WORST headphone you ever heard?
Dec 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #376 of 1,786
Quote:
Are you joking? Wait.......did you actually own them, or did you listen to them somewhere? If you were listening to them with a crap audio source, they are absolutely disgusting. But as soon as you put them on an ipod classic, they really come alive.

Quote:

I've owned a pair of B&W P5s for almost two weeks and I can say that I am extremely disappointed. 

I agree with armyowalgreens - I even listened to the P5 on my iPod classic through a PA2V2 and they sounded not much better than the 20 euro offerings from Panasonic, Sony and Philips. They had more detail, but the sound on the whole was just unpleasant.  

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #378 of 1,786
By the way, I have a strong feeling that listening experience for the P5 may depend on size and shape of one's ears. The padding for the headphones does not fit my ears well at all. I'm sure it's different for others. But that still should be marked as a design failure for Bower and Wilkins R&D department. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #379 of 1,786
P5 are the worst for the money I've tried. Really nothing special.

Then there are these:

Klip Xtreme Headsets. Yeah, Klipsch ripoffs ha!

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #381 of 1,786
Quote:
Prepare for a world of disappointment.

Are you implying you can't get decent sound from headphones under $300 without modifying them?

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #382 of 1,786
Quote:
Quote:
Prepare for a world of disappointment.

Are you implying you can't get decent sound from headphones under $300 without modifying them?

Not quite. There are plenty of very strong values, that are still very good today, independent of price. Just that expecting to be able to pay away the flaws in your listening experience is a fool's errand. All headphones have shortcomings, some more blatant than others, and as one goes away, more pop up to take their place.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #383 of 1,786
I've owned a pair of B&W P5s for almost two weeks and I can say that I am extremely disappointed. Even after attempting to padding mod they still sound muddled and the soundstage is, frankly, horrific. Actually, there is no stage to speak of. All of the sound appears to be coming out of somewhere in the thalamus. 

I'm actually returning them later this afternoon. 

Wow. I read all of your responses regarding the P5's . Maybe I need to see a doctor about my hearing (which could actually be a real possibility). I really do like the, and I have listened to several different headphones. Oh well. I guess I won't be recommending them anymore. Sad day indeed.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #385 of 1,786
Quote:

Not quite. There are plenty of very strong values, that are still very good today, independent of price. Just that expecting to be able to pay away the flaws in your listening experience is a fool's errand. All headphones have shortcomings, some more blatant than others, and as one goes away, more pop up to take their place.

Fair enough :)

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #387 of 1,786
Quote:

Well if I bought a $60,000 BMW and had to completely remove the front bumper in order to have decent performance, I'd be pissed off.

Sure, there is always room for improvement over stock, but having to mutilate $350 'phones just for them to sound decent does not speak well of the product.

Anyway, perhaps I've just never managed a good fit, but to me even P3s sound better than P5s.

Dec 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #388 of 1,786
Quote:
Well if I bought a $60,000 BMW and had to completely remove the front bumper in order to have decent performance, I'd be pissed off.

.....uhm....well when it comes to cars, your argument doesn't exactly work as well as you may have hoped lol because you can greatly increase the performance of a car by spending almost as much as the car itself.....I see what you're saying, though, but as a gearhead I HAD to say something XD

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #389 of 1,786
Worst headphones Ive ever owned are the AKG K550s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back