and they didn't say anything about not having the items in stock. If that's true, they should state on the Canon page that this is a pre-order. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get my order at some point - just a little disappointed with the communication exchange I've had with them. Alls well if it ends well though!

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #1,016 of 2,418
The coupon system is working again, but looks like 17$ and 18$ coupons are gone.
Here are some working coupons for 11$ off 120$, that you can use for the Aladdin on top of the crazy discount at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002813645924.html :
OD11
GLOUDS11OF
zuzu11OF

DLZ11OF

These codes will work on any items in any stores, including combined orders.
Use them before they are gone too!

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #1,017 of 2,418
...I don't think this is true. Yaoyaotiger said they shipped on 30/03 (my AliX order page says the seller shipped), 2 days after I paid, and they didn't say anything about not having the items in stock. If that's true, they should state on the Canon page that this is a pre-order. Anyway, I'm sure I'll get my order at some point - just a little disappointed with the communication exchange I've had with them. Alls well if it ends well though!
When you receive a tracking number, the package is technically (according to Aliexpress) "shipped", but it's not actually shipped until you see "Received by logistics company" in your tracking. I bought my 3rd Canon on March 28th, look when it was picked up:
1651075804298.png

Maybe some stores have a single Canon box for an occasional buyer, but none of them have the amount in stock that their listing says. Beteran currently lists a stock of 60 - there is no chance they have even 5% of that. When an event like Anniversary Sale comes up, and dozens of Canons are sold at once - vast majority of buyers has to wait for Yanyin to build them.
That's true for outside stores as well.

And don't forget that the constant lockdowns in China affect both Yanyin's ability to supply the product, and Aliexpress/Cainao's ability to ship it.

The current sale is absolutely crazy - Canon for the price of Aladdin... And Aladdin for the price of Yume...
Well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #1,019 of 2,418
When you receive a tracking number, the package is technically (according to Aliexpress) "shipped", but it's not actually shipped until you see "Received by logistics company" in your tracking. I bought my 3rd Canon on May 28th, look when it was picked up:
1651075804298.png

Maybe some stores have a single Canon box for an occasional buyer, but none of them have the amount in stock that their listing says. Beteran currently lists a stock of 60 - there is no chance they have even 5% of that. When an event like Anniversary Sale comes up, and dozens of Canons are sold at once - vast majority of buyers has to wait for Yanyin to build them.
That's true for outside stores as well.

And don't forget that the constant lockdowns in China affect both Yanyin's ability to supply the product, and Aliexpress/Cainao's ability to ship it.

The current sale is absolutely crazy - Canon for the price of Aladdin... And Aladdin for a price of Yume...
Well worth the wait.
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 17.41.22.png

Haha wow, April 7 for mine too. I assume you mean March 28th? I paid for mine on March 28th as well. Looks like Yaoyotiger waited to get the flood of orders from Ali sale, told Yanyin "we need 100s of Canons," then waited until Yanyin actually sent them the sets before shipping (which was likely just before April 7). I haven't experienced this before, but it's good to know that this sort of practise isn't uncommon nor malicious, although it is a tad misleading.

Apr 27, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,020 of 2,418
Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 17.41.22.png
Haha wow, April 7 for mine too. I assume you mean March 28th? I paid for mine on March 28th as well. Looks like Yaoyotiger waited to get the flood of orders from Ali sale, told Yanyin "we need 100s of Canons," then waited until Yanyin actually sent them the sets before shipping (which was likely just before April 7). I haven't experienced this before, but it's good to know that this sort of practise isn't uncommon nor malicious, although it is a tad misleading.
If they could predict the amount of orders, they would order them from Yanyin in advance - but it's impossible to predict.
That's true for all expensive hand made items in all the stores, we just need to be aware of this, so we don't panic :)

If they shipped all the orders on the 7th, we should see a lot of impressions in the next couple of weeks.
The most important updates are these two:
1651078468178.png

Once the package left China, it's no longer affected by the lockdowns.
And when it arrives in your country - you know it's close to the finish line :jecklinsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back