WORST headphone you ever heard?
Dec 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #346 of 1,786
Quote:
HD668b, seriously, I don't like the light-sounding-type. There's bass body somewhere at that cans, but still I can't pick up which part should I like from it.

I had the similar HD681 and I can kind of agree. I liked them but they have a very weird sound signature.

The treble and mids are just very weird sounding; Mids are thin and the treble is just super wild and uncontrolled (but I heard the third 'version' of the 681 is a little better with this). Mids are a bit thin sounding. I found the bass was perfect for me though, but definitely not a basshead can.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #347 of 1,786
Some super cheap generic earbuds that came with one of those free radio things.

Of the supposed 'good' starter audiophile headphones that were often recommended, I have to say the Sennheiser HD 555. Grainy, lacking definition, lacking detail, uncontrolled, slow, veiled, bloated sounding, and boring.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #348 of 1,786
my free galaxy s3 white headphones are the worst things i've ever used.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #349 of 1,786
All the beats (Didnt try iems)

At the time, I was at a ron johns and had my ipod with me, I had ordered some AKG iems from ebay (which turned out to be fakes, go figure) for fakes they were still decent for the $6 spend, so I decided to plug the ipod into the Demo cans of the entire beats audio range to see how they sounded. so I tried playing Trick - Girls Generation &  comatose - skillet on all of em.

I was honestly mortified, they all sounded so crummy....but the "studio" model wins the prize for worst. It sounded oh so very tinny compared to the fake chinese generic-eric cheapy iem driver, its sad that it got beat out so easy. (guess why its called beats, because anything beats it -_-)

I've never heard the apple iems...tbh I just leave them sealed since I eventually always re-sell the iphones/ipods. (But, I've heard they are manufactured by Monster...?!)

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #350 of 1,786
a friend had there iems that looked really good, they where generic and he said he "found them around the house" so I went ahead and plugged them in, I literally thought my iPod had broken, sound was puke inducing, i just returned them to him inmediatly and kept my mouth shut, lol
also a pair of earbuds I got for 6 bucks, yought they would be at least decent but they went from my ears to the trash, I think they where iluv or something, as far as on/over ear, skullcandy lowrider hands down

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #351 of 1,786
HTC earbuds, it sounded like all the sound was made of treble and trying to be played through a sub woofer.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #352 of 1,786
I know you said earbuds don't count in the op, but I have to mention this.

I came across a Chinese made fake iPhone that came with fake ibuds. God the sound these produces was absolutely horrendous. Much worse than regular ibuds. Also they were barely audible, even at full volume on my mp3 player.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #355 of 1,786
Quote:
lol I didnt even try these, I gave them to this 60 year old coworker. I've never seen him use them hahahah

I just got the idea to try the Cowon Z2's included earbuds. Sad thing is, better than the beats solo my friend let me try lol. They have a tiny ass sound stage, now bass at all. Very sharp quick treble, but not bad. Good detail, I mean they aren't anything special but they are far superior to the new iBuds, which once again, suck. haha

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #356 of 1,786
And an unrelated thing, I have a $10 Emusic card if any1 wants it, no charge, I don't use Emusic, figured one of you could use it better than I can.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #357 of 1,786
Quote:
I just got the idea to try the Cowon Z2's included earbuds. Sad thing is, better than the beats solo my friend let me try lol. They have a tiny ass sound stage, now bass at all. Very sharp quick treble, but not bad. Good detail, I mean they aren't anything special but they are far superior to the new iBuds, which once again, suck. haha

hahah oh geeez

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #358 of 1,786
Quote:

Three years of apple R&D, but junk will always be junk. To turn it around though, the headphones for the PSVITA sound pretty damn amazing for $19. I was pretty surprised and they respond to EQ very very well. I think thats the only product-based set thats sounded good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back