What does everyone want for christmas?
Dec 30, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #376 of 504
Quote:
I got my wish.

I borrowed far too much money for the last available flight from Maine to Florida.  After eight hundred and eighty dollars, eleven hours and three first class flights I saw my sister.  I spent Christmas with her. I told her that I love her, and I cried with her.  I gave her away at her wedding. I started making one thousand paper cranes with her, and I said goodbye.  I'm back home now.  It was the last time that I will see her, and it was the toughest thing I will have ever had, or will ever have to do in my lifetime.  She raised me, and means more to me than anyone ever will.

She majored in micro biology and immunology, She specifically did everything possible to avoid having cancer.  She ate only unprocessed, organic, health foods.  She drank only sugar free tea, fruit juices, and filtered water.  She is an incredibly sanitary person, a germaphobe, and never smoked anything in her life.  She has exercised more than most people will in their lives, loved walking through town, and hiking, and she has terminal cancer at thirty three years old.

When it comes to this, money is nothing. Your sister will get through it, and my wishes to be with her.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #379 of 504

Quote:
I got my wish.

I borrowed far too much money for the last available flight from Maine to Florida.  After eight hundred and eighty dollars, eleven hours and three first class flights I saw my sister.  I spent Christmas with her. I told her that I love her, and I cried with her.  I gave her away at her wedding. I started making one thousand paper cranes with her, and I said goodbye.  I'm back home now.  It was the last time that I will see her, and it was the toughest thing I will have ever had, or will ever have to do in my lifetime.  She raised me, and means more to me than anyone ever will.

She majored in micro biology and immunology, She specifically did everything possible to avoid having cancer.  She ate only unprocessed, organic, health foods.  She drank only sugar free tea, fruit juices, and filtered water.  She is an incredibly sanitary person, a germaphobe, and never smoked anything in her life.  She has exercised more than most people will in their lives, loved walking through town, and hiking, and she has terminal cancer at thirty three years old.

oh gosh...
I know how it feels, i also lost a person who raised me, my granddad, because of cancer.
He was a doctor.
This summer my mum had a tumor to the uterus and she didn't tell me.
But i believe that if we stay together and live happily everything will resolve itself in the best of manners.
And so it must be with you.
my thoughts are with you both.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #380 of 504

Quote:
I got my wish.

Omg that is sad. I really feel bad right now. I am really happy you got to see her and i am nearly about to cry manly tears from this. Cancer is something i don't wish on anyone. I am lost for words.

May 10, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #381 of 504
Thank you everyone for your sympathy.  I haven't been on this forum in a while. I didn't know that people would still be reading this thread.  I don't want to upset anyone, or to have anyone feel sorry for me.  My sister lost her battle with cancer on Febuary 11th in Sarasota Florida.  You may read her obituary here.

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #384 of 504
An HD598 and that hand-me-down IE8 I'll be recieving. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:02 AM Post #385 of 504
Me?  I want a lap dance ... oops, I mean lap desk.  I do a fair bit of work in a comfortable chair in my study and want to have a better surface for writing, as well as placing my 14" 4 Lb. laptop (nearly an Ultrabook) computer on it while I use it.  

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #386 of 504
I'd like a desktop USB DAC (so that my computer's audio would be bearable), a night with Scarlett Johansson, a nice set of circumaural open backed headphones for home use, and this....

with free insurance and gas for the life of the car. 
atsmile.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #389 of 504
Started off with me fancying a new set of headphones but not really knowing much about them.  The better half said she had a budget of £50 and I was going to let her pick something up.

She didn't know which to go for so gave me the money and let me choose. That was about a week ago.

From there, I tried and decided on a set of iGrados, then changed my mind to a set of SR601's, then justified to myself some SR80i's, then listened to some HD558's and finally hit the buy button on a set of HD598's.

She still thinks they were £50, she doesn't need to know about the rest.

Still looking at getting a set of Grados as owning just one set of cans no longer sounds normal.  Also looking at the possibility of adding in a dac, amp, portable amp.......

Slippery slope.  
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back