Yanyin Discussion thread
Mar 15, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #798 of 2,418
Possible but I would actually expect the opposite from their TOTL
We do expect much from a flagship

It might be more related to personal preferences. Maybe BenF finds Rosemary less fun, too smooth or something.
Acoustune did this on their range.
They superseded the previous flagship 1670 to 1690, the tuning was quite relaxed and some ended up selling them and keep the highly engaging 1670.
Flagship models some of them, tend to do a balanced, relaxed safe tuning...

Mar 15, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #799 of 2,418
We do expect much from a flagship

Acoustune did this on their range.
They superseded the previous flagship 1670 to 1690, the tuning was quite relaxed and some ended up selling them and keep the highly engaging 1670.
Flagship models some of them, tend to do a balanced, relaxed safe tuning...
Some peoples prefers HS1677ss to HS1697ti but I listened only 1677 and I really like it😊

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #800 of 2,418
Some peoples prefers HS1677ss to HS1697ti but I listened only 1677 and I really like it😊

For my ears, the 1600 series is STILL flagship level and I know its 2022! :smile_phones:
Cannot forget the day it arrived. The wow factor was really very high Considering I already had U12t, U18t...
Sure the details are less (it's there, but in the back seat) but the engagement factor is more, coherence is on another planet lol, excellent Mid bass, analogue mids and the bright as day treble and THAT 3d holo. SOUND FIELD!
(Sorry I know this a Yanyin thread, i'll stop, LOL)
:deadhorse:

Mar 15, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #801 of 2,418
Could you define 'not as good' ... ?
Rosemary doesn't sound as natural and lively, produces more of an "listening to a recording" experience instead of Canon's "listening to a concert" experience.
Canon has better transparency and timbre, liquid mids and punchier bass.

I'd +1 one @AnalogandDigital 's query.
Price difference alone, The latter should have the upper hand on anything.
At least by sound field dimension and scale of imaging, the Rosemary should be better...
1647244659815.png1647244699476.png
Price means nothing, it's usually defined by parameters other than sound quality - driver count, exotic drivers, brand name, just sheer greed...

So it's more a value for money thing ?
No, Canon is just better - at least so far. I haven't listened to "01" on Rosemary yet, and haven't done tip rolling.
Rosemary's "11" sounds better than Canon's "111", but Rosemary's "10" and "00" don't sound as good as Canon's "110", "100" and "000".

It might be more related to personal preferences. Maybe BenF finds Rosemary less fun, too smooth or something.
I am not fond of "fun" headphones. I own perhaps the most "fun" headphone in the world - Fostex TH900MK2, but I never listen to it.
I much prefer the more natural sounding Stax 009 and Takstar Pro 82 v2. When I want something extra fun, I reach out for Takstar GM200 - it has a bass boost similar to TH900, but without recessed mids and spikes in the treble:

1647372964907.png

Mar 15, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #802 of 2,418
Rosemary doesn't sound as natural and lively, produces more of an "listening to a recording" experience instead of Canon's "listening to a concert" experience.
Canon has better transparency and timbre, liquid mids and punchier bass.

Price means nothing, it's usually defined by parameters other than sound quality - driver count, exotic drivers, brand name, just sheer greed...

No, Canon is just better - at least so far. I haven't listened to "01" on Rosemary yet, and haven't done tip rolling.
Rosemary's "11" sounds better than Canon's "111", but Rosemary's "10" and "00" don't sound as good as Canon's "110", "100" and "000".

I am not fond of "fun" headphones. I own perhaps the most "fun" headphone in the world - Fostex TH900MK2, but I never listen to it.
I much prefer the more natural sounding Stax 009 and Takstar Pro 82 v2. When I want something extra fun, I reach out for Takstar GM200 - it has a bass boost similar to TH900, but without recessed mids and spikes in the treble:

1647372964907.png
I think I might go for it, got my EJ07m after retuning yesterday, all is fine but it doesn't have a soundstage that I am looking for, will try a better cable first and then we'll see. When IEM gives me a soundstage where I can feel singer's presence or hear instruments as if they are here then it is another level to me, then I can justify a price and this hobby. So did I understand you right, there is this sort of presence in music as if it is happening near you?

Mar 16, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #803 of 2,418
I think I might go for it, got my EJ07m after retuning yesterday, all is fine but it doesn't have a soundstage that I am looking for, will try a better cable first and then we'll see. When IEM gives me a soundstage where I can feel singer's presence or hear instruments as if they are here then it is another level to me, then I can justify a price and this hobby. So did I understand you right, there is this sort of presence in music as if it is happening near you?
Yes, the music presented in a way that isn't characteristic for earphones/headphones, gives total immersion.

Mar 17, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #807 of 2,418
Treble is very lively and not grainy at all.
Hello! What source are you using with the Canon? I just saw that it's 10 Ohms...which means it's going to be source-dependent. Not as bas as the Softears Volume (5 Ohms!), but some reviewers have had issues with the Volume because of how sensitive it is.

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #808 of 2,418
Hello fellow Aladdin / Canon / Rosemary owners! Is anyone else having issues with the 2-pin connection getting loose over time? My Aladdin is ok, the IEMs are not falling out due to their own weight, but I know one owner who is in a worse state and is thinking of getting their Aladdin repaired. Is this a known problem? I haven't been excessive in my cable swaps, and I only use the Aladdin indoors.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #809 of 2,418
Hello fellow Aladdin / Canon / Rosemary owners! Is anyone else having issues with the 2-pin connection getting loose over time? My Aladdin is ok, the IEMs are not falling out due to their own weight, but I know one owner who is in a worse state and is thinking of getting their Aladdin repaired. Is this a known problem? I haven't been excessive in my cable swaps, and I only use the Aladdin indoors.

Thanks!
it will happen to all IEM with 2-pin connection, and the standard of 0.78pin is pretty bad (it varies between 0.76-0.81mm, sometimes also find the one with 0.83)
Just change the cable if broken is the only way to prevent it

Mar 18, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #810 of 2,418
it will happen to all IEM with 2-pin connection, and the standard of 0.78pin is pretty bad (it varies between 0.76-0.81mm, sometimes also find the one with 0.83)
Just change the cable if broken is the only way to prevent it
Thanks for your reply, but why would changing the cable help? Do you mean try to get lucky by finding a cable with2-pin male pins that are slightly wider in diameter to fit the loose female terminals? I'm afraid my Aladdin 2-pin female terminals are loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back