Yanyin Discussion thread
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #646 of 2,418
Yeah, Aladdin isn't the worst offender in terms of BA timbre, like it's nothing as bad as ER4 series in that regard. However it's noticeable to me in back-to-back listening with the Aladdin other sets. Even with the very inexpensive DD-based KZ DQ6 there is a noticeable difference to me where the DQ6 sounds more natural than the Aladdin in terms of timbre.
Interesting, I'll try A/B again with my Mele. I thought classical music sounded good on the Aladdin - do you recommend any specific test tracks?

Oct 23, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #647 of 2,418
Yeah, Aladdin isn't the worst offender in terms of BA timbre, like it's nothing as bad as ER4 series in that regard. However it's noticeable to me in back-to-back listening with the Aladdin other sets. Even with the very inexpensive DD-based KZ DQ6 there is a noticeable difference to me where the DQ6 sounds more natural than the Aladdin in terms of timbre.
As I have already mentioned here... even the twice the price fearless S6Rui sounds far more unrealistic than Aladdin in terms of sound signature..

Oct 23, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #648 of 2,418
I just received the Yanyin Aladdin and they are like honey to my ears. But it is also true that I notice similarities with another of the greats, such as the ISN H40. It is clear that the bass is not as great as in the H40s, but one tuning follows the other... Yanyin Aladdin.pngYanyin Aladdin vs ISN H40.png

Oct 23, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #649 of 2,418
I just received the Yanyin Aladdin and they are like honey to my ears. But it is also true that I notice similarities with another of the greats, such as the ISN H40. It is clear that the bass is not as great as in the H40s, but one tuning follows the other...
Wasn't expecting that at all!!
That's the reason why I like so much the Aladdins... It's their tuning after all..
So similar to the ABSOLUTE KING......

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #650 of 2,418
I just received the Yanyin Aladdin and they are like honey to my ears. But it is also true that I notice similarities with another of the greats, such as the ISN H40. It is clear that the bass is not as great as in the H40s, but one tuning follows the other...Yanyin Aladdin.pngYanyin Aladdin vs ISN H40.png
Nice! Will you post a review of the Aladdin on your website?

Oct 23, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #651 of 2,418
Nice! Will you post a review of the Aladdin on your website?
Of course, and here too, as usual. I only ask for a little time, there are other products in the queue.

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #652 of 2,418
Hi owners of Aladdin! Does anyone have both the Aladdin and the Tanchjim Oxygen? I'm thinking of upgrading my single DD from the Tripowin Mele to the Oxygen, but I want to gauge if the Oxygen is sufficiently different to the Aladdin. Thanks in advance!

Oct 31, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #653 of 2,418
Interesting, I'll try A/B again with my Mele. I thought classical music sounded good on the Aladdin - do you recommend any specific test tracks?

Hi owners of Aladdin! Does anyone have both the Aladdin and the Tanchjim Oxygen? I'm thinking of upgrading my single DD from the Tripowin Mele to the Oxygen, but I want to gauge if the Oxygen is sufficiently different to the Aladdin. Thanks in advance!
@tgx78 has both, I think. If you are looking for a stellar set for classical, Tanchjim's 1 DD sets seems to be the bees knees. I can vouch that my Hana 2021 is my best set for classical, better than IEMs 2 times the price.

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #654 of 2,418
finally I have finished my comparison of the yanyin aladdin and the 7hz Timeless to my own satisfaction. I'm not much of a writer so I'll keep it short.

gear used: shanling m30 with balanced 4.4mm cables, oppo phone with ve usb-c to 3.5mm adapter and single ended cables

yanyin aladdin strengths: treble and bass extension, detail at the extremes, it's sensitive/dynamic sounding
7hz timeless strengths: treble/mids/bass seems very coherent and integrated, GREAT blackground

at first I loved the smooth integration of the 7hz timeless and the blackground/quietness during quiet moments and single instrument type songs, BUT when I tried other genres like EDM I realized the 7hz bass just couldn't compare to the dynamic driver bass in the aladdin. It was a bit muddy/less textured on the 7hz and thwacked like it reached the end of its excursion, vs the aladdin yanyin sounding like a high quality subwoofer.

In the end I decided I needed the bass and more dynamic sound of the yanyin aladdin. Might sell off the 7hz

Nov 1, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #655 of 2,418
@tgx78 has both, I think. If you are looking for a stellar set for classical, Tanchjim's 1 DD sets seems to be the bees knees. I can vouch that my Hana 2021 is my best set for classical, better than IEMs 2 times the price.
Thanks for the reply! So do you prefer Hana 2021 over Aladdin when listening to classical music?

I am seriously considering the Hana, or stretching my budget all the way to Oxygen 😅

Nov 1, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #656 of 2,418
Thanks for the reply! So do you prefer Hana 2021 over Aladdin when listening to classical music?

I am seriously considering the Hana, or stretching my budget all the way to Oxygen 😅

I don’t own the Aladdin. I do own the Hana 2021. Sorry for the confusion.

Hana 2021 plus save $ vs. Oxygen is an audio existential conflict. I think you probably win both ways.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #658 of 2,418
Sorry for the late reply. Actually I sold the Oxygen and kept the OG Hana as I put the oxygen filter on Hana and couldn't tell the difference between the two. Hana is really great for classical music. I believe I ranked it #2 out of all single DD IEMS in my possession.

Nov 2, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #659 of 2,418
Oxygen is on sale in classifieds for $200 at the moment, from a pretty great dude!
Thanks for the heads up! Sadly only shipping to the US :frowning2:

@tgx78 no worries and thanks for replying! Can you buy Oxygen filters separately on AliX?

Nov 2, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #660 of 2,418
Thanks for the heads up! Sadly only shipping to the US :frowning2:

@tgx78 no worries and thanks for replying! Can you buy Oxygen filters separately on AliX?
2F4C24B0-DD88-4B6C-935C-0D29C4FA28FB.jpeg
If you buy the Tanchjim Tanya ($20), it includes like 10 pairs of oxygen filter in it along with very nice elecom cap20 eartips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back