Yamaha EPH-100
Sep 1, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4,381 of 4,690
Mmm I see. Which site did you order from? I've been reading this thread and have seen a lot of users having trouble with counterfeits. I'm assuming the buds from Amazon are trust worthy.

Don't know about Amazon, since there's lots of different sellers on there. I bought mine both times from Audio affair UK. They are the only authorised Yamaha retailer I know of, and they ship internationally too.

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #4,382 of 4,690
  Mmm I see. Which site did you order from? I've been reading this thread and have seen a lot of users having trouble with counterfeits. I'm assuming the buds from Amazon are trust worthy.

i bought my from amazon.com llc and seems to be legit

Sep 1, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #4,383 of 4,690
So i listen to my eph 100 for couple hours now still haven't fully burn in yet. not so good at describing but i give it a shot

Dunu dn 1k

noticeable subbass

clarity is better

vocal seems more foward while the eph 100 seems more back

wow factor

details are better

dont need to turn the volume up much while i have to turn the volume on the eph to 25% on my fiio while the dunu can be good 18-20%

Eph 100

The vocal seems more back

More bass then the dn1k

i guess you can say the eph 100 is more fun then dunu

isolation is better

cant put my hands on it but seems kinda dark

i give you some more after i listen to it more so far the eph 100 is good

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #4,384 of 4,690
After listening to more clarity got better but still prefer the dn1k over the eph100

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #4,385 of 4,690
I bought mines from some Lightinthebox and they were fake. I started to worry after hearing them, they sounded like junk ! I got my money back (minus shipping), I had non proper answers from them. I informed Yamaha Europe but recieved no feed back from them.
I saw a tones of these on ebay and alibaba. So be informed !
Just a tip, Chinese fail at spelling french : on the fake one it's written : "Qualite de concert" and "Qualité de concert" on the real ones.

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #4,386 of 4,690
I bought mines from some Lightinthebox and they were fake. I started to worry after hearing them, they sounded like junk ! I got my money back (minus shipping), I had non proper answers from them. I informed Yamaha Europe but recieved no feed back from them.
I saw a tones of these on ebay and alibaba. So be informed !
Just a tip, Chinese fail at spelling french : on the fake one it's written : "Qualite de concert" and "Qualité de concert" on the real ones.

Also the quality of the cut-outs in the foam. The originals are nicely cut to fit closely to the form of the earphones, the fakes are just rough square cut-outs.

This site highlights all the differences:

http://konovalof.ru/yamaha-eph-100-original-vs-fake/

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #4,387 of 4,690
... that's the one I used after doubts appeared.
Even the chinese government it's taking the issue seriously as it ruins chinese businesses' reputation.

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4,388 of 4,690
Hey guys, this eph-100 sells for 45 usd on the website. The pricing is a bit dubious. Could this be another counterfeit? 

http://www.miniinthebox.com/yamaha-eph-100-hifi-3-5mm-headphone-plug-stylish-metal-carrying-over-the-ear-headphones-gaming-for-iphone-6-6plus_p2630629.html

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #4,389 of 4,690
  Hey guys, this eph-100 sells for 45 usd on the website. The pricing is a bit dubious. Could this be another counterfeit? 

http://www.miniinthebox.com/yamaha-eph-100-hifi-3-5mm-headphone-plug-stylish-metal-carrying-over-the-ear-headphones-gaming-for-iphone-6-6plus_p2630629.html

What looks like a good deal now could be a headache in the future if they turn out to be counterfeit. I noticed that there are no english reviews. I would stay away.

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #4,390 of 4,690

This is the exact same one I purchased and at the same ****ty store... IT'S A FAKE !! I got my money back minus the shipping fees...

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #4,391 of 4,690
I've put my pair up for sale if anyone is interested. Don't really want to sell them but I've committed to another purchase and the only way I can justify it is to sell stuff

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #4,392 of 4,690

Definite counterfeit, far too cheap, they would be losing a bunch of money on each pair sold at that price if they were genuine.

Sep 22, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #4,393 of 4,690
  This is the exact same one I purchased and at the same ****ty store... IT'S A FAKE !! I got my money back minus the shipping fees...

Sorry to hear that but thanks for the feedback.

Definite counterfeit, far too cheap, they would be losing a bunch of money on each pair sold at that price if they were genuine.

That's what I though too.

Sep 22, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #4,394 of 4,690
The only reason I'd buy them that cheap is if I only wanted the tips, and anyways the EPH have sound that punches way above the $90 mark imo

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #4,395 of 4,690
Sorry to hear some of you have been caught out by fakes. The fact of the matter is, if the price looks too good to be true, it probably is! We used to sell EPH100 for £99.95 and now sell them for £69.95 which is a 30% discount off our original price. Anyone selling much below this is very likely to be selling fakes for the following reasons:

1) We are the only UK retailer authorised to sell these by Yamaha (they only supply them to us from 2013 onward)
2) To sell much less they couldnt make any profit margin if they were direct from Yamaha (as our stocks are) so its a good sign they are fakes

I've seen some examples around £40-50 and these are all probably fakes. One customer said to me the other day - why risk wasting £40-50 completely on a sub standard (potentially dangerous to hearing) and poor quality product (which is a fake) when for slightly more money you are making a sound investment in listening by purchasing any official pair from Audio Affair for £69.95. And you have benefit of full 2 year warranty if you buy from us (if they turn out faulty within this time, you return them, we inspect and if faulty, we usually replace them directly for a brand new set)

We have very good stocks currently, we ship worldwide (at very low rates) and we can ship same day if you order before 2pm
smily_headphones1.gif

You can order official pairs direct from our website at http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back