What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Jul 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #736 of 911
Within my first week of stumbling across Head-Fi I read plenty of good reviews on the Shure SRH-840. So I picked them up and love them!

I did not know I would like them so much that it would begin an obsession.... so shortly after I picked up the HD600's and was even more blown away. These 2 pairs of headphones have made this last year MUCH more enjoyable! :)

Thanks Head-Fi! I now get fatter, deafer, and more poor by the day! :) :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #737 of 911
Quote:
Within my first week of stumbling across Head-Fi I read plenty of good reviews on the Shure SRH-840. So I picked them up and love them!

I did not know I would like them so much that it would begin an obsession.... so shortly after I picked up the HD600's and was even more blown away. These 2 pairs of headphones have made this last year MUCH more enjoyable! :)

Thanks Head-Fi! I now get fatter, deafer, and more poor by the day! :) :)

Me too!  BTW, I agree with the HD600!  They have caused me to really, really slow down any ideas I had about an upgrade!

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #738 of 911
I stumbled onto Head-Fi while looking for an upgrade from my HD 448's four months ago. I was already an audiophile, so I was bitten by the headphone bug pretty easily.

In the three months since joining I've bought a set of HD 558's, a FiiO E12, a FiiO D03K and a set of Sony MDR-ZX600's (review coming soon). Not to mention all the various cables and LOD's.

Currently I'm trying to hold myself back from buying either V-Moda M80's or Grado SR80i's. Must...resist....

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #739 of 911
Quote:
I stumbled onto Head-Fi while looking for an upgrade from my HD 448's four months ago. I was already an audiophile, so I was bitten by the headphone bug pretty easily.

In the three months since joining I've bought a set of HD 558's, a FiiO E12, a FiiO D03K and a set of Sony MDR-ZX600's (review coming soon). Not to mention all the various cables and LOD's.

Currently I'm trying to hold myself back from buying either V-Moda M80's or Grado SR80i's. Must...resist....

(devil on shoulder)   Resistance is futile......cave into temptation.....

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #740 of 911
Quote:
Me too!  BTW, I agree with the HD600!  They have caused me to really, really slow down any ideas I had about an upgrade!

I listen to them for at least 3 hours a day, and would listen to them more if I could. I love everything about the HD600's from the comfort to SQ to looks/design. It is just perfect for my tastes! An incredible 15 year old contender!

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #742 of 911
Philips Fidelio L1. I actually ordered them today after reading many good reviews. I have been in to hifi and home cinema for many years but i'm quite new to headphones for use at home. I have used headphones in studios when recording.

Jul 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #743 of 911
Hello All,

When I first came on Head-Fi it was to do research for CIEMs. I received JH|5 Pros and I purchased a Fiio E17 as well. About two or three weeks later I just purchased Westone 4Rs. I did this because when I received the JH|5s there seems to be a driver loose or something. Considering how long it took to receive them, that there's just one person (Caleb) repairing them and the fact that they're backed up from being on vacation, I figured I would need some nice ears to last me the long wait until they come back. At least that's how I justified the purchase :)

Glad to see i'm not the only one to purchased a few headphones within a month of joining Head-Fi, they weren't kidding when they said "sorry about your wallet!"

Before coming on here and doing my research and whatnot I had a pair of beats tours and Klipsch s4s (very nice ears) but that was as high end as it got. Also none of my music was in FLAC. I have about 45 GB of FLAC music now and growing!

Steve

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #745 of 911
AKG

k701

Jul 14, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #748 of 911
I did some trades then thought might as well and got a HDP-R10 and UM Miracles. Listening to them right now! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back