Yanyin Discussion thread
Nov 11, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #676 of 2,418
Nov 12, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #677 of 2,418
I enjoy reading reviews/impressions of the Aladdin, and came across this reviewer (website is in Russian, but you can easily translate the entire webpage on Chrome): https://www.ixbt.com/live/digs/chet...h-4-drayvernyh-naushnikov-yanyin-aladdin.html. Even if you can't / don't want to bother translating, you can appreciate the graphs. Btw, he also has a YouTube channel with pretty decent subtitles in English!

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #678 of 2,418
Nov 13, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #679 of 2,418
Wait until next week when H50 will become "not a bad set" 😂😂😂
That's the problem with serial reviewers - they have to switch hype trains too often, otherwise no more free samples :jecklinsmile:
if you want to buy a headphone based on their reviews - just wait a few weeks, and you will see an even "better" headphone reviewed.
We can only wish that headphones really improved at this rate.

Nov 14, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #680 of 2,418
That's the problem with serial reviewers - they have to switch hype trains too often, otherwise no more free samples :jecklinsmile:
if you want to buy a headphone based on their reviews - just wait a few weeks, and you will see an even "better" headphone reviewed.
We can only wish that headphones really improved at this rate.
They will be over level 9000 😂

I wonder if GK10 is now "not a bad set" :thinking:

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #681 of 2,418
Hello to all of you.

Here is my humble opinion about the Yanyin Aladdin.
I hope you like it.

Best regards.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/yanyin-aladdin.25340/reviews#review-27325

Yanyin Aladdin 17.jpg

Dec 11, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #682 of 2,418
Another reviewer praising the Aladdin: . This really is a hidden gem - I wish more people support Yinyan after seeing this video!

Dec 15, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #683 of 2,418
There are a couple of things that I would change to match my preferences even more:
  • DD timbre for strings instead of BA timbre (I never notice anything wrong when listening on them, just noticeably that tiniest bit "better" when I try a DD. It might me a gentle/slow attack that makes strings float in rather than be dragged out with rosin and a firm hand)
  • The tiniest bit more slam/impact/rumble. The bass is already masterful and enveloping when called for.
Here's a comparison I'd be interested in others making, because I have a Softears RSV with me right now.

I have to look at my desk to see which is not plugged into my ears to remind myself if I have the RSV or Aladdin in my ears right now. They are very tonally similar, to my ears. The mids are so good on the Aladdin, that I honestly feel they're unintelligible from the RSV's. Sub-bass is similar. The RSV might be a tinier bit more snappy/bright with snare emphases in tracks.

To my ears they provide an uncannily close experience.

Just swapped them back. I feel like I'm getting a little more warmth/fun from the Aladdins on the same track, and the vocals might sound the tiniest bit breathier too. But besides that...

Let's take a moment and compare the prices of the two. And I absolutely think the RSV is great, this isn't a slight on them, just a jaw-dropping honor for the Aladdins.

My plan was to buy the Aladdin and treat them like an end-game, but I've had multiple chances to try at least 3 if not more sets worth $500+. And they're good sets. But for daily listening I think I still choose the Aladdin. In the Aladdin vs RSV case, because they're so similar for such different prices, not because the RSV failed on any account. I take "can't be beat until you get into $x00 backet" comments with a cup of salt, but dang, Aladdins truly hold their own up to, and beyond, $500 sets. For my taste if nothing else.

Stock tips for the win.

My RSV is for sale.

Serial was a great IEM to have just tried, I do envy the DD for cello etc., but only marginally, and it's still pricier than the Aladdins, which are overall less fatiguing to my ear.

It really looks like I'm not going to manage to beat them. I have a cotton modded DQ6 if I plan to have a dedicated strings session?

IEM still on its way to me (but to be honest disinterested in from the start) 7Hz Timeless
Ones I would still love to try at the right pricepoint: EJ07/m, Canon, Hekili, Isabellae/Mk2/Reborn

But to be honest my estimations of how much they may or may not be better than the Aladdin keeps becoming a smaller and smaller margin with experience. And with my family's budget, no, I'm not going to pay a $400+ difference for an 8% enjoyment increase.

EDIT: It's such an emotional enjoyment too. Just a natural, beautiful, immersive sound.

Dec 16, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #684 of 2,418
There are a couple of things that I would change to match my preferences even more:
  • DD timbre for strings instead of BA timbre (I never notice anything wrong when listening on them, just noticeably that tiniest bit "better" when I try a DD. It might me a gentle/slow attack that makes strings float in rather than be dragged out with rosin and a firm hand)
  • The tiniest bit more slam/impact/rumble. The bass is already masterful and enveloping when called for.
Here's a comparison I'd be interested in others making, because I have a Softears RSV with me right now.

I have to look at my desk to see which is not plugged into my ears to remind myself if I have the RSV or Aladdin in my ears right now. They are very tonally similar, to my ears. The mids are so good on the Aladdin, that I honestly feel they're unintelligible from the RSV's. Sub-bass is similar. The RSV might be a tinier bit more snappy/bright with snare emphases in tracks.

To my ears they provide an uncannily close experience.

Just swapped them back. I feel like I'm getting a little more warmth/fun from the Aladdins on the same track, and the vocals might sound the tiniest bit breathier too. But besides that...

Let's take a moment and compare the prices of the two. And I absolutely think the RSV is great, this isn't a slight on them, just a jaw-dropping honor for the Aladdins.

My plan was to buy the Aladdin and treat them like an end-game, but I've had multiple chances to try at least 3 if not more sets worth $500+. And they're good sets. But for daily listening I think I still choose the Aladdin. In the Aladdin vs RSV case, because they're so similar for such different prices, not because the RSV failed on any account. I take "can't be beat until you get into $x00 backet" comments with a cup of salt, but dang, Aladdins truly hold their own up to, and beyond, $500 sets. For my taste if nothing else.

Stock tips for the win.

My RSV is for sale.

Serial was a great IEM to have just tried, I do envy the DD for cello etc., but only marginally, and it's still pricier than the Aladdins, which are overall less fatiguing to my ear.

It really looks like I'm not going to manage to beat them. I have a cotton modded DQ6 if I plan to have a dedicated strings session?

IEM still on its way to me (but to be honest disinterested in from the start) 7Hz Timeless
Ones I would still love to try at the right pricepoint: EJ07/m, Canon, Hekili, Isabellae/Mk2/Reborn

But to be honest my estimations of how much they may or may not be better than the Aladdin keeps becoming a smaller and smaller margin with experience. And with my family's budget, no, I'm not going to pay a $400+ difference for an 8% enjoyment increase.

EDIT: It's such an emotional enjoyment too. Just a natural, beautiful, immersive sound.
If you go by technicalities, spaciousness, separation, stage depth, sharper note details - Timeless takes the cake and beats the Aladdin hands down. However, Aladdin sounds a bit more organic, more intimate presentation which by no means is claustrophobic. The sharper notes of Timeless gets a bit fatiguing after a while. However, these impressions are purely with the stock cable - a pure copper cable might have changed my perception, but wasn't able to try it.

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #685 of 2,418
Something I wrote up on the Aladdin and the Oxygen. I know, it's not apples to apples since one is a hybrid and the other is a single DD, but I found it a good learning exercise. Thought some of you may find it interesting!

Yinyan Aladdin and Tanchjim Oxygen comparison

PXL_20211218_190643512.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20211218_190414946.PORTRAIT.jpg

Context
I am doing this comparison for two reasons: 1. I got the Oxygen as a TOTL single DD that is prized for its tonality and technicalities. I wanted to compare it against my current end-game, the Aladdin, which is a hybrid; 2. Since they are in a similar price bracket, some people who are looking to get a new IEM may be considering both options and may benefit from this review.

Preamble
- Driver configuration: Aladdin (1DD + 3BA); Oxygen (1 DD)
- Source: Qudelix 5k (no EQ), Spotify
- Cables: Balanced, 2.5 mm for both IEMs
- Eartips: Stock Aladdin eartips on both Aladdin & Oxygen
- Test playlist: Mix of jazz, classical, film scores, female & male vocals
- Photos credit to me

Fit
- Both very comfortable. Aladdin shells are larger and heavier, but still comfortable to wear for many hours. Oxygen shells are very light and small, and needs to be pushed right against the concha for proper seal.

PXL_20211218_185906837.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20211218_190730100.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Impressions
- These are both excellent IEMs, so I had to listen very carefully for 2 hours, constantly switching between the two, to tease apart the differences
- What I believe the Aladdin does better:
1. Soundstage: Feels grander than the Oxygen. Has more height, more depth, although width is similar.
2. Mids are more forward, and I prefer the vocals on the Aladdin ever so slightly.
3. Bit more clarity and separation in the treble, which is expected given the Aladdin is a hybrid

- What I believe the Oxygen does better:
1. Note-weight: I never fully appreciated what reviewers meant by "note-weight" until I compared BA vs DD sets. The Oxygen makes notes sound...heavier, fuller. This may be related to tonality. For e.g., cymbal hits and bass guitar pulls feel like there is more substance.
2. Bass: There's more mid-bass, and maybe this helps with the note-weight as well. Seems a tad faster or more defined than the Aladdin. I think the sub-bass extends a tad further in the Oxygen.

Conclusion
I got the Oxygen hoping I would hear a striking difference between the Aladdin. In this regard, I am a bit surprised - there is no clear winner. This means the Aladdin is an excellent hybrid set, and I am very pleased that it's in my collection. I heard another reviewer say that the Aladdin sounds like a single DD - they are that well tuned.

I still need to spend more time with the Oxygen to understand its niche or specialty: I am not disappointed by them, and they are a noticeable upgrade from the Mele, but I expected something more. Maybe I will hear more differences after I spend more time with them and do more A/Bing.

Happy listening!

PXL_20211218_190131063.PORTRAIT.jpg

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:14 AM Post #687 of 2,418
Any more Canon reviews coming up by the way? This guy has been praising it as his pick in the 500-600 range. so would love to hear some more opinions. The price is kinda steep, so no idea if anyone's ordered it :)

I'd love to see more reviews of all Yinyan products, tbh! @Penon you should send more review units out. My buddy contacted you a while ago asking for Aladdin review set but never heard back...

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #689 of 2,418
Just ordered the Aladdins can’t wait. It was between these, Ikko OH10 and the Yume midnight
Congrats! Hope it brings you lots of joyous listening sessions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back