Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #617 of 767
Wow, you are really sensitive to hiss. I can't say I hear any on mine, or at least not enough to alert me in anyway.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #619 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, again, I am quite sensitive to hiss. It doesn't hiss like some other portables, but certainly more than the touch 2G. Still, it is minimally offensive while music is playing. Overall, I am colouredly impressed!

Do you hear hiss straight out of the Fuze, or with an amp?

Are you using any EQ?

USG

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #621 of 767
Quote:

I hear hiss from the Fuze with or without EQ. Of course, if the amp hisses loudly enough, I will hear the hiss from the amp. Other than the hiss and poor EQ, the Fuze is quite the machine.

IC.
biggrin.gif

How does the amp effect the hiss?

USG

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #622 of 767
my fuze has hiss too!

But that is not what bothers me. What bothers me is the 3 hours playback time I get from playing FLAC Level 8 Encoded files! Anyone else have similar performance with FLACs?

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #623 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda-R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my fuze has hiss too!

But that is not what bothers me. What bothers me is the 3 hours playback time I get from playing FLAC Level 8 Encoded files! Anyone else have similar performance with FLACs?

The question really is, can you tell the difference between 320mp3 and the very processor intensive FLAC 8 when you're out and about?

If you're listening while working at a computer, why not plug the Fuze to the computer so it will play and charge at the same time?

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #624 of 767
Well, the hiss on the Fuze is lower than my amp: Rx, so the hiss I hear when driving headphones from the Fuze and Rx is all from the Rx. If it was the AMP3 we were talking about... even that loud players hiss is reduced to Rx levels when using an outboard amp and volume set very high.

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #625 of 767
Quote:

Well, the hiss on the Fuze is lower than my amp: Rx, so the hiss I hear when driving headphones from the Fuze and Rx is all from the Rx. If it was the AMP3 we were talking about... even that loud players hiss is reduced to Rx levels when using an outboard amp and volume set very high.

Which of your ear buds is producing the hiss, or is it from a headphone?
normal_smile .gif

USG

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #626 of 767
I've never heard any hiss, not sure where you guys are getting it from.
I have never used the EQ therefore don't know about the hiss with that, what amps are you people getting it from.

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #629 of 767
I don't use it with anything but earphones. I can hear hiss from FitEar 333, CK100, UM3x and the list goes on. Even the 55 ohm CT6 reveals hiss, but it is very minimal. I would put the Fuze and Cowon D2 on similar grounds with the D2 edging ahead, but only barely.

As I said, all daps hiss, but the Fuze is much better than: Sony (anything except 639), Meizu anything, old iRivers, AMP3, iPod shuffle (any generation), iPod nano 1G. Overall I like it very much and think it a genius player. But, I am awaiting rockbox.

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #630 of 767
Quote:

I don't use it with anything but earphones. I can hear hiss from FitEar 333, CK100, UM3x and the list goes on. Even the 55 ohm CT6 reveals hiss, but it is very minimal. I would put the Fuze and Cowon D2 on similar grounds with the D2 edging ahead, but only barely.

As I said, all daps hiss, but the Fuze is much better than: Sony (anything except 639), Meizu anything, old iRivers, AMP3, iPod shuffle (any generation), iPod nano 1G. Overall I like it very much and think it a genius player. But, I am awaiting rockbox.

Really? I find the Cowon D2 a whole different beast, focuses perhaps more on the technical playback of audio. The Fuze overall comes accross more 'musical' and ear pleasing, the D2's BBE technology can't really contribute to this department.
Overall I'd give the edge to the Fuze, for really bringing out the musica.
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back