Westone ES5
Jun 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4,756 of 5,554
Quote:
Custom artwork is really meaningless in the long term. By that I mean you get used to it and its novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Kind of like that tattoo on your a**.  
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #4,761 of 5,554
It all comes down to personal preference. For some weird reason, when I used the Shure SCL5 and Westone um3x (both have clear body with internal parts showing), I WANTED people to think it was a hearing aid. I just thought that it would also be "unique" for a guy in his early 20's to be already using hearing aids lol.

Jul 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #4,764 of 5,554
Well I have approached the 3 weeks mark of my quoted 4 week wait. It's been excruciating to say the least.

I regard myself as quite a patient guy and feel I'm too old to get worked up over these things, but the hardest part of it is not hearing anything from Westone or the Australian authorised distributor or the vendor I chose to go with. I've tried contacting Westone and they're response is pretty much "Please contact your vendor or audiologist and go through that channel". I contacted my vendor to see if I could even get at least a "Yes we have received the ear impressions" or really anything to indicate that all is on track and next week I should be expecting them, or for that matter be informed of any delays or issues. I can deal with delays and problems, I just need to know about them.

My vendor and the Australian authorised distributor has been very good and quite responsive and tried to overnight ask Westone for a response. All they were able to get from Westone was: "We will let you know when it ships out", no more no less.

From this I am supposed to extrapolate that 1) they have received my impressions, although they do not confirm or deny it but hopefully if they had not received them at least they would have said so right?, 2) they are working on it, although again they do not confirm or deny even having the impressions, 3) ??

So I am no better off than I was 3 weeks ago. Were the impressions squashed in the mail? Have you got them? I'd be happy with just a nod and a wink or "Hi Mr Lillee, your masterpiece is in the making, she'll be right"

Aside from assurances from my vendor that he will call me when he hears anything and that the process usually does not take any more than 4 weeks, I am quite disappointed and still just as nervous as I was 3 weeks ago when I handed my money over.

Anyway my hopes are still high and this is purely rambling on from a guy waiting very very very very eagerly for something he's paid $$$$ for. Anything great is worth waiting for right? GOOD LORD I hope I don't have to send them back for re-mold or anything, I don't think I can handle another month in a communication cave, wondering around in the dark...

Am I right to be a bit disappointed?

Can't *&^(^^%$%$# wait to get them, it's killing me... Will accept any sympathy from anyone right now 
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #4,765 of 5,554
From my experience, "no news means good news". It seems they will contact you or your local dealer only if there are some problems (e.g. bad ear impressions, shipment problems etc). If you don't hear anything, it should be on track...

Btw, I am also on my third week of waiting for my ES5 
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #4,766 of 5,554
Quote:
From my experience, "no news means good news". It seems they will contact you or your local dealer only if there are some problems (e.g. bad ear impressions, shipment problems etc). If you don't hear anything, it should be on track...

Btw, I am also on my third week of waiting for my ES5 
redface.gif

Well this is comforting somewhat haha. I feel for you and know exactly what you're going through lol

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #4,767 of 5,554
I'm on my third set. I've waited for my ES5s for a total of maybe 6 months. The process of actually making your pair only takes a couple of hours, they probably haven't seen your molds yet.

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #4,768 of 5,554
Haha, you're going through pretty much the same phase I did when I was waiting for mine, although I have to admit I think I was a bit more patient since there was a delay on all fronts (had to redo impressions, had to meet with vendor at a later time, vendor waited about a week or maybe even more to send them out because he was waiting for another set of impressions to ship together, impressions were held by customs for inspection). Overall, I think I waited about 2 months in total but once you get past the 3~4 weeks, you are freed from the pain of thinking about it :) But yes I did call Westone to check on the status as you have and got the same "we can't give you any information, please talk to your dealer". I did get pretty upset over that, but then got over it pretty quickly as well. Trust me, you'll forgive Westone and heck, maybe even your worst enemy once you get the ES5's 
etysmile.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #4,770 of 5,554
Quote:
Haha, you're going through pretty much the same phase I did when I was waiting for mine, although I have to admit I think I was a bit more patient since there was a delay on all fronts (had to redo impressions, had to meet with vendor at a later time, vendor waited about a week or maybe even more to send them out because he was waiting for another set of impressions to ship together, impressions were held by customs for inspection). Overall, I think I waited about 2 months in total but once you get past the 3~4 weeks, you are freed from the pain of thinking about it :) But yes I did call Westone to check on the status as you have and got the same "we can't give you any information, please talk to your dealer". I did get pretty upset over that, but then got over it pretty quickly as well. Trust me, you'll forgive Westone and heck, maybe even your worst enemy once you get the ES5's 
etysmile.gif

lol OK so I will get them before Christmas? I'll be happy with that! 
rolleyes.gif

I don't agree with their policy of total secrecy. I don't care if there is a backlog there, that's fine with me, take as long as you need, I just want to know you've received my impressions and it's not at Customs Australia or chewed up by a dog or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back