What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter)
Feb 1, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #9,871 of 14,565
Try Amsterdam!
Problem with the Mona Lisa is that before you see it in real you ve been sleeping under a Mona Lisa blanket and drank coffee out of a ML mock.
Don t forget it s been 500 years ago the Leonardo era.

Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues,
You can tell it by the way she smiles...

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #9,872 of 14,565
I think I caught an error in the kempff stereo moonlight sonata, first movement, at 0:53. The right hand should play g-c-e, g-b-e, g-c#-e, but he replaces the b with a second C.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #9,873 of 14,565
I think I caught an error in the kempff stereo moonlight sonata, first movement, at 0:53. The right hand should play g-c-e, g-b-e, g-c#-e, but he replaces the b with a second C.
Comments like this is why I could never be a serious classical music fan. I prefer the attitude expressed by Miles Davis when he said "there are no wrong notes..."

Feb 2, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #9,874 of 14,565
I think I caught an error on Third Stone from the Sun @ 4:11...he uses his right foot instead of his left when he flips the guitar :wink:

Sorry for the Hendrix channeling!

To be fair SRV also played nursery rhymes...

Feb 2, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #9,875 of 14,565
Comments like this is why I could never be a serious classical music fan. I prefer the attitude expressed by Miles Davis when he said "there are no wrong notes..."
I mean, there's serious and then there's serious. I think @bosiemoncrieff's seriousness is an eleven on a scale of one to five.

The question is whether the substitution of the c for the b made the movement more engaging?

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #9,876 of 14,565
If it was a studio recording, during the recording session the performer along with an engineer and producer would have reviewed and edited the recording together while following the score. Whether a mistake or not, Kempff approved it for release.

Comments like this is why I could never be a serious classical music fan.
Mistakes happen all the time during performances. Serious classical music fans pay more attention to other things than being note perfect.

Feb 2, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #9,877 of 14,565
Feb 3, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #9,878 of 14,565
If it was a studio recording, during the recording session the performer along with an engineer and producer would have reviewed and edited the recording together while following the score. Whether a mistake or not, Kempff approved it for release.

Mistakes happen all the time during performances. Serious classical music fans pay more attention to other things than being note perfect.
There is not one "note error"-less recording in this universe.
Sometimes it's an art in and of itself.
Listen to the last Vladimir Horrowitz recordings.

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #9,880 of 14,565
GlisteningVengefulChrysalis-small.gif

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #9,884 of 14,565
Mona Lisa must have had the highway blues,
You can tell it by the way she smiles...

Every time you post something I don't understand, I must feed it into the google machine to see which Grateful Dead song it is from.

I was off by just a tiny bit this time....

Or to borrow one from Schickele Mix:

"If it sounds good, it IS good"

― Duke Ellington

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #9,885 of 14,565
Every time you post something I don't understand, I must feed it into the google machine to see which Grateful Dead song it is from.

I was off by just a tiny bit this time....

Jerry Garcia did cover that song with the GD. It has long been argued that Jerry's live covers of Dylan tunes are better than the originals. Dylan himself hinted agreement with this sentiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back