Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 9, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #151 of 2,418
Haven't listened to the link on my current setup, but will do.

Can't wait to try the Aladdin with Max Richter, Clint Mansell, Jordi Savall... I'm so glad "serviceable" wasn't the final word in the end! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
:heart_eyes: :headphones::guitar:
... and of course the rest of his ambient albums!
Folder.jpg

Aug 9, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #152 of 2,418

Top recommendation! I've listened to this before but not on the Aladdin. Can't wait to get back from work and pop them in.

Aug 9, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #153 of 2,418
Still putting Aladdin through its paces using stock tips. I always end up back with string instruments, which I think is a testament to the timbre and tonality of this set. It has got it in spades.

This was recorded in the open evening air. At the beginning you can hear the sound of a sheep far off in the distance. With an intimate performance by the Kora (Ballake Sissoko) on the right and the cello (Vincent Segal) on the left.
Listen to this one when you're feeling contemplative or just want something full of hope...

Edit: I'm probably talking to myself in this thread, but just want to get my thoughts down in writing. Here is another track. Ganges Delta Blues by Ry Cooder and V.M. Bhatt. Slide guitar and tabla. The strings are awesome, but what really impresses me is the tabla. You can hear exactly how tight/loose the skin on the drum is, where on the surface the musician is tapping and on the deeper hits you can feel every resonant beat.

The DD and the two mid BA drivers are truly a match made in heaven. Honestly, not only am I BA convert now, I am a Yanyin convert.

Folder.jpg
Exactly what I had in mind!

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #155 of 2,418
Anyone compared Alladin /Canon to blessing2 /dusk? As they both got similar config, and both tuning looks very solid.

Aug 10, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #157 of 2,418
Has anyone else graphed it except the manufacturer provided graph?

Aug 10, 2021 at 5:11 AM Post #159 of 2,418
Thanks for this, amazing album :)
You're welcome, I'm not even a solid classics guy. But I do love fantastic production.
Mic settings seem to be a live to record set...

Aug 10, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #160 of 2,418
Just finished reading @ian91 nice review ........ damn .... I can't wait for these blessed Aladdin to arrive at my home (Penon confirmed the shipment to me today, it will take 25 / 30 days for delivery). Thanks @Dsnuts for suggesting this new prodigy, you are a bad person but you know what you're talking about !!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Now I just have to invent something to justify myself to my wife and then I'm fine !!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🙈🙈🙈🙈

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #161 of 2,418
So I have been writing about my experiences with the Aladdin and one aspect about these that I feel stands out besides how well they are tuned. The balancing is world class. They somehow tuned the mid bands to be more dimensional than most earphones I have heard and at this price level is unheard of.

In using two BAs just for mids, I am thinking BAs was off set and over lapped to cover more of the mids somehow and not just horizontally but more vertically for the sound in how each BA is firing. Kinda like how 3D images are made. Two side by side images are off set to give a more stereo or 3D imaging. I could be completely wrong but the imaging for the mids is a clear stand out for these.

They even have a little reader on their box about it.

DSC08549.JPG

These guys are being modest. There is nothing entry level about these. If these are entry level I bet their higher end stuff is unbelievable.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #162 of 2,418
Honestly, at this point the only thing I want is a measured graph of them. @Dsnuts possible to arrange one? Through any of your friends?

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #163 of 2,418
Will see. I do notice your sources will matter on how these sound. I noticed on my laptop which probably has something like 5 ohm or more out. The bass is very neutral and sound becomes thin and bright in presentation. On my players I always play IEMs on the lowest gain and for the Aladdin not really need to go balanced as that doubles the output. Sounds the best to my ears.

10 ohm sensitivity will make these sound lean bright and with lean bass if you got the wrong source. A dedicated player with a very low OI is highly recommended to get the best out of the Aladdin.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #164 of 2,418
In other news, my Aladdin got shipped out today... expecting by 25th.

I will use copper cable, balanced out, and narrow bore tips. Let's hope the bass does not dissatisfy me. UP4 is a warmer source, but M3X is a bit leaner and cleaner...so I Am a bit concerned...

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #165 of 2,418
Bass if fine. In this case I would try out the Aladdin in single ended might be better than using balanced out. Unless your balanced out is very low output impedance. I think most Shanling stuff is low output for earphones so I wouldn't worry so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back