Yanyin Discussion thread
Apr 28, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #1,036 of 2,418
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002718514857.html
You may need to follow the store to see the crazy sale price.

The 25$ off 200$ Aliexpress discount codes:
4ZUZU25
APR25

Here are the 11$ off 120$ coupons that you can use for Canon or Aladdin at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002813645924.html :
OD11
GLOUDS11OF
zuzu11OF

DLZ11OF

Reminder
- these codes will work on any items in any stores, including combined orders.
I only have 6% sale :frowning2: How much do you have? I am following them

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #1,037 of 2,418
I only have 6% sale :frowning2: How much do you have? I am following them
It's 21%.
Does it show "Following" at the top of the page?
1651178001389.png

Try refreshing the page, or maybe viewing the item in the app instead.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #1,039 of 2,418
Tried both, not working :frowning2: Well, I guess no Canon for me then
What level member are you at Aliexpress?
1651178548080.png

Maybe lower ranking members are excluded?
Anyway, the 6% discount + coupon still bring Canon to a ridiculous price.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #1,041 of 2,418
Might be, my account is very low level, probably bought several cheap things long time ago. And can you stack coupons?
No, 1 coupon per purchase.
BTW, the 6% discount + coupon brings you to the crazy sale.
Canon is priced ridiculously low even at its full price (350$), since it beats almost all $1000+ headphones I own (Stax 009 is the exception).

If you'll wait too long to buy it at the lowest possible price, you may miss on it completely.
Canon is disrupting the market, and such products don't stay on the market too long. Canon is even disrupting Yanyin's business - it's difficult to convince people to buy the 800$ Rosemary (which is inferior to Canon in SQ) or the new 600$ Moonlight, when at such a low price you get such a great versatile performer with 8 tuning options to find your perfect sound...

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #1,042 of 2,418
No, 1 coupon per purchase.
BTW, the 6% discount + coupon brings you to the crazy sale.
Canon is priced ridiculously low even at its full price (350$), since it beats almost all $1000+ headphones I own (Stax 009 is the exception).

If you'll wait too long to buy it at the lowest possible price, you may miss on it completely.
Canon is disrupting the market, and such products don't stay on the market too long. Canon is even disrupting Yanyin's business - it's difficult to convince people to buy the 800$ Rosemary (which is inferior to Canon in SQ) or the new 600$ Moonlight, when at such a low price you get such a great versatile performer with 8 tuning options to find your perfect sound...
I'm using EQ so I don't care about dip switches. I wish I could agree but for now Canon isn't really that known. I don't have any valid comparison of it to Moondrop Variations or ThieAudio Monarch or MEST or any other earphone I'm considering right now. And since I'm in EU (Poland = 23% VAT), for me the actual price is more along the lines of 400$... on sale... So I can just buy it from Penon directly for cheaper.

If I had actual comparisons between this and one of the big-shot tribrids, I could maybe make a call but after I've seen how Aladdin is praised and then Precogvision giving it a rating of 4.3... well, I've already done a blind buy like this with my current IEM... there is a reason I'm upgrading.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #1,043 of 2,418
I'm using EQ so I don't care about dip switches.
Big mistake. It's really hard to EQ the effects of Canon's switches without introducing any artefacts.

... I wish I could agree but for now Canon isn't really that known. I don't have any valid comparison of it to Moondrop Variations or ThieAudio Monarch or MEST or any other earphone I'm considering right now. And since I'm in EU (Poland = 23% VAT), for me the actual price is more along the lines of 400$... on sale... So I can just buy it from Penon directly for cheaper.
I own the 1600$ MEST JP (according to a banned member, its SQ is identical to MEST II).
Canon is just as proficient technically (at the "000" tuning), but it adds musicality to the mix, which was completely missing from MEST JP.
I haven't listened to MEST JP in weeks, Canon gets 100% of my IEM listening time.

Canon has also beat 1000$ AKG 3003 and Final FI-BA-SS.
I have 3 tribrids (MEST JP, EJ07M and Dunu ES112) - trust me, addition of fake electrostatic drivers (more like electret) doesn't guarantee a better sound.

If I had actual comparisons between this and one of the big-shot tribrids, I could maybe make a call but after I've seen how Aladdin is praised and then Precogvision giving it a rating of 4.3... well, I've already done a blind buy like this with my current IEM... there is a reason I'm upgrading.
1) Don't pay too much attention to rankings
2) Canon is on another level compared to Aladdin (according to people that have both)
3) Canon is 8 IEMs in one - lower risk than an IEM with a single tuning.

May 2, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #1,044 of 2,418
Ok, so what I didn't share on here is that I ordered two Canons - one from Yaoyaotiger, and another from Penon. Why? Because I got the feeling that the Yaoyaotiger order would take 30++ days to arrive, and I have mates who got their Penon order in around 10 days. And yup, I got my order in 11 days! Where is my Yaoyaotiger order? No update since 22 April...

Anyway, here are some unboxing photos and glamour shots :wink: Review to follow sometime next week.

Accessories
  • 1 box of tips (a bit scant tbh, for 350 USD RRP, but I happen to really like Yanyin tips, so can't complain)
  • 1 tool to adjust tuning switches
  • 1 nice leathery case. Big enough to actually fit the IEM and cable! The IEM actually came this way (see photo)
  • 1 awesome cable (albeit the recessed part of the connector is waaayy too long. Will explain in the review)
  • Can confirm that tuning switches were all ON out of the box
  • Overall, quite minimalist packaging, and I like that!
Canon_image1.jpg

Canon_image2.jpg

Canon_image5.jpg
Canon_image4.jpg

May 2, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #1,045 of 2,418
Ok, so what I didn't share on here is that I ordered two Canons - one from Yaoyaotiger, and another from Penon. Why? Because I got the feeling that the Yaoyaotiger order would take 30++ days to arrive, and I have mates who got their Penon order in around 10 days. And yup, I got my order in 11 days! Where is my Yaoyaotiger order? No update since 22 April...

Anyway, here are some unboxing photos and glamour shots :wink: Review to follow sometime next week.

Accessories
  • 1 box of tips (a bit scant tbh, for 350 USD RRP, but I happen to really like Yanyin tips, so can't complain)
  • 1 nice leathery case. Big enough to actually fit the IEM and cable! The IEM actually came this way (see photo)
  • 1 awesome cable (albeit the recessed part of the connector is waaayy too long. Will explain in the review)
Canon_image1.jpg

Canon_image2.jpg
Canon_image5.jpgCanon_image4.jpg
Glad you got them!

As for the shipping discrepancy:
1) YaoYaoTiger ships from Dongguan in Guangdong province, which was hit by the strictest COVID19 lockdowns in the last couple of month.
Penon ships out of Hong Kong, which didn't experience such severe lockdowns
2) YaoYaoTiger ships through Cainiao (Aliexpress), Penon ships directly and has more influence on how quick the shipping will be.
3) Did you choose the express shipping option (DHL/Fedex)? 11 days shipping to UK is a bit fast for the regular airmail.

What sound chain are you using with Canons?

May 2, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #1,046 of 2,418
Thank you! Starting with the most important question:
What sound chain are you using with Canons?
I started with 000 tuning. Sources: Qudelix-5k and ifi Zen DAC; SE output. I cycled through 100, 010, 001, 110 last night. Still early days, but I'm trying 110 for today. The Canon are very musical - I have to be careful to not increase the volume too much! I am enjoying them a lot, although I need to do some critical listening and comparisons to figure out the details.

Ok, folks who don't wanna get into the whole shipping issue with Yaoyaotiger, don't read on lol.

1) YaoYaoTiger ships from Dongguan in Guangdong province, which was hit by the strictest COVID19 lockdowns in the last couple of month.
Penon ships out of Hong Kong, which didn't experience such severe lockdowns
Penon tracking history:
Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 11.38.49.png

Yaoyaotiger:
Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 11.41.42.png

They both started from Fenggang Town...unfortunately I don't have many updates from the Yaoyaotiger order, so I don't know which airport it went through.

2) YaoYaoTiger ships through Cainiao (Aliexpress), Penon ships directly and has more influence on how quick the shipping will be.
Yaoyaotiger used Cainiao Standard for Special Goods, and then (either willingly or through an algorithm) selected PostNL as the courier, and they are infamous for being super slow. I asked them multiple times, and they insisted AliX Standard Shipping is the same as Cainiao, and clearly, they are not. Someone else had his order from Yaoyaotiger sent via AliX Standard Shipping (again, don't know why his was sent this way but not mine), and he received his Canon last week.

Also, Penon had the Canon in stock, so they shipped it the very same day I ordered. Yaoyaotiger waited 7-8 days after I paid (as we previously established) because they had to receive the orders from Yanyin.

3) Did you choose the express shipping option (DHL/Fedex)? 11 days shipping to UK is a bit fast for the regular airmail.
Nope, didn't pay extra, and Penon chose AliX Standard Shipping. But, they used 4PX Express instead of PostNL or whatever Yaoyaotiger used. I've asked 3 people who ordered through Penon, with regular shipping, and all of them got it within 12 days to EU/UK/US.

May 2, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #1,047 of 2,418

Accessories

Great, waiting for your impressions!

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #1,048 of 2,418
Great, waiting for your impressions!

Thank you! Starting with the most important question:

I started with 000 tuning. Sources: Qudelix-5k and ifi Zen DAC; SE output. I cycled through 100, 010, 001, 110 last night. Still early days, but I'm trying 110 for today. The Canon are very musical - I have to be careful to not increase the volume too much! I am enjoying them a lot, although I need to do some critical listening and comparisons to figure out the details.

Ok, folks who don't wanna get into the whole shipping issue with Yaoyaotiger, don't read on lol.

Penon tracking history:
Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 11.38.49.png
Yaoyaotiger:
Screenshot 2022-05-02 at 11.41.42.png
They both started from Fenggang Town...unfortunately I don't have many updates from the Yaoyaotiger order, so I don't know which airport it went through.

Yaoyaotiger used Cainiao Standard for Special Goods, and then (either willingly or through an algorithm) selected PostNL as the courier, and they are infamous for being super slow. I asked them multiple times, and they insisted AliX Standard Shipping is the same as Cainiao, and clearly, they are not. Someone else had his order from Yaoyaotiger sent via AliX Standard Shipping (again, don't know why his was sent this way but not mine), and he received his Canon last week.

Also, Penon had the Canon in stock, so they shipped it the very same day I ordered. Yaoyaotiger waited 7-8 days after I paid (as we previously established) because they had to receive the orders from Yanyin.

Nope, didn't pay extra, and Penon chose AliX Standard Shipping. But, they used 4PX Express instead of PostNL or whatever Yaoyaotiger used. I've asked 3 people who ordered through Penon, with regular shipping, and all of them got it within 12 days to EU/UK/US.
How is low end so far? Is its speed close to that of Shuoer S12? On y EJ07m what I am slightly missing is a faster decay.

May 2, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #1,049 of 2,418
How is low end so far? Is its speed close to that of Shuoer S12? On y EJ07m what I am slightly missing is a faster decay.
I'll cover the actual comparison in my review as I have the S12. Very very briefly, there is excellent quality and quantity of bass in the Canon. Not surprising, because I loved the bass in the Aladdin, and the Canon uses the same biocellulose DD (but a slightly larger) for the bass. That being said, it's not particularly fast, but I like that since it gives a nice organic sound to the bass. I haven't A/Bed yet, but S12 has planar bass/sounds, so in general the notes sound much quicker than DDs.

I actually thought 000 had a bit too much bass, but that might be because I listened to the Olina for the last month or so, and that has fairly light note-weight and polite bass. I find 110 to reign in the bass, possibly because the mids are boosted and that makes my brain think there is less bass.

May 2, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #1,050 of 2,418
Your friend probably chose Aliexpress Standard Shipping when ordering. You have to click on "More Options" to see all the available shippiong options:
1651503486048.png

Here are the free options that you get for UK today:
1651503595479.png

Quite a selection!
And look at the spread of estimated delivery dates - from May 20th to July 16th :)
At the time of your order, Cainiao Standard for Special Goods was probably the fastest option, so it was the default one.
Today, it's the slowest one, so Aliexpress downgraded it.

PostNL and SGPost are usually the worst ones, but it's not up to the seller - if you choose Aliexpress/Cainiao branded shipping, Cainiao (Aliexpress) decides which vendor to choose based on their available capacity and pricing.
Sometimes PostNL or SGPost will bid the lowest price for your destination, and then you are fu...d

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back