Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 10, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #166 of 2,418
So I have been writing about my experiences with the Aladdin and one aspect about these that I feel stands out besides how well they are tuned. The balancing is world class.

I can't fault the tuning and implementation of the drivers. Everything fits perfectly together and comes across very mature and definitely not entry level. It is all about nuance and detail but without sounding clinical. The soul of the music is intact and so is the space where it was recorded.

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #167 of 2,418
This exactly. I think Aladdin does a splendid job at recreating the atmosphere of where a recording took place. It is more chameleon like in that regard. I posted that live performance of Alice in Chains Killer is me. You can hear that live set and the stage where they are performing. You are in the room they did that gig. You can basically tell how large the venue is which was not large a smaller medium sized theatre with excellent acoustics for live performances. The little nuances of that recording is so real.

Aug 10, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #168 of 2,418
This exactly. I think Aladdin does a splendid job at recreating the atmosphere of where a recording took place. It is more chameleon like in that regard. I posted that live performance of Alice in Chains Killer is me. You can hear that live set and the stage where they are performing. You are in the room they did that gig. You can basically tell how large the venue is which was not large a smaller medium sized theatre with excellent acoustics for live performances. The little nuances of that recording is so real.

Yes! There's spatial cue's I am appreciating from reverberations in the room that help imply size etc. I haven't heard this on many sets. Instrument X in position left, sound trasmitting across to right with subtle reflection back in right i.e. off wall etc. They've done a really good job capturing space.

I don't think I have owned a better set for jazz trio tbh.

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #169 of 2,418
Could you do a comparison vs B2 Dusk ?
thank you, 🙏

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #170 of 2,418
Yes! There's spatial cue's I am appreciating from reverberations in the room that help imply size etc. I haven't heard this on many sets. Instrument X in position left, sound trasmitting across to right with subtle reflection back in right i.e. off wall etc. They've done a really good job capturing space.

I don't think I have owned a better set for jazz trio tbh.
Well... dang! What wizardry to capture that in these wee shells.

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #171 of 2,418
Well... dang! What wizardry to capture that in these wee shells.

It really is, with 4 drivers too...

How many weeks off are your set?

I'm now using stock tips btw. They're not as bad as I first thought.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #173 of 2,418
DSC08591.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/yanyin-aladdin.25340/reviews#review-26501

Took the entire day walking around the block looking for nice photo opportunity. Photos came out alright.

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #174 of 2,418
Aug 11, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #177 of 2,418
I have a very rare 1 week off of work. Reason why I am able to post more reviews that I have been meaning to post. The GK10 and the Aladdin this year both have been huge surprises for me.

The Aladdin has me thinking just how good their higher end earphones could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back