Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Oct 7, 2009 at 12:34 PM Post #601 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know why the volume drops when you EQ the fuze from flat?

I kind of remember reading the answer from Sandisk forum. When EQing, the firmware will automatic reduce the total volume to reserve enough headroom to maintain a good SNR. It basically means the step is taken to reduce the distortion coming from EQ. For example, if you use the bass boost EQ on iPod, bassy music will tend to sound distorted with cracking sound, but the same song on Fuze bass boost EQ will be just fine (actually tried myself).

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #602 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kind of remember reading the answer from Sandisk forum. When EQing, the firmware will automatic reduce the total volume to reserve enough headroom to maintain a good SNR. It basically means the step is taken to reduce the distortion coming from EQ. For example, if you use the bass boost EQ on iPod, bassy music will tend to sound distorted with cracking sound, but the same song on Fuze bass boost EQ will be just fine (actually tried myself).

You're a star, thanks.

That makes a lot of sense if clipping could be an issue.

1 more question.
icon10.gif
All of my album art is displayed properly on my fuze and sony X but when scrolling through albums on the fuze, only the art on the sd card is displayed. When an album is playing the art is displayed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

N.
beerchug.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #603 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neeley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 more question.
icon10.gif
All of my album art is displayed properly on my fuze and sony X but when scrolling through albums on the fuze, only the art on the sd card is displayed. When an album is playing the art is displayed.:

Could be the album art resolution. Sometime if the first song of the album has multiple size album art in the ID3 tag, Fuze won't be able to pick the current size to display so it just left it blank. You can try using MP3tag to check the album art and make sure there is only one of them.

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #605 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowsharing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone come across an affordable (say, under $10 shipped) leather case? Would a case for any other Sansa model fit the Fuze?

From a quick Google search:

Artificial leather case with flap
"Leather-like" case without flap (and with additional accessories)

For a true leather case, the cheapest I could find was this i-nique one for $25.

And no, a case designed for a different Sansa model will not fit the Fuze.

Oct 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #608 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by nowsharing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone come across an affordable (say, under $10 shipped) leather case? Would a case for any other Sansa model fit the Fuze?

My Fuze case: Thin, strong, fold-able, and transparent, but not leather.
evil_smiley.gif

Works great, inexpensive, disposable, splash-proof as is and if you use 2 of them, waterproof.

Photos taken at the beach. Also kept money dry.
wink_face.gif

USG

I only use the factory buds near water

orig.jpg

tape over dock area (and card area)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #609 of 767
Bought two Fuzes today as Christmas presents for my mother and father
smily_headphones1.gif

snapshot.jpg

€40 for the 8 GB and €30 for the 4 GB, which I was very pleased with.

Roadtesting one of them right now, since the box was damaged and I managed to fish it out!

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #610 of 767
Regarding Fuze Album Art: I embedded the resized album art in the songtags using Mp3tag and RIOT to resample cover art.

Max resolution for album covers was 240 X 240.
Oddly,not all of the art shows up in the Music\Albums list but most of it is there and every song displays album art while playing.

All the album art found its own home in the Photos folder as well after rewriting the tags.

Thanks for the case links!

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #611 of 767
Nov 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #612 of 767
Been enjoying this player with rockbox and I'm surprised not much discussion is occurring about how great it is with the rockbox firmware. Even though it's tagged as unstable, it's pretty much close to the finished product because the problems are rare and fixable by just rebooting. Overall even the SQ seems to improve

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #613 of 767
Just to share, here are some photos of my sansa fuze(8gb + 16gb), with leather casing(SGD $16) and silicon case(SGD $6). Got them from a local dealer in Singapore. Customised a screen protector for the fuze too
tongue_smile.gif

Here is a link: sansa fuze
The leather case is similar to the one posted above: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029SSB3E
Some Images:
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

By the way, just a question.
Did any of you using the fuze with 16gb microSD card ??
Have been using for quite some time(5 months~) and it seems that it is quite pressuring for the fuze when it load the songs(16gb-) haha..

Here is it with my rig =X
Sansa Fuze(8gb + 16gb) -> Custom LOD(w caps) -> RSA Predator Amp/DAC -> Sleek SA6 Wireless/wired.
IMG_0293-1.jpg

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #614 of 767
Well, after listening to one several months ago, I broke down and bought a 4GB blue version. Unfortunately, it is version 2 which cannot be rockboxed, but the Fuze is excellent. I miss AAC, gapless, and good battery life, but I am impressed by its ability to drive balanced armature earphones. The hiss is only slightly annoying, but the overall softer presentation (compared to iPod touch 2G), is very good for slower music.

Love it. Cannot wait for Rockbox.

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #615 of 767
Wow, you hear hiss with the Fuze. I feel for you.

What headphones are you hearing hiss with? I don't hear any with the any of my IEMs, but I know there are more sensitive IEMs out there than what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back