Yamaha EPH-100
Aug 28, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #4,366 of 4,690
Hallo.
I'm looking to replace my broken atrio mg7 (really liked them and even if the mids were a bit recessed it was good enough for me) and I can't decide between the JVC HA-FXT90 and these.
So, how are these for female vocals? I'm leaning towards the yamahas because of the bass but vocals are important as well.
I listen mostly to anime garbage and edm.

Mate, don't even consider the FXT90s.

I have both and the FXT90s don't even hold a candle to the EPH100. Less refinement, highs can be harsh, fit can also be a problem, plastic construction.

Vocal sound great on the EPH100, just read some of the reviews to get a taster of how the Yams sound.

Aug 28, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #4,367 of 4,690
Well these were $90 after tax on Amazon. Some reason they charge tax in NC

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #4,368 of 4,690
Mate, don't even consider the FXT90s.

I have both and the FXT90s don't even hold a candle to the EPH100. Less refinement, highs can be harsh, fit can also be a problem, plastic construction.

Vocal sound great on the EPH100, just read some of the reviews to get a taster of how the Yams sound.

+1

Yams hands down

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #4,369 of 4,690
If you listen to edm then the yamahas are fantastic. As far as female vocals go, they are good. not great but good. overall though these iems are great. the reason i say the vocals aren't great is because there is a little bit of a lack of sparkly texture to the vocals. but again you would probably have to get something much more expensive to get better vocals out of a warm sound signature. in all actuality the vocals are really great, but i know people are picky here and i have heard more engaging vocals on iems before, but that was typically with a more upper mid/trebble forward iem. as far as warmer sounding phones go, these are top notch.  i haven't found anything that i like more. Im wanting to try the dunu dn1000 as I've heard good things. but as far as the yamaha go you really can't go wrong. i can't imagine anyone being disappointed with them unless you are used to really really high end iems like the shure se846 or something. and I've been told that the yamaha gets you 85% there as far as sound goes. This is all if you are looking for a very dynamic and warm sound. Another option may be the sony xba 3. put it this way... i have stopped searching for iems once i finally listened to all the reviews and purchased a pair for myself. and i like them so much that i purchased a second pair that is sitting in my desk in case my current pair breaks or gets lost. thats how much i like them. and by the way I'm a signed trance producer so i am familiar with good sound. the only thing i would consider upgrading to is the dunu dn1000 or dn2000 or the shures i mentioned. and thats only because i am interested in the multiple balanced armature setups. i can't speak for your other option since I've never heard them but you really wouldn't be wrong to get the yamaha. they are tried and tested. also they seem to be durable. I've had mine for a year and they stay in my pocket without a case EVERY day ALL day and i haven't had any issues. hope you find what you are looking for.

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #4,370 of 4,690
  If you listen to edm then the yamahas are fantastic. As far as female vocals go, they are good. not great but good. overall though these iems are great. the reason i say the vocals aren't great is because there is a little bit of a lack of sparkly texture to the vocals. but again you would probably have to get something much more expensive to get better vocals out of a warm sound signature. in all actuality the vocals are really great, but i know people are picky here and i have heard more engaging vocals on iems before, but that was typically with a more upper mid/trebble forward iem. as far as warmer sounding phones go, these are top notch.  i haven't found anything that i like more. Im wanting to try the dunu dn1000 as I've heard good things. but as far as the yamaha go you really can't go wrong. i can't imagine anyone being disappointed with them unless you are used to really really high end iems like the shure se846 or something. and I've been told that the yamaha gets you 85% there as far as sound goes. This is all if you are looking for a very dynamic and warm sound. Another option may be the sony xba 3. put it this way... i have stopped searching for iems once i finally listened to all the reviews and purchased a pair for myself. and i like them so much that i purchased a second pair that is sitting in my desk in case my current pair breaks or gets lost. thats how much i like them. and by the way I'm a signed trance producer so i am familiar with good sound. the only thing i would consider upgrading to is the dunu dn1000 or dn2000 or the shures i mentioned. and thats only because i am interested in the multiple balanced armature setups. i can't speak for your other option since I've never heard them but you really wouldn't be wrong to get the yamaha. they are tried and tested. also they seem to be durable. I've had mine for a year and they stay in my pocket without a case EVERY day ALL day and i haven't had any issues. hope you find what you are looking for.

i would like to hear some of you're music. i am a huge edm fan i like trace vocals progessive house vocal. i have the dunu dn1000 and trying out the eph 100

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #4,371 of 4,690

my music is on spotify, iTunes, etc. My artist name is Avail, and my last EP was called "The Awakening." thanks for checking it out. that release is from about 18 months ago. i have some new stuff that will be coming out soon and I'm a much better producer now so keep an eye out...

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #4,374 of 4,690
btw try get you're name on proximity and nocopyrightsounds :)

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #4,375 of 4,690
  havent got my yams yet there still coming. but i will check it out soon

definitely post back after you get some time with them. from what i hear its definitely going to be quite a different signature than the dunu. at first the yams can sound a bit veiled since they are a warm signature. but once you give them a few minutes and listen to some tracks you know well, you sill see that there is a ton of detail in them and the soundstage is great. its kind of a horizontal soundstage. a lot of iems the high frequencies sound like they are up high like at the top of your head and the lows sound like they are on the bottom. but there is none of the with the yams. they sound even from top to bottom but super wide. its definitely awesome for edm. i just know i went from the RBH EP2 to the yams and when i first put them in my ears i was like What its veiled. but its not at all. its just a darker signature and different sound stage, where my EP2s had much brighter upper miss and treble. the details are still all there though. you will like them. I've just heard that the dunu has a much brighter treble and upper mids as well. but if you listen to edm and trance then I'm very interested to hear which you think is better between the two. 

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #4,376 of 4,690

definitely post back after you get some time with them. from what i hear its definitely going to be quite a different signature than the dunu. at first the yams can sound a bit veiled since they are a warm signature. but once you give them a few minutes and listen to some tracks you know well, you sill see that there is a ton of detail in them and the soundstage is great. its kind of a horizontal soundstage. a lot of iems the high frequencies sound like they are up high like at the top of your head and the lows sound like they are on the bottom. but there is none of the with the yams. they sound even from top to bottom but super wide. its definitely awesome for edm. i just know i went from the RBH EP2 to the yams and when i first put them in my ears i was like What its veiled. but its not at all. its just a darker signature and different sound stage, where my EP2s had much brighter upper miss and treble. the details are still all there though. you will like them. I've just heard that the dunu has a much brighter treble and upper mids as well. but if you listen to edm and trance then I'm very interested to hear which you think is better between the two. 

i can tell you that the dunu has very good subbass. they are also made for edm type music. I am not so good with reviewing and telling from high and low but i try my best and tell you the difference

Sep 1, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #4,378 of 4,690
Hey, I've been trying to decide between the MA750s and the EPH100s and I'm leaning towards the EPH100s. I've read they have trouble with moisture? Is this a common problem? And would anyone recommend the MA750s over the EPH100s? 

Sep 1, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #4,379 of 4,690
Hey, I've been trying to decide between the MA750s and the EPH100s and I'm leaning towards the EPH100s. I've read they have trouble with moisture? Is this a common problem? And would anyone recommend the MA750s over the EPH100s? 

I've had 2 pairs for over a year both, and no problem with moisture whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back