Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 12, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #198 of 2,418
Yeah, channel matching is crazy good too. I am hearing the perfect center imaging and precise instrumental localization.
I don't expect them so sound the same, but I like some of the similarities (lows and mids) here with the Lokahi which you also charted.

It's certainly not perfect but for right now the Lokahi has been my go to, an all rounder. I'm very excited to see similar warmth with some mature slopes, and DD bass... combined with all the other descriptions that have been coming through... I'm pretty confident the Aladdin's will be my keepers, and if not, I'm happy enough with the Lokahi to stop with that instead. Either way I win, whichever I keep. Had a discussion with the wife today, I'm accelerating the "sell everything but one" process as of tonight, no new orders. These showed up at just the right time, I had a feeling from their announcement description and pricing that they may just be what I needed.

I'll pick between analog warmth (Lokahi) or a more refined tuning with proper bass (Aladdin).

They can't come soon enough!

Your photos really show their beauty well, seems like a very happy medium for size and form factor of shells too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 1.43.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 1.43.21 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Aug 12, 2021 at 1:53 AM Post #199 of 2,418
4AD4D5C5-FB6A-49DB-9CDE-7CC88782A23F.jpeg5F8FDE01-75BC-426F-A7EF-4979B2AFE23F.jpeg58A1805D-5EC2-4A66-9567-F9CABB00E0F2.jpeg
Aladdin is in the house!
Dude, @Dsnuts this sounds epic!
Impeccable tonality coupled with a very decent technicalities. Time to write a review.

They are tonally impeccable. Wait until you start hearing more subtleties as things settle. The sound is very organic, especially the bass, which knowing some of your music tastes, will suite perfectly. Everything has room to breathe and be appreciated.

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #200 of 2,418
I hope Penon will eventually carry all their models, very curious about their higher end offerings.

Cus the Aladdin is supposed to be an intro model. Lolz!!

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #201 of 2,418
4AD4D5C5-FB6A-49DB-9CDE-7CC88782A23F.jpeg5F8FDE01-75BC-426F-A7EF-4979B2AFE23F.jpeg58A1805D-5EC2-4A66-9567-F9CABB00E0F2.jpeg
Aladdin is in the house!
Impeccable tonality coupled with a very decent technicalities. Time to write a review.
That graph looks incredible.

How is the fit and isolation?

Aug 12, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #202 of 2,418

58A1805D-5EC2-4A66-9567-F9CABB00E0F2.jpeg
Aladdin is in the house!
Holy mother of graph, amazing !!!
I think this is a similar tuning vs Moondrop Variations, slightly dropping the lower mids,
so it let the vocal to shine,
the downside is with 4 string bass guitar,
the initial pull and release, losing a bit of details,

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #204 of 2,418
Holy mother of graph, amazing !!!
I think this is a similar tuning vs Moondrop Variations, slightly dropping the lower mids,
so it let the vocal to shine,
the downside is with 4 string bass guitar,
the initial pull and release, losing a bit of details,
Do you still have your RSV? Aladdin’s tonality reminds me of the RSV I used to own. A pinna gain on the Aladdin is lot less than Moondrop’s VDSF target response. I will try to find the RSV’s response curve and overlay on top of the Aladdin’s response soon.

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #205 of 2,418
Do you still have your RSV? Aladdin’s tonality reminds me of the RSV I used to own. A pinna gain on the Aladdin is lot less than Moondrop’s VDSF target response. I will try to find the RSV’s response curve and overlay on top of the Aladdin’s response soon.

RSV vs Aladdin is a comparison I hope to see one day! Happy for just the graphs for now though lol.

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #207 of 2,418
double post, *deleted,

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #208 of 2,418
Yes, I do,
it will be an interesting comparison, 👍

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #209 of 2,418
First Impressions

Yesterday I did a rudimentary graphing and got it up and playing through my Iphone and thought, my oh my, what a great sounding IEM!
I listened to record after record and simply blown away with the Aladdin - and it is not even broken in yet.
This to me sounds quite neutral with a tasteful bump in the low end which follows my own target response very closely, meaning I've been trying to EQ all my other IEMS to sound exactly like this with varying degree of success.
Aladdin in short sounds utterly magical, naturally life-like, delicately expressive with a hint of musically induced coloring to not sound dull and lifeless.
If you listen to your music loud, I can't think of anything else that does better than Aladdin right now.
If you listen at low levels the majority of the time, you might be better off with something like the Monarch or the MEST with a bit more bite and edginess.

Keep your eye on this brand: as Dsnuts said I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with the initial listen in my long journey of head-fi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back