What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #707 of 911
My first headphone was a gaming headphone the beyer mmx-300. The first listening headphone was a Darth Beyer v4. I kinda miss that darthbeyer thread. Pretty pictures and the anticipation of what he was going to make next.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #708 of 911
My wallet really REALLY hates me for discovering HeadFi.  I have been lurking for a while (4 months) and just scoping out reviews on different headphones and now I finally picked up a pair of Denon D7100s with the WooAudio WA7 Fireflies AMP/DAC.  Hopefully this lasts me for a while :frowning2:

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #709 of 911
I'm just a lurker here before, just reading the different reviews and the discussion of the members, when i purchased my second headphones the Beyerdynamic DT-1350-80, i decided to join the community.

Jul 3, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #710 of 911
First a Aune T1 headphone amplifier which I used in combination with a old Sennheiser hd565 ovation. But the sennheiser hd600 sounded so much better in my headphone shop. Even better than the HD700 and HD800.
So this is the effect head-fi has on me: more than €500 lighter....

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #711 of 911
I'm reading the forum since a long time, but I was not registered. My first was Brainwavez M2. But I was still not feeling ready to join the community. Yesterday since long time reading the forum I order Hifiman HE-400, so I think thats my real first headphone witch I buy after reading the forum.

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #712 of 911
Stax SR-009

Just kidding. Creative Aurvana Live! - that got me into the world of audiophilia.

I've spent about 1.5k on audio... as a student that's more than I spend on anything else.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #715 of 911
Due to their speaker reputation and my happiness with the Zeppelin iPod dock, I purchased a set of B&W C5. I couldn't get used to the booming bass taking over every other part of the music so I started searching the web for answers and came across head-fi. After much research my first post head-fi purchase was the Ety Hf3 , and then custom made tips.

Of course I couldn't stop there after diving head first in to this crazy hobby. Thanks the deals threads and f/s forum, you can see from my signature how I've gone bonkers in just over a year.

Loving every minute of it!

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #716 of 911
Quote:
Due to their speaker reputation and my happiness with the Zeppelin iPod dock, I purchased a set of B&W C5. I couldn't get used to the booming bass taking over every other part of the music so I started searching the web for answers and came across head-fi. After much research my first post head-fi purchase was the Ety Hf3 , and then custom made tips.

Of course I couldn't stop there after diving head first in to this crazy hobby. Thanks the deals threads and f/s forum, you can see from my signature how I've gone bonkers in just over a year.

Loving every minute of it!

Lol. You should have read reviews on C5 before buying them. B&W makes good speakers, but not headphones or iems.

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #717 of 911
Oooh, I ended up with some Koss PortaPros, after googling something along the liens of "cheap good headphones" and seeing them recommended on here - loved them and still have them 2 years later.

I then lost my Sennheiser CX400-II Precisions (thankfully, in hindsight!) and ended up with some VSonic GR06's exactly a year ago today, after finally rediscovering these forums and going through Jokerns entire thread on IEMs!
tongue_smile.gif

Off more Head-Fi recommendations I picked up a FiiO E5 for cheap off Amazon, inevitably that was a fake!

Spent around £100 on audio from my short time on this forum - not much compared to others, but that's more than anything else I've spent money on recently and my budget is mainly eaten up by skiing and Uni fees haha

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #718 of 911
I bought a pair of Mad Dogs after spending sometime here... then I had to buy a Schiit Magni, but it felt odd because I like symmetry, so I bought a Modi too. Pretty happy with where I am now, so I don't plan on buying anything in the foreseeable future. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #719 of 911
since joining i now own:

Beyer T70
Senn HD650
Ultrasone Pro900

JDS C421 amp
Ibasso D6 amp/dac
LittleDot MK IV SE OTL Tube amp and about 30 sets of tubes now
Schiit BiFrost DAC
PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
Audio Technica ATLP120 turntable with Shure M97xE cartridge
cambridge Azur 640p phono stage.