Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Jan 26, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #62 of 295
I'm a huge Dire Straits fan, and since I got my Grados I'm going back to them more and more to listen. I think they may be once of the most nuanced rock bands, and most of their albums are recorded amazingly well. I especially love their eponymous first album "Dire Straits,' but "Making Movies" is a lot of fun, too. Just wait till Knopfler breaks out the resonator! 

"Ah-Um" by Charles Mingus is another favorite. 

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #64 of 295
Right now I love:

Rush - Snakes and Arrows ....gotta love a Canadian Band!

Yes - Fly From Here.... with the Masterful Trevor Horn producing!

Peter Gabriel - Hit....a superb album.  I realize that Grado's may not have the lowest bass extension but listen to Digging In the Dirt.  Deep hitting base and especially big  @ 2:16.

Feb 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #65 of 295

Quote:
Two current favourites:

Joe Bonamassa - Live From Nowhere In particular
(have linked a couple of youtube clips - real favourites on the MS1is - they're not the actual ones off the album)

L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

These two absolutely have to make another record, but this one sounds absolutely amazing on my Grado's.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #66 of 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneelJung /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<Joe Bonamassa -- Live from Nowhere in Particular>

These two absolutely have to make another record, but this one sounds absolutely amazing on my Grado's.

Ho. This is good stuff. I can see why the Grado's would work: the drums are nice and crispy, the guitar sound very 'full', and the music and singing is damn fine. Thanks for the recommendation, snagging this one now.

Feb 13, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #67 of 295

Quote:

Hey Kneeljung

I have you to thank for putting me on to JB in the first place!   And Beth's album "Live at Paradiso" is just spectacular on the MS1is.  I also have the album "Don't Explain" - and I hope these two collaborate again!

Feb 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #69 of 295

Quote:

"The Heart of Saturday Night" ...or anything else Tom Waits - especially on vinyl.

turntable > old receiver > 225i's (with c-pads)  =  my idea of a good time

'Bad as Me' ain't half bad either!

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #70 of 295
They are doing another collaboration album and it will be out this year along with a new JB studio album an acoustic live album and more Black Country Communion.
Quote:
Hey Kneeljung

I have you to thank for putting me on to JB in the first place!   And Beth's album "Live at Paradiso" is just spectacular on the MS1is.  I also have the album "Don't Explain" - and I hope these two collaborate again!

Feb 13, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #71 of 295
Thank you sir!

And one I've just discovered (a lot of people will already know it - but it was new to me) - never really tried a whole lot of pure jazz before on the MS1is - but this is something special:

Charles Mingus "Mingus Ah Um"

Feb 13, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #73 of 295

Quote:
They are doing another collaboration album and it will be out this year along with a new JB studio album an acoustic live album and more Black Country Communion.

I think he must be trying to take the title of hardest working musician away from Warren Haynes. Last year brought us BCC 2, his collaboration with Hart and a solo album, Dust Bowl.

@Brooko

I've seen several videos of that Paradiso performance by Hart, and all I can say is wow...just wow.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #74 of 295
Nils Lofgren's Acoustic Live sounds fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back