Yamaha EPH-100
May 26, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #4,683 of 4,690
So did anyone ever manage to disassemble these? I had mine for all of 6 hours before my cat chewed the cable and broke them.

They've been sitting in my drawer for years but I'd like to recable if possible.

May 27, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #4,684 of 4,690
So did anyone ever manage to disassemble these? I had mine for all of 6 hours before my cat chewed the cable and broke them.

They've been sitting in my drawer for years but I'd like to recable if possible.

Last time I checked they were still for sale on Amazon in my country.

Not sure about yours but worth checking?

May 27, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #4,685 of 4,690
Last time I checked they were still for sale on Amazon in my country.

Not sure about yours but worth checking?

Not for sale here sadly, I'd have to import from Japan most likely.

I have been looking at the shell trying to get them open but they are solid, there is a strange clip on the underside of the earphone, I have been trying to push it and pull it to try and release them but no luck. It's such a shame because all they need is a re-cable.

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #4,686 of 4,690

I had the same issue, the cat chewed the cable. Looked so smug too. I took it to an electronics repair shop and the guy had heaps of trouble attaching the cables back together, he ended up doing a Frankenstein with a weird plug. Looks ugly, but it works. The Yamaha cable is oily it waxy or something.

May 28, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #4,687 of 4,690
I had the same issue, the cat chewed the cable. Looked so smug too. I took it to an electronics repair shop and the guy had heaps of trouble attaching the cables back together, he ended up doing a Frankenstein with a weird plug. Looks ugly, but it works. The Yamaha cable is oily it waxy or something.

Mine are chewed in multiple places so really need a new cable, I can't get these things apart to save my life though. Not sure if they are glued or what. I see that the shiny nozzle looks as if it should pull out from the back of the shell but it just doesn't budge.

May 30, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #4,688 of 4,690
Nov 16, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #4,690 of 4,690
Anyone fixed a broken cable on these? My cat chewed through it and I took it to some electronics handyman and I could tell he had trouble with it (he even said it was a hard job) and now they died again, so I want to know how to do it properly. Something about the wires makes them hard to solder together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back