WORST headphone you ever heard?
Apr 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #1,487 of 1,786
I am, whether connected to my nexus 7, galaxy s2, zune 30, zunehd, or my soundblaster Z or 1978 Sony separate amp/tuner setup. With no eq I get deep bass impact and sparkling treble without distortion or sibilance no matter the source. Yes truly wretched headphones. Meanwhile you have to struggle with source/cables/DAC in order to be happy. Enjoy.

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #1,488 of 1,786
There is no negativity behind my question. I love Dan's work, I own/owned two different versions of the MadDog. I was just simply stating that the HD600/650 and 800 are extremely amp and source dependent.  I hated the HD800 the first time I heard them, I had a multitude of amps/DAC's to choose from(between my friend's gear and mine and there was no synergy with any of the gear I owned. I found the right amp for them and they are absolutely the pinnacle of what I have experienced thus far in my journey.  The 650 and the MadDog actually have similar characteristics when the 650 is amped properly. 

I do not "flame" anyone, sound is subjective, but from your comments you lumped the whole brand together like they sound the same so I had doubts that you had experienced them, the 650/600 are close in nature, the 800 is a much different beast.

Sorry for thinking you wanted to flame me. I wish I could try all of them again but this time with proper gear (especially the HD800, I must really be missing out on something)

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #1,489 of 1,786
*not worth it, retracted.

I am, whether connected to my nexus 7, galaxy s2, zune 30, zunehd, or my soundblaster Z or 1978 Sony separate amp/tuner setup. With no eq I get deep bass impact and sparkling treble without distortion or sibilance no matter the source. Yes truly wretched headphones. Meanwhile you have to struggle with source/cables/DAC in order to be happy. Enjoy.
lol. If they wish to listen at home and be stuck to a single expensive amp with 1600$ headphones, let them. I, meanwhile, will enjoy my akg's on the go and at home from whatever source I hook them into... Plus who did he quote here?

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #1,490 of 1,786
Ok, back ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #1,491 of 1,786
lol. If they wish to listen at home and be stuck to a single expensive amp with 1600$ headphones, let them. I, meanwhile, will enjoy my akg's on the go and at home from whatever source I hook them into... Plus who did he quote here?

No need to quote me, my reply had nothing to do with you. Now please resume commenting about headphones you have never heard.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,492 of 1,786
Because you have heard so many higher end headphones as well right...

I get a kick out of these threads, many opinions from people who haven't heard jack. But their friend told them or they read somewhere...
popcorn.gif

That's usually how they go. People hear one or two things and go by something they read online that already agrees with their assumptions and then they get into arguments defending that. 

Fortunately, it's not that hard to know when someone's talking out their ass. Statements and assertions based on conjecture and assumption stick out like a sore thumb from observation or even reasoned inference. 

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,495 of 1,786
No need to quote me, my reply had nothing to do with you. Now please resume commenting about headphones you have never heard.

That's usually how they go. People hear one or two things and go by something they read online that already agrees with their assumptions and then they get into arguments defending that. 

Fortunately, it's not that hard to know when someone's talking out their ass. Statements and assertions based on conjecture and assumption stick out like a sore thumb from observation or even reasoned inference. 

Look guys. I know it's frustrating, but please try not to be so hostile. This is supposed to be a friendly civilized forum, not something like 4-chan for audiophiles where we viciously attack everything that we don't agree with. We gotta understand that some people may not be as seasoned as others on the rule that you should never take other people's opinion on the internet as absolute fact, and that the rule of YMMV applies to everything that is posted on the internet as text can be interpreted in many different ways.

@discord Personally, I think it's fine to quote or paraphrase other people's opinions. The important thing is you have to make it clear that it's a borrowed opinion and not your own, and I think that they reacted badly to you seemingly breaking the aforementioned rule of never taking other people's opinion as absolute fact. I know you might not have done so on purpose but its the internet man; its best to be safe and to make sure other people understand exactly what you mean.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #1,496 of 1,786
like I said, HD 558's... I've heard them, but just didn't like them as much as the k240's.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,497 of 1,786
  Look guys. I know it's frustrating, but please try not to be so hostile. This is supposed to be a friendly civilized forum, not something like 4-chan for audiophiles where we viciously attack everything that we don't agree with. We gotta understand that some people may not be as seasoned as others on the rule that you should never take other people's opinion on the internet as absolute fact, and that the rule of YMMV applies to everything that is posted on the internet as text can be interpreted in many different ways.

I'm not being hostile. I'm not even going after people who say things I disagree with. I didn't quote a single poster, I didn't point out anyone's statements specifically. I don't even care if it's audiophiles or not. I get as annoyed by someone ragging on Beats despite only hearing one model at Best Buy one time as I do by someone making categorical statements about the HD800's based on how a reviewer compared them to one headphone that person is familiar with. 

I am the absolute last person you'll find who gets snobby about audio gear or discounts opinions if they aren't "audiophile enough". 

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #1,499 of 1,786

I'm not being hostile. I'm not even going after people who say things I disagree with. I didn't quote a single poster, I didn't point out anyone's statements specifically. I don't even care if it's audiophiles or not. I get as annoyed by someone ragging on Beats despite only hearing one model at Best Buy one time as I do by someone making categorical statements about the HD800's based on how a reviewer compared them to one headphone that person is familiar with. 

I am the absolute last person you'll find who gets snobby about audio gear or discounts opinions if they aren't "audiophile enough". 

You know what I'm talking about, yet you're still glossing over the issue 
rolleyes.gif
 you do what you want I guess, I don't have the power to stop you.

Apr 12, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #1,500 of 1,786
Airplane headphones are the worst ever.

Not all

Some airline must've been handing out HD25s, I saw one on sale on eBay and the seller said it was from the plane

I saw an advert. For Etihad or Emirates and the passengers looked like they had some decent cans on. It looked like a Fostex TH*** with the airline logo on it but must've been from first class. I've never flown first class so not sure they get upgraded cans,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back