Yanyin Discussion thread
Nov 2, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #661 of 2,418
finally I have finished my comparison of the yanyin aladdin and the 7hz Timeless to my own satisfaction. I'm not much of a writer so I'll keep it short.

gear used: shanling m30 with balanced 4.4mm cables, oppo phone with ve usb-c to 3.5mm adapter and single ended cables

yanyin aladdin strengths: treble and bass extension, detail at the extremes, it's sensitive/dynamic sounding
7hz timeless strengths: treble/mids/bass seems very coherent and integrated, GREAT blackground

at first I loved the smooth integration of the 7hz timeless and the blackground/quietness during quiet moments and single instrument type songs, BUT when I tried other genres like EDM I realized the 7hz bass just couldn't compare to the dynamic driver bass in the aladdin. It was a bit muddy/less textured on the 7hz and thwacked like it reached the end of its excursion, vs the aladdin yanyin sounding like a high quality subwoofer.

In the end I decided I needed the bass and more dynamic sound of the yanyin aladdin. Might sell off the 7hz
Thanks for sharing your impressions! I think I'll hold off on a planar IEM and go for a good single DD. I'm very happy that the Aladdin, while a different beast, can trade blows with the Timeless!

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #662 of 2,418
EB40FC6F-6E97-490B-9A50-4DE855A28A7C.jpeg

Aladdin ($245) vs Traillii ($6,599)

79AFD8B2-BC09-476D-9DE6-B9AB9A0FAAE6.jpeg

Aladdin vs Odin ($3,399)

Yanyin knows how to tune.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #663 of 2,418
After a few days with the Aladdin, they improve with good sources and my best DACS/DAPS have balanced outputs. I have tried a balanced cable and the detail and image has improved. I now find the scene and three-dimensionality I was looking for. I don't feel a lack of bass, but I must admit that it is smooth, sweet and warm in profile.
It's going to be a lot of enjoyable to review this product.

Yanyin Aladdin 08.png

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #664 of 2,418
After a few days with the Aladdin, they improve with good sources and my best DACS/DAPS have balanced outputs. I have tried a balanced cable and the detail and image has improved. I now find the scene and three-dimensionality I was looking for. I don't feel a lack of bass, but I must admit that it is smooth, sweet and warm in profile.
It's going to be a lot of enjoyable to review this product.

Yanyin Aladdin 08.png
Looking forward to your review!

Nov 11, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #666 of 2,418
Hi everyone, after almost two months of waiting :triumph::triumph: I finally got my new shanling m3x. I confirm that to make the Aladdin sound right you need a sound source with the right impedance, otherwise our little gems are really worth it. On the balanced port of the M3x the Aladdin's really have all the energy they need and the bass seems even more full-bodied and articulated, but it knows how to stay in place without invading the garden of the others. In short, very good !!!

Now ............ do you have any advice for me for some other nice pair of earphones that go beyond my Yanyin ??? Today is 11/11 and we need to run the economy ... Maximum expenditure around € 300.

Thanks to those who will give me some valuable advice !!!!!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #667 of 2,418
Hi everyone, after almost two months of waiting :triumph::triumph: I finally got my new shanling m3x. I confirm that to make the Aladdin sound right you need a sound source with the right impedance, otherwise our little gems are really worth it. On the balanced port of the M3x the Aladdin's really have all the energy they need and the bass seems even more full-bodied and articulated, but it knows how to stay in place without invading the garden of the others. In short, very good !!!

Now ............ do you have any advice for me for some other nice pair of earphones that go beyond my Yanyin ??? Today is 11/11 and we need to run the economy ... Maximum expenditure around € 300.

Thanks to those who will give me some valuable advice !!!!!
Nice! What was your previous source?

Nov 11, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #669 of 2,418
The Hiby R5 (old model), good player but hig impedence (16~300Ω). Not the right thing for the Aladdin... :face_palm: :face_palm:
ah ok! I use the Aladdin balanced on Qudelix and it sounds amazing.

Btw, I bought Tanchjim Oxygen this 11.11. It'll be my TOTL single DD!

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #673 of 2,418
Canons are not a bad set, especailly at the new price point. They have an energetic tuning/ sound signature and has excellent dynamics. There are some similarities in how they are tuned vs the H50s. I would say they are more comparable vs each other in sound quality level vs one being clearly outclassed by the other. Nothing wrong with getting the Canons at all. If anything you have the option of fine tuning each of the sound bands with the switches which is always a plus. Its bass end is using a fantastic bio dynamic too.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #674 of 2,418
Canons are not a bad set, especailly at the new price point. They have an energetic tuning/ sound signature and has excellent dynamics. There are some similarities in how they are tuned vs the H50s. I would say they are more comparable vs each other in sound quality level vs one being clearly outclassed by the other. Nothing wrong with getting the Canons at all. If anything you have the option of fine tuning each of the sound bands with the switches which is always a plus. Its bass end is using a fantastic bio dynamic too.
"Not a bad set" is quite far from your glowing review...
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/yanyin-canon.25482/reviews

Nov 11, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #675 of 2,418
Look into the new ISN H50. I feel they are an upgrade to the Aladdins. Arguably better tuned vs the Canons actually.

I will be posting my review of the H50 soon.
This is the move I will be contemplating. Day by day, I still adore my Aladdins and wonder what anything could do better. I guess I'll either find out, or sell the H50s on. Love my Aladdins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back