Yanyin Discussion thread
Oct 12, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #616 of 2,418
-

Actually, we established that prominence by make / brand:
1. ISN Audio - Bass
2. Penon - Mids
3. Tansio - Treble
I will never understand Penon being praised for mids. The Globes were decent perhaps, but Orb or Fan? It's all preference, but people praising the Orb for vocals just left me confused for example.

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #617 of 2,418
I will never understand Penon being praised for mids. The Globes were decent perhaps, but Orb or Fan? It's all preference, but people praising the Orb for vocals just left me confused for example.
It definitely will be a matter of preference.
Regardless of shape, the Penon Mids are in fact their Ace card
1634050915483.png

I am creating the sheet, but not yet finished, as we can refer to,
each release have a varying degree of tuning from each other...

Oct 13, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #618 of 2,418
Finally got my Aladdin! Will post impressions soon once I find some quiet time.

Just curious, does anyone own both Aladdin (or Canon) and 7Hz Timeless? Been hearing great things about the latter but no one has compared these two yet. Thanks!

Oct 13, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #619 of 2,418
Finally got my Aladdin! Will post impressions soon once I find some quiet time.

Just curious, does anyone own both Aladdin (or Canon) and 7Hz Timeless? Been hearing great things about the latter but no one has compared these two yet. Thanks!
I'll compare the Aladdin and Timeless by Monday for sure. Will post here. Stay tuned till then.

Oct 14, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #620 of 2,418
I'll compare the Aladdin and Timeless by Monday for sure. Will post here. Stay tuned till then.
Thanks a lot! I've been trying to learn more about these IEMs but it really seems to be the underdog - can't find many reviewers who have heard of it! I just got mine last weekend and am waiting for some quiet time for a detailed listening session. Sadly I don't have much experience with IEMs yet so I'm relying on others to figure out what I should be hearing and what makes Aladdins so good!

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #621 of 2,418
Rosemary-700x700.jpg

Yanyin Rosemary 8BA + 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2pin 0.78mm HiFi Audiophile In-ear Earphones IEMs with 3 Switches

Description

There is sound quality and more face value
The whole earphone is made of handmade crystalline cavity material, and every color match is thoughtful, natural and unique.

The flagship tuning carefully developed a natural combination of hybrid (1 dynamic + 8 balanced armature)
Very deep dive and fast rebound in low frequency, high density of mid-frequency, accurate and clear positioning of human voice image, bright high frequency without irritation and strong extension, wide and regular sound field, making it in various styles music can bring a palace-like sound enjoyment.
Pay attention to the materials and carefully research and develop the upgraded hybrid combination (1 dynamic + 8 balanced armature)

High-quality balanced armature unit
The balanced armature has beautiful sound, super resolution, and ultra-high frequency balanced armature with excellent extensibility. The frequency response range reaches 22kHz.

Bio-diaphragm dynamic
The sound of the bio-diaphragm dynamic is loose and naturally, the low frequency is strong and flexible.

2-position tuning, 4 combinations
Tuning features: 2 tuning switches, 4 styles flagship tuning presentation
Frequency division technology: 9 units 4 frequency division 4 tube electronic frequency division + physical frequency division technology
*ON direction is open, digital direction is off
*Turning on switch 1 can increase the low-frequency atmosphere
*Turning on switch 2 can improve ultra-high frequency extensibility

Wear comfortably, listen to the nature
4 version changes
Mass data modification modeling
Smaller cavity
Fits better to the ear canal
More comfortable to wear

4 strands of graphite powder anti-interference single crystal copper silver-plated cable

The cable is relatively soft, and the stethoscope effect is not obvious. 3.5mm plug, 2pin 0.78mm connectors are default.

Specification

Model: Rosemary
Driver: 1 dynamic + 8 balanced armature
Material: Hand-made earphone shell of medical resin
Frequency response range: 5Hz-22kHz
Input sensitivity: 108dB
DRC: 10Ω
Cable: 4 strands of graphite powder single crystal copper silver-plated cable
Pin: 0.78mm detachable cable design
Plug: 3.5mm

Oct 16, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #622 of 2,418
So, I received the 7HZ Timeless for audition and review. I must say I was mighty impressed by it. As promised to @ttorbic , here is a brief comparison with Yanyin Aladdin from a very brief listening:

Timeless vs. Aladdin:
  • Timeless has sharper notes, Aladdin notes are slightly smoother, but still enough crisp
  • Timelesss Notes are a bit leaner, Aladdin notes are a bit fuller
  • Due to the leaner notes, Timeless has a tiny bit more airy sound than Aladdin
  • While details are similar, Aladdin notes are more well defined and lively, sounds bigger. Timeless notes sound a bit compressed and smaller.
  • Timeless has a more v-shaped sound, adding a bit more depth to the stage. Aladdin has slightly more forward mids.
  • Bass of Timeless is VERY good, goes deep, sounds full bodied, and yet has enough speed not to muddy the midrange. Fast, big, juicy bass - loved it! Aladdin has a much more controlled bass response compared to Timeless - midbass has less emphasis and sounds less full bodied, although not hollow.
  • Aladdin has a slightly warmer tonality, Timeless has a slightly cooler tonality.
  • Treble responses of both are very comparable - energy and extension-wise. So I can't really pick out one over the other.
  • Width of soundstage is similar on both, depth is slightly better on Timeless, while height is considerably better on Aladdin, which provides a better, more complete, and more grand presentation.
  • Timeless has a slightly cleaner and darker background than Aladdin.
All listening was done through Balanced out of Shanling M3X in High Gain. Volume matching was done before comparison.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #623 of 2,418
So, I received the 7HZ Timeless for audition and review. I must say I was mighty impressed by it. As promised to @ttorbic , here is a brief comparison with Yanyin Aladdin from a very brief listening:

Timeless vs. Aladdin:
  • Timeless has sharper notes, Aladdin notes are slightly smoother, but still enough crisp
  • Timelesss Notes are a bit leaner, Aladdin notes are a bit fuller
  • Due to the leaner notes, Timeless has a tiny bit more airy sound than Aladdin
  • While details are similar, Aladdin notes are more well defined and lively, sounds bigger. Aladdin notes sound a bit compressed and smaller.
  • Timeless has a more v-shaped sound, adding a bit more depth to the stage. Aladdin has slightly more forward mids.
  • Bass of Timeless is VERY good, goes deep, sounds full bodied, and yet has enough speed not to muddy the midrange. Fast, big, juicy bass - loved it! Aladdin has a much more controlled bass response compared to Timeless - midbass has less emphasis and sounds less full bodied, although not hollow.
  • Aladdin has a slightly warmer tonality, Timeless has a slightly cooler tonality.
  • Treble responses of both are very comparable - energy and extension-wise. So I can't really pick out one over the other.
  • Width of soundstage is similar on both, depth is slightly better on Timeless, while height is considerably better on Aladdin, which provides a better, more complete, and more grand presentation.
  • Timeless has a slightly cleaner and darker background than Timeless.
All listening was done through Balanced out of Shanling M3X in High Gain. Volume matching was done before comparison.
Amazing, thanks for taking the time! Timeless has received some fantastic reviews so I'm pretty tempted, especially if it is sufficiently different to the Aladdin.

Interested to hear that the soundstage is not too restricted - several people mentioned this as the only major drawback to this set. What are your thoughts? Doesn't appear to be much of an issue for you?

I wonder if Timeless sounds like an IEM version of Hifiman or other planar headphones!

Oct 16, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #624 of 2,418
Amazing, thanks for taking the time! Timeless has received some fantastic reviews so I'm pretty tempted, especially if it is sufficiently different to the Aladdin.

Interested to hear that the soundstage is not too restricted - several people mentioned this as the only major drawback to this set. What are your thoughts? Doesn't appear to be much of an issue for you?

I wonder if Timeless sounds like an IEM version of Hifiman or other planar headphones!
To my ears, it did not sound restricted a bit. but please note - I have not heard Tinhifi P1, Tri I3 pro, or BL-03 mesh mod, hence cannot comment on any of them.

Timeless is sufficiently different than Aladdin, and I was quite impressed at the first listen. However, as I kept listening, I found myself missing the bigger notes of Aladdin, and mildly irritated at the occasional sharp peaks of Timeless notes. It did impress me initially, but at a similar price range I cannot keep it while I have the Aladdin.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #625 of 2,418
1634383887703.png

(From the Penon Feed)

2-position tuning, 4 combinations
Tuning features: 2 tuning switches, 4 styles flagship tuning presentation
Frequency division technology: 9 units 4 frequency division 4 tube electronic frequency division + physical frequency division technology
*ON direction is open, digital direction is off
*Turning on switch 1 can increase the low-frequency atmosphere
*Turning on switch 2 can improve ultra-high frequency extensibility

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #626 of 2,418
Listened to some jazz on the Aladdin (artist: The Souljazz Orchestra), and I am very very pleased with this purchase! It's also a bonus that they are such beautiful IEMs!

Attachments

• PXL_20211016_121718807.PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    PXL_20211016_121718807.PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20211016_121801560.PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    PXL_20211016_121801560.PORTRAIT~3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #627 of 2,418
Listened to some jazz on the Aladdin (artist: The Souljazz Orchestra), and I am very very pleased with this purchase! It's also a bonus that they are such beautiful IEMs!
That cable is beautiful! What cable are they?

Oct 16, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #628 of 2,418
Oct 16, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #630 of 2,418
Just now found the time to listen for the very first time the Alladins....
They are definitely keepers....
I was immediately impressed from the superb authority in the sub bass region and their excellent tuning....
No peaks, no harshness, no sibilance
Extremely detailed but musical as well...
I think I like them even more than the Teas which I consider a very serious earphone as well...
But man...... these are true Chameleons...
Easily can reproduce every single
genre in my whole library with finesse and a romantic unique air.....and absolutely recommended for long listening sessions...
A seriously good earphone with a superb mature tuning it has become all ready a favorite for me right from the first listening....
Mush more versatile than the Teas (soundwise) and the note weight/tonality across the entire FR seems to be right on spot....
Those are definitely keepers.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back