What does everyone want for christmas?
Dec 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #408 of 504
Quote:
Thank you everyone for your sympathy.  I haven't been on this forum in a while. I didn't know that people would still be reading this thread.  I don't want to upset anyone, or to have anyone feel sorry for me.  My sister lost her battle with cancer on Febuary 11th in Sarasota Florida.  You may read her obituary here.

Thoughts and prayers man. I lost a father in law just about three weeks ago to throat cancer. Great guy...he'll be missed. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #409 of 504
Quote:
Me?  I want a lap dance ... oops, I mean lap desk.  I do a fair bit of work in a comfortable chair in my study and want to have a better surface for writing, as well as placing my 14" 4 Lb. laptop (nearly an Ultrabook) computer on it while I use it.  

Careful...you know your wife reads these post right? And 4 pounds is not an ultrabook. 
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #412 of 504
I would like to see my younger brother and to pass down some of my headphones to him so that he wont have to use earbuds that arnt anygood. He looks up to me (not sure if thats good sometimes :3) but hes into all kinds of music. But for me id say some sennheiser hd 449's even tho im gonna get the hd 429 for xmas

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #414 of 504
Quote:
 I own both and both are great headphones. I actually think the dt770 is just as good for rock music as my sr60i's. When I want to listen to the guitar I pick up my grados, when I listen to drums I listen to the dt770's.

hmm interesting :)

how is the imaging and seperation on the DT770's compared to the SR60i. Also how big is the soundstage in comparison?

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #415 of 504
Dec 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #416 of 504
Quote:
hmm interesting :)

how is the imaging and seperation on the DT770's compared to the SR60i. Also how big is the soundstage in comparison?

I don't currently own the sr60i's anymore. However, I don't remember them ever feeling like the soundstage wasn't big enough. I think the main problem with the dt770's sounding clustered compared to the sr60i's is that the bass is way more prominent than the sr60i's. Therefore, it sounded a little more clustered than the sr60i's in hectic rock music when alot was going on. I've tried to pin point the problem but I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't get me wrong though I love my dt770's to death, and with a fiio e11 they sound way better than my sr60i's. The main song I heard the cluster was in "brendens death song" by RHCP. If you get both for christmas can you do a comparison for me? Like I said I dont have my sr60i's anymore so I'd like to hear what the difference is.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #417 of 504
HD650, or maybe HD800. Just depends how drunk I am when I order them online.

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #420 of 504
Quote:
I don't currently own the sr60i's anymore. However, I don't remember them ever feeling like the soundstage wasn't big enough. I think the main problem with the dt770's sounding clustered compared to the sr60i's is that the bass is way more prominent than the sr60i's. Therefore, it sounded a little more clustered than the sr60i's in hectic rock music when alot was going on. I've tried to pin point the problem but I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't get me wrong though I love my dt770's to death, and with a fiio e11 they sound way better than my sr60i's. The main song I heard the cluster was in "brendens death song" by RHCP. If you get both for christmas can you do a comparison for me? Like I said I dont have my sr60i's anymore so I'd like to hear what the difference is.

I'll see what I can do but I am most likely going to just get the SR60i.  It may be too uncomfortable for me, in that case I will send them back and save a little more for a used DT770 Pro/80

BTW, which DT770 are you using 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back