Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 12, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #212 of 2,418
Why did I not unwatch this thread? Food and bills are overrated, am I right?

I have a feeling the Tea will be left out in the cold. Make sure you have a nice home lined up for it!

Aug 12, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #214 of 2,418
54D98C08-E75C-4CD2-B93F-7C898B9A4964.jpeg

Will send my unit to @Precogvision after finishing my review. He should be able to kiss Taeyeon with this set.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #216 of 2,418
I couldn't help myself... ordered a pair of Aladdin as well. Dsnuts -- you are officially the Destructor of My Wallet. :rage:

I wonder if it will approach my enjoyment of the EST112... That would be quite the feat. I don't expect it will get close to the Turii though.

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #218 of 2,418
Because of our infant we stayed with friends last night while power was restored.

Returned home to a PACKAGE DROM PENON!

After 20 minutes max of skipping around my library, I am ready to sell all everything else.

I'll be able to give notes from different tracks later. I'm saving them to a playlist as I listen so I can go back to them and describe what each displays.

It really is the best of all the sets I personally love. It seems to work with everything. No getting used to it, no having to bear with any weak spots.

For someone who needs to take a step away from the hobby for at least a year, this was an absolute gift, including the price. I can take a step away now without wondering what the new flavors might be nailing better.

Excellent sub bass? Check.
/Natural/ warmth? Check.
Sufficient detail? Check.
Versatility? Check.
Powers MORE than fine from my cell phone? Check.
Comfortable shell body and nozzle? Check.
Bite but no sibilance? Check.
Natural strings and vocals? Check.
Impact to percussion? Check.
Natural and convincing siundstage? Check.

Still listening. Still very happy. This is literally what I would have tailored to myself and my hearing so that I could be done with buying and comparing.

If it were possible for someone to out all of my requests into a custom IEM, and match exactly what I had in mind, I would expect a bill of $400/500+. And I'd be tempted to pay it just to be done. Yanyin read my mind/heard my prayers and pulled it all together for an unbelievable price.

I honestly can't think what could be improved. If anyone has my taste, there's nowhere that needs to be gone from here.

*Pardon me while I add another track to the YanYin Exceptional playlist I'm making. Tom Waits - In The Colosseum this time.*

Did I mention textured bass at the perfect levels for kick drum etc.?

It should be clear that I'm a listener on a tight budget who has pushed that at times (thanks to the second hand market) and who iber the last two years has listened to a LOT of IEMs, maybe I can make a list when I write the review. Because even if it's my first one ever, I'm writing a review for these.

Anyway I got sidetracked. Just wanted to say I clearly have not even a remote chance of being on a paycheck here. This is the honest response from a layman.

Even sets I've been clearly enthusiastic about (NM2+, Lokahi) took a little time to get into, probably adjusting to unusual peaks or learning to ignore flaws.

I am getting sheer pleasure from so far all of my tracks in shuffle atm.

Walking around holding a baby for this write up. Was meant to be a couple of sentences, can't hold it back. Maybe I can get something specific and organized typed up over the next few days.

*Radiohead - Electioneering and Buck 65 - Riverbed Part 6 just added to the playlist. Now Elliott Smith - Speed Trials just came on and there are already reasons I could add that. It bring our exceptional qualities I just about everything.*

Parting note - didn't remember the cable being called out yet. I actually really like it, more than happy to keep it and use it. Double strand that splits at the Y splitter into two single strands. Light weight, beautiful pearlescent silver, supple. No need to replace.

Cory Wong - Prayer just came on. I could use it as an example track. Seriously I could probably use anything as an example track. This is insane. Bye for now!

Edit: King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind just came on. I wouldn't say I'm that familiar with this song, but sweet Lord, ears full of joy. I'll call out certain things from this track too.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #220 of 2,418
Because of our infant we stayed with friends last night while power was restored.

After 20 minutes max of skipping around my library, I am ready to sell all everything else.

I'll be able to give notes from different tracks later. I'm saving them to a playlist as I listen so I can go back to them and describe what each displays.

It really is the best of all the sets I personally love. It seems to work with everything. No getting used to it, no having to bear with any weak spots.

For someone who needs to take a step away from the hobby for at least a year, this was an absolute gift, including the price. I can take a step away now without wondering what the new flavors might be nailing better.

/Natural/ warmth? Check.
Versatility? Check.

Still listening. Still very happy. This is literally what I would have tailored to myself and my hearing so that I could be done with buying and comparing.

If it were possible for someone to out all of my requests into a custom IEM, and match exactly what I had in mind, I would expect a bill of $400/500+. And I'd be tempted to pay it just to be done. Yanyin read my mind/heard my prayers and pulled it all together for an unbelievable price.

I honestly can't think what could be improved. If anyone has my taste, there's nowhere that needs to be gone from here.

*Pardon me while I add another track to the YanYin Exceptional playlist I'm making. Tom Waits - In The Colosseum this time.*

It should be clear that I'm a listener on a tight budget who has pushed that at times (thanks to the second hand market) and who iber the last two years has listened to a LOT of IEMs, maybe I can make a list when I write the review. Because even if it's my first one ever, I'm writing a review for these.

Anyway I got sidetracked. Just wanted to say I clearly have not even a remote chance of being on a paycheck here. This is the honest response from a layman.

Even sets I've been clearly enthusiastic about (NM2+, Lokahi) took a little time to get into, probably adjusting to unusual peaks or learning to ignore flaws.

Walking around holding a baby for this write up. Was meant to be a couple of sentences, can't hold it back. Maybe I can get something specific and organized typed up over the next few days.

*Radiohead - Electioneering and Buck 65 - Riverbed Part 6 just added to the playlist. Now Elliott Smith - Speed Trials just came on and there are already reasons I could add that. It bring our exceptional qualities I just about everything.*

Parting note - didn't remember the cable being called out yet. I actually really like it, more than happy to keep it and use it. Double strand that splits at the Y splitter into two single strands. Light weight, beautiful pearlescent silver, supple. No need to replace.

Cory Wong - Prayer just came on. I could use it as an example track. Seriously I could probably use anything as an example track. This is insane. Bye for now!

Very happy for you. I know how much you've been strugling, glad to see you finalizing the trip for now :) Enjoy!

Everyday I want this set more and more >_>

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #221 of 2,418
Very happy for you. I know how much you've been strugling, glad to see you finalizing the trip for now :) Enjoy!

Everyday I want this set more and more >_>
Pull the plug already...then we'll have 2 iems in common!

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #223 of 2,418

/Natural/ warmth? Check.
Versatility? Check.

Edit: King Crimson - I Talk To The Wind just came on. I wouldn't say I'm that familiar with this song, but sweet Lord, ears full of joy. I'll call out certain things from this track too.
Awesome! It looks like you've been searching for the right IEM for a while and I'm glad to see you found it. That's gotta be a great feeling.

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #224 of 2,418

/Natural/ warmth? Check.
Versatility? Check.

I misread the line in the edit as "tears full of joy" :joy: That would have been perfectly understandable though

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #225 of 2,418
54D98C08-E75C-4CD2-B93F-7C898B9A4964.jpeg

Will send my unit to @Precogvision after finishing my review. He should be able to kiss Taeyeon with this set.
But the big question for me is how you rate the Aladdin’s timbre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back