Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Jun 29, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #338 of 498
Fostex Massdrop THX00, because it can give you bass, EQs nicely, is non-fatiguing, you can swap the pads to the kind you like, they can take a beating, are not too expensive and the closed nature reduces outside noises (traffic, computer noise, etc). The only downside for me was the headband, but I solved it by putting a wool softener (kind a like a sock or a wrap-around) around the headband and now it doesn't press my head anymore.

I've owned tons of other headpones, have tried most of the closed good quality ones and the only one that I liked equal (but with different sound characteristics) was Beyerdynamic T70P with Beyer's replacement gel pads (excellent isolation, great if you wear glasses).

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #339 of 498
DT770-80. These headphones are very comfortable even for long gaming sessions, also the sound quality and positioning is excellent for demanding games like CS:GO and PUBG.

Jul 24, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #340 of 498
SHP9500s with V-Moda Boom Pro Mic for all gaming. Sometimes I just use a standard V-Moda cable if I do not need the mic like when I play Thumper.

I have thought about the PC-37x with a 4 pole cable.

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #344 of 498
You don't have any wearing comfort issues for gaming? I can't use my LCD-2 for gaming, because of the weight and pressing on the top of my head.

I would say I have an abnormally high tolerance for things not being perfect, so I just deal with the weight and comfort... It doesn't bother me much, but I do understand what you are talking about. If it helps you can always bend the headband a little to get rid of some of the clamp. Also, when I get the pressure on my head, I kind of just move it to a different spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back