Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Dec 1, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 295

Quote:
That's a good start. I just discover this group and album this week but I've been listening to it a lot and enjoy the dynamics of the instruments with the vocal. It sound amazing on the MS-Pro.

The band is Pink Martini, a Jazz / Lounge music. Enjoy!

Thanks Twinster for the heads up on Pink Martini!

Indeed, it is a fine recording - just finished sourcing it in full FLAC and I must say it's quite nice, very nice.

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #17 of 295
Two current favourites:

Joe Bonamassa - Live From Nowhere In particular
(have linked a couple of youtube clips - real favourites on the MS1is - they're not the actual ones off the album)

And Beth Hart - Live At Paradiso

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #18 of 295
I love the fact that my Grado 325 Woodies sound like you are there and I just rediscovered how good these albums were recorded.

1) Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (remasteres)
2) Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (Remastered)
3) SRV - Couldn't Stand The Weather (Sony - Gold)

Dec 1, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #20 of 295
I really like these but the RS-1is sound great on any recording.

Nils Lofgren, Acoustic Live
James Taylor, (s/t) Apple Remaster
Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon
Yello, Stella, UK Remaster

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #21 of 295
This

and this

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #26 of 295

Keiff!!!

The man is more than just a guitarist for the 'Stones and an inventor of a breakfast drink named 'Nuclear Fallout' (sunkist and vodka)

He came up with this album after 'Talk is Cheap'

If you ever needed a sub bass test for your Grado's ~ check out 'Words of Wonder' on this album, it's supreme.

I have listened to this album well over 250 times and counting ~ and I prefer it on my rig with the 325i over the LCD2/HD800
 hooked up to $4000AUD worth of source and head amp.

"[size=medium]Main Offender[/size], Keith Richards' second solo album, is the most realistic-sounding rock recording I've ever heard.
The guitar work growls and sears, and the drumkit conveys the whack of stick on skin and the kickdrum's quick impact.
There's tremendous space -- width and depth galore -- which is defined by the way each drum strike projects into the recording venue.
If your amps and neighbors are up to it, "Runnin' Too Deep" will communicate the sort of raw power that characterizes live music.
As the liner notes indicate, the material was laid to tape in multiple studios, recorded and mixed by different engineers, and you can easily
tell the difference, which is another reason this CD is a reference: it clearly illustrates the difference between very good and extraordinary
sound....[size=medium]Marc Mickelson"[/size]

Dec 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #28 of 295
Social Distortion-White Light, White Heat, White Trash
Children of Bodom-Are You Dead Yet?
AFI-Crash Love
Judas Priest-British Steel

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #30 of 295

Scored this today, it's a massive 4 disc set - some of you may remember 'Girl from Ipanema' but it's not the Stan Getz rendition,
 however, it does have a clean example of Sergio Mendes 'Mas Que Nada' which was all the rage as the theme song for the last World Cup of Football.

Good Brazilian Samba times on the Grado..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back