WORST headphone you ever heard?
Jul 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #242 of 1,786
Worst sounding headphones I've ever heard are;

IEM's: Senn cx300

On ear: Senn hd25 (Yes- definitely worse than the bose ae2 and the beats solo hd. Shockingly bad)

Full size: beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #246 of 1,786
Jul 29, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #248 of 1,786
Quote:

On ear: Senn hd25 (Yes- definitely worse than the bose ae2 and the beats solo hd. Shockingly bad)

my eye is twitching here, what were you powering them from? no way the HD25 is worse then the solos, on any planet including Uranus.  

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #249 of 1,786
Quote:
but they were born that way, baby!

LOL
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #250 of 1,786
Quote:
my eye is twitching here, what were you powering them from? no way the HD25 is worse then the solos, on any planet including Uranus.  

Lol, that's what I thought before I put the hd 25's on. 
Wait, it's the hd25 spII by the way. I thought this was meant to be pretty much the same as the hd25 mkII but googling it now and people are saying they are different beasts. One is poor whilst the other is the king, yet they cost within £30 of each other. That could explain it- what I heard wasn't the 'standard' hd 25. I'm sure I had read either a well respected headfier or someone similar say that these sennheisers were meant to be very similar sound quality wise (and I took their word for it) but I now see other users reporting the opposite.

I tried them from my samsung galaxy s i9000 (voodoo sound kernel) which is the best mp3 player I've ever had (I also tried them from the sansa fuze vII rockboxed but this is irrelevant as it's not up to scratch this device). I never use any equalisers of any type, though I used to years ago. No one can doubt the credentials of this samsung- it is just that good. 

I a/b'd them with the beats solo hd for a good hour or so in a quiet environment, about a month ago, and yea the solo hd, as grizzly as it sounded, bested the hd25. To tell the complete truth, it wasn't even that close. The hd25 gave music a comical closed boxy tone with excess in excess of reverberations that I had previously only heard in some £6 sony on ears that I don't know the name of. Resolution was lacking bigtime and ..............

There's no point in carrying on really. Just avoid the spII version of this thing. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #251 of 1,786
Quote:

Quote:

That post just gave me cancer

CantScareMe might be just averse to strong treble around 10kHz, and that's perfectly understandable.
And yes, the Solos are kind of terrible. Blasphemous sound for the asking price.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #252 of 1,786
New Worst Earbuds! Beats Tour. I own a pair of fake ones, and I have to say, the 3 dollar fakes are at the same level as the 75 buck real deal. How did Monster just get it so wrong?

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #253 of 1,786
Quote:

Now I'm no bose lover, but 99% of Bose bashers haven't even tried them in their home and have even give them a chance. This is understandable since there is no way I'm paying $150 for an AE1. I did once, but it broke twice! Got a replacement on the first pair at least.

I test-drove a pair of AE2s and OE2s at a Bose listening booth at the PX around here, they weren't really bad at all, not good, but nothing that I couldn't tolerate listening to. The verdict is that Bose is OK, but they're nothing that I would buy or recommend. Liked the AE2s better than the OE2s.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #254 of 1,786
Quote:
I test-drove a pair of AE2s and OE2s at a Bose listening booth at the PX around here, they weren't really bad at all, not good, but nothing that I couldn't tolerate listening to. The verdict is that Bose is OK, but they're nothing that I would buy or recommend. Liked the AE2s better than the OE2s.

Agreed, not bad at all. I actually bought the AE2 about two weeks ago to see how they were compared to everything else I tried. In short, I really liked their signature, but found the angled drivers kinda put the sound all over the place and lacked a clear focus. Perhaps a slight veil as well, but overall they were pretty decent, and I actually liked them much better than the D600 I had on hand at the time. Definitely don't think they're worth $150 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back