Yanyin Discussion thread
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #1,021 of 2,418
If they could predict the amount of orders, they would order them from Yanyin in advance - but it's impossible to predict.
That's true for all expensive hand made items in all the stores, we just need to be aware of this, so we don't panic :)

If they shipped all the orders on the 7th, we should see a lot of impressions in the next couple of weeks.
The most important updates are these two:
1651078468178.png

Once the package left China, it's no longer affected by the lockdowns.
And when it arrives in your country - you know it's close to the finish line :jecklinsmile:
I'm suuuppeerr pumped for mine! And will be posting impressions for sure. Sadly I've sold my Aladdin and Oxygen, but I'll just share my thoughts on the Canon and not do a lot of comparisons.

Apr 27, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #1,022 of 2,418
So I went to the Canon listing at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002718514857.html to test if the coupon codes still work, and was flabbergasted by the new Canon price I saw. Apparently, Yaoyaotiger has started a sale on Canon - but only for the "members". You can't see the real sale price unless you follow the store first. So if you are not following the store yet, follow it and then refresh the page.

I'm not even gonna list the sale price here, it's too crazy.
And the 25$ off 200$ Aliexpress discount codes still work on top of the sale price:
4ZUZU25
APR25

Reminder
- these codes will work on any items in any stores, including combined orders.

I'm really itching to buy a 4th Canon, but I'm really hoping I won't, for my own sanity.
Pray for me...
Gah! So close to pulling the trigger. Anyone want to buy my LZ A7 so I can free up funds for the Canon? :)

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #1,024 of 2,418
Completely different tuning from the Volts. More lower treble emphasis on the canon. Might be a toss up for bass but the main differences will be how the mids are portrayed. Volts got that classic Sonion emotive smooth and rich tonal character. Knowles BAs used in the Canon are highly technical but the Volts Sonin BAs are a good level above the Canon BAs. Canons stage is good but volts stage is a bit grander in scope.

Canon is more energetic sounding vs the Volts more euphoric analogish signture. Which makes them have a completely differnent sound and something that will compliment the Volt actually.

Apr 27, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #1,025 of 2,418
That's a great deal! Is there anything that Canon does better than Penon Volt? Soundwise? Comfortwise? 😀

Completely different tuning from the Volts. More lower treble emphasis on the canon. Might be a toss up for bass but the main differences will be how the mids are portrayed. Volts got that classic Sonion emotive smooth and rich tonal character. Knowles BAs used in the Canon are highly technical but the Volts Sonin BAs are a good level above the Canon BAs. Canons stage is good but volts stage is a bit grander in scope.

Canon is more energetic sounding vs the Volts more euphoric analogish signture. Which makes them have a completely differnent sound and something that will compliment the Volt actually.
Canon is extremely transparent (in the "000" config), equal to UM MEST JP and Stax 009.
It's timbre is governed by the chain you are using - you are hearing your chain, not the earphones.

On Khadas Tone + O2, Canon has an absolutely perfect timbre.
On FIIO BTR3K, Canon has a nearly perfect timbre - almost there, but not quite.
On Cayin RU6, Canon's vocals sound drier, more BA-like

Tips have huge influence too, you have to tip roll extensively to find the best tips - Final Type B were a clear winner for me.

And don't forget - you get 8 IEMs for the price of one - so the chances to find your sound are much higher than with any other IEM.

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #1,027 of 2,418
Would be interesting to see a comparison between the Canon and the upcoming Rose QT-9 MK2S, another 1DD+4BA setup.
Driver setups are meaningless, only tuning matters.
No one can listen to an IEM and name the drivers that were used.

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #1,028 of 2,418
Driver setups are meaningless, only tuning matters.
No one can listen to an IEM and name the drivers that were used.
Hardly meaningless. Most people will agree a single DD sounds much different than an all BA which sound much different than a tribrid with ESTs.

I agree the tuning matters a lot more than number of BAs, but driver setup is definitely not meaningless IMO.

Didn’t you yourself make a comment that the Canon would likely be different than the TSMR Sands due to the one extra BA?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #1,029 of 2,418
Didn’t you yourself make a comment that the Canon would likely be different than the TSMR Sands due to the one extra BA?
Yes, I wrote:
Canon is DD+4BA, Sands is DD+3BA - so it's probably not an identical design.
I was simply pointing out that they are different. No amount of drivers could mean "better" or "worse" - that's why the quantity of drivers is meaningless.

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #1,031 of 2,418
Cant compare to the Variations but I can tell you the Blessing 2 is the largest bulky hybrid physically in its class. They will feel like rocks in your ears. Blessing 2 is harmon tuned leaning more toward neutral and a bit bright up top. The only thing the Blessing 2 might have on the Canon is stage and width wise. They completely loose to the Canon in dynamics, dimensional aspects, Sound separation is roughly equal but once you start listening to more modern genres pop, EDM hip hop. Blessing 2 unfortunately sounds absoluely limp in the bass area. This is the reason why the dusk version was made.

I have no idea how they can included a very capable 10mm dynamic doing bass only to detune it to be neutral. The only real advantage of the Blessing 2 bass is its sub bass is decent. Again really no comparison to the Canon bass end. Blessing 2 has good mids but otherwise pretty much looses out to the Canon in just about every way.

That is unless you like your bass with very little impact.

Canon is much more versatile vs the Blessing 2 not to mention way more comfortable.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #1,032 of 2,418
Could anyone compare Canon with Blessing 2 and especially Variations in regards to detail, soundstage and holographics? I'm torn between those
I've heard both, I don't own the Blessing 2 currently but I've owned one at 2 different times. The Canon is the first and only IEM I've heard that I can honestly call "holographic" for the effect of its imaging.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,033 of 2,418
Reminder - the sale will be over in less than 11 hours from now (at midnight PST).
Get your Canon/Aladdin at the crazy sale prices - they are great even without the coupons! (but the coupons do still work for now - hurry!)

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #1,035 of 2,418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back