Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Jan 9, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #631 of 767
The D2 isn't really technical. It pushes a natural rise in the treble area making it sound more technical. But it sounds drier. The Fuze puts out much better detail in the low and middle with low ohm earphones. I put it an order above the D2 for clarity of music whereas the D2 is good for driving external sources.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #632 of 767
yes even i notice hiss on my fuze but,it is far less comapred to a828 or i7,almost non existing.

gideonMorrison,have u heard i7? does it sound similar to d2.I really liked i7 after fuze,but it hisses ever more than nwz828.I need something to replace my a828.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #633 of 767
I recently got a friend to help purchase one of the refurbs that were on sale at Tigerdirect. Hopefully it will end up being a v1 so I can try rockbox. I've had the D2 and Clip and personally I prefer the sound of the Clip. Although it may not sound as detailed, it just seems more natural and easier to listen to.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #634 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by asrphani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes even i notice hiss on my fuze but,it is far less comapred to a828 or i7,almost non existing.

gideonMorrison,have u heard i7? does it sound similar to d2.I really liked i7 after fuze,but it hisses ever more than nwz828.I need something to replace my a828.

I've read that the i7 is very very similar to the D2, with the edge going to the D2. I also find, like Miyazaki, the Fuze/Clip easier to listen to, more musical. Rather than the sound of the D2, what Shizgeo explained above, which lacks in clarity and has a more 'dry' sound.
I do find the Fuze/ Clip quite detailed and hooking it up to a good LOD + amp makes it a dream come true, for a relatively low price!

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #635 of 767
I wonder if there is difference (real difference, not anecdotal difference or similarity) between the v1 and v2. If not, I'll be happy to trade for a v1! It certainly does well (not perfect, but about 70% performance when driving balanced armature earphones) versus the iPod touch at about 50%.

Jan 10, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #636 of 767
I love my (4GB) Fuze. I have it paired up with a FiiO E5 sending tunes to my Sennheiser HD 428s. Can't say I've hard even the littlest bit of hiss. Looking into a 16GB microSDHC card, and a pair of ER4s. Once I get 'em, I'll be sittin' pretty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if there is difference (real difference, not anecdotal difference or similarity) between the v1 and v2.

click me

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #640 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
j. poc - if you heard hiss with the 428, people would be complaining left and right about hiss. you should only hear it with sensitive iems.

Oh, ok. Thank you. I just wasn't sure if it was an issue with various combos of cans/amps, etc.

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #641 of 767
i just got and LOD with the fuze... maybe its just me but it changed the soung signature drastically from when i used the headphone out to my t3.... it sounds harsh and is quite fatiguing

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #642 of 767
Which LOD did you get?  There are (or should be) capacitors in the signal path that make a huge difference in the sound quality you will hear.  I have seen some new LODs pop up for low prices that either don't mention capacitors at all or that they use "military grade" capacitors.

Try burning the LOD in for a while and see if the sound improves.

Jul 13, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #643 of 767

Quote:
i just got and LOD with the fuze... maybe its just me but it changed the soung signature drastically from when i used the headphone out to my t3.... it sounds harsh and is quite fatiguing

A bad dock with missing components or a short, could also burn out your Fuze.  My advice is not to use it.

A Fuze is all digital, (unlike an ipod), so there is really no need for a dock unless you're looking for a stand to hold the Fuze on your desk. (see below)  The headphone out at 100% is equal to the line out signal and has no capacitors, resistors, extra wire or soldier joints between you and the signal.  I've also found that the un-amped signal is the cleanest, so I don't use an amp with my Yuen PK2s.

Take a good look at the stats for the chip inside the Fuze.  The only difference you're going to hear between line out and headphone out is most probably imaginary....

Keep in mind that there will always be someone claiming "huge differences" who is willing to take your money........

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #644 of 767
Not again
triportsad.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #645 of 767
Having control over the final output level can actually be preferable, as one has control over the signal. No more overdrive / underdrive issues when connected to a dock with internal amplifier, or passing the signal to a home stereo, or an FM modulator.

I prefer the Sansa Volume Control Wheel duties to be moved via a LOD.

In my small stable the Fuze provides me with the best sound in a convenient package.

It's long from the HP jack to the tip of the LOD but I don't mind.

The Sansa LOD I have also works with my iPods.

The Pico Slim Amplifier case is the epitome of what an included case should be too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back