WORST headphone you ever heard?
Aug 9, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #256 of 1,786
Worst I've heard: Some airplane ********. Sounded broken...
Headphones that sucked bad by surprise: Sony XB1000. Poor bass extension and very thin mids.
Worst I've heard that I can remember the name of: Skullcandy Titan. Very muddy bass overpowers the mids, highs were screechy and extension was a joke.
Most overpriced? Ultrasone ED10. IMO a crap headphone. Awful treble. The rest was alright but that treble just made my ears cry. Also build quality/looks nothing special. I think they look really dull and they feel cheap with the light weight and not-so-luxurious-at-all pads. Wouldnt pay $50 for them.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #257 of 1,786
sorry to necro, but honestly, the worst i have heard were the walkman earbuds. The had NO comfort, NO isolation, and NOT ONE BIT of pleasurable sound. just a sibilant mess.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #258 of 1,786
sorry to necro, but honestly, the worst i have heard were the walkman earbuds. The had NO comfort, NO isolation, and NOT ONE BIT of pleasurable sound. just a sibilant mess.

Can't be worse than the iBuds.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #260 of 1,786
With the price in mind, the Ultrasone Edition 8 for about $1700, is the worst I've ever encountered. Idk if they where totally fresh out of the box or what the hell was wrong, but a pair of Koss Porta Pro sounds way nicer from my iPhone 4S.

The worst ever are probably a pair of Jack n Jones (Scandinavian men's wear) give away headphones. They where over ears, but sounded as if you would just place a pair of in ears inside of a pair of Peltor sound stopping earprotectors.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #262 of 1,786
Quote:
With the price in mind, the Ultrasone Edition 8 for about $1700, is the worst I've ever encountered. Idk if they where totally fresh out of the box or what the hell was wrong, but a pair of Koss Porta Pro sounds way nicer from my iPhone 4S.
The worst ever are probably a pair of Jack n Jones (Scandinavian men's wear) give away headphones. They where over ears, but sounded as if you would just place a pair of in ears inside of a pair of Peltor sound stopping earprotectors.

If I read this post two months ago I'd be like 'whats he on about.' 
But I understand after hearing a demo ultrasone ed8 and comparing it to mine- the difference was night and day in favour to my one. This manufacturer has some serious QC issues needing to be dealt with.

Actually to tell the truth the worst headphones sq wise only I've ever come across were the 'parts express mini.' But i'm going to stop there as I don't really want to criticise it. I heard whilst at hospital and despite it failing to reproduce properly even radio sports commentary it serves it's purpose as a disposable headphone for use in hospitals, where there's plenty more to feed ones concern other than headphones.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #263 of 1,786
The only thing my wife listens to from her iPod is books on tape, and she's in love with these $4.95 Jujifruit-looking earbuds and in-ear pieces. I guess they must be OK for spoken word, in the two or three octaves that the entire range of human speech fits into, but I tried listening to music and they were astonishingly bad. Anything beginning to approach what you'd call bass become a single sound, indistinguishable from a bass drum whack, and the higher treble zinged around in a way that also made it hard to tell that what you were hearing was music.

She buys them by the handful.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #264 of 1,786
plane ride from Phoenix to Reno, and i forgot to bring my HF5s.  so i 'borrowed' a friends cheapo skullcandy earbuds, boy that was a dreadful experience.  a diana krall track sounded like a sick toad burping while sitting in a tin can that's being whacked at with a witch's broom.  so not cool, the roaring jet engine was far more pleasant.

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #265 of 1,786
Quote:
plane ride from Phoenix to Reno, and i forgot to bring my HF5s.  so i 'borrowed' a friends cheapo skullcandy earbuds, boy that was a dreadful experience.  a diana krall track sounded like a sick toad burping while sitting in a tin can that's being whacked at with a witch's broom.  so not cool, the roaring jet engine was far more pleasant.

LOL

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #267 of 1,786
Quote:
Whichever Sullcandy headphones have the built in subwoofer that you have to have an extra battery for. Those things are damn ridiculous and sound horrid.

What a weird idea for a headphone, It was like they took the vibrator out of a PS2 controller and set it up so it would turn on at low frequencies. But what's even weirder is that I remember someone saying it was the best bass they've ever heard.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #269 of 1,786
 My worst are easily the Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2. I was looking for a nice bassy "fun" pair. I didn't find them refined at all and they are so uncomforatable. The bass was there but the mids were exaggerated and harsh to me. I also purchased a pair of Audio Technica M-50's at the same time. I like these a lot. Fairly balanced with nice bass.

Aug 18, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #270 of 1,786
Not exactly the worst (and surely not a headphone), but for the most dissapointing gear to me was an earbud PAA-1. I bought it thinking it might be a decent upgrades for my Senn MX 560 but when I received it, boy was I dissapointed. The sound was muddy and bloated bass everywhere, I gave it 50+ hours of burn in but to no avail. Maybe I got a defective unit at that time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back