WORST headphone you ever heard?
May 13, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #736 of 1,786
My nephew has a pair of rastafarian looking Skullcandy's...they were horrible. Muddy mids, No bass impact or extension. No highs. Just a brick wall of bad sound. I don't remember ever hearing worse. What's really sad is that my nephew claimed that he could hear no difference between those and my D2000's. I guess it could be a good thing... he won't have to worry about getting bitten by the audio bug and spending too much on gear.

I never understood why people liked the skullcandy 1.0 sound.

Weak bass that gets you nowhere, recessed mids, terrible all around. And they were weak on sound volume too. 100% barely feels like 60%.

I wasn't even introduced to the world of audio yet but I always preffered Apple earbuds even though they break 2 weeks later

Skullcandy is the opposite of what kids want, but it's THERE. As in you will never see a Sennheiser headphone at a Walmart but skullcandy earbuds are in every corner

May 19, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #737 of 1,786
Quote:

I haven't used the J$ pads on my pro900. 

But they are no longer manufactured right? 

its actually a jmoney denon pad that has been glued onto the plastic ring base of the spare set of velor pads ( tat comes with the pro900.)

May 19, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #742 of 1,786
The worst headphones I've ever heard was a pair of JVC earbuds that were 7 bucks. My Shure E2c broke, so I get these as an emergency pair to get me by until my newly ordered Shure E3c arrived. Tinniest things I've ever heard. You had to really crank the volume to hear anything, and even then it was hard to make out anything. I never really used them. I was so glad when the Shure's finally showed up!

May 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #743 of 1,786
Skullcandy Skullcrushers

Got them for Christmas over six years ago and bought Audio-Technicas not long after. The vibrating effect was only entertaining for a while, then they grew old and I heard what I was missing out on with phones that could produce bass without the use of a "mini subwoofer."

May 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #746 of 1,786
Quote:
I'm still standing by the HF2 as the worst headphone ever.
is that hf2 as in etyomics??.not being rude..I get that you like your bass I take it..and that's fine really each there own rite..but really? The worst.??wow never thought I'd hear that product in this thread..but I respect your opinion..wow really?? Lol

Or is it the Grado HF2?

May 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #747 of 1,786
Or is it the Grado HF2?
I haven't heard the grados but I've read alot about them and lots of people love them to just like the etys..I can see someone not liking the etys cause they are pretty flat or close and the bass isn't rattling your head to pieces lol but the worst someone has heard..wow..but like I said each there own.:)

May 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #748 of 1,786
I haven't heard the grados but I've read alot about them and lots of people love them to just like the etys..I can see someone not liking the etys cause they are pretty flat or close and the bass isn't rattling your head to pieces lol but the worst someone has heard..wow..but like I said each there own.:)
I'm sorry I was thinking about the 325s not the hf2.. My bad.lol but still can't imagine any grados being the worst ever.!!

May 31, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #749 of 1,786
Yes It is the Etymotic HF2 (I'm one of the only people not taking a cheap shot by using Beats, Skullcandy or airplane headphones.) Shrill, tinny and absolutely no dynamics. none. I might not have put them in correctly, or maybe the pair my friend got was defective. He didn't like them either. 

May 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #750 of 1,786

Users who are viewing this thread

Back