Westone ES5
Jul 5, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #4,771 of 5,554
I always got my answers when I needed them, but always through my dealer (Earplugstore). Apparantly they had great communications with Westone.

Jul 5, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #4,772 of 5,554
Quote:
Well guys I sent mine for a refiit and it's been over a month already, how long does westone take to do refits cause it is taking really long.

The last time I sent mine in for refit it took 3weeks plus.

I guess yours should arrive soon.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #4,774 of 5,554
Quote:
Well guys I sent mine for a refiit and it's been over a month already, how long does westone take to do refits cause it is taking really long.

around 4weeks, although it may be 3 or 5weeks as well depending on when they receive and sent out your iem

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #4,775 of 5,554
There's probably slightly more delay than usual because of the wildfires, no doubt. 
When I always order from them, they have a gigantic queue of pieces to be made. My wait was an exception because the lady made a mistake and made a typo on the email, hence my receiving the email way later, so she bumped me up a bit in the queue, making my wait time ~ 7 business days. Overnight shipping is cheap if you live in North America. I believe I paid $20. I think it's worth it :)
I think they've already confirmed your impressions, and is just in the queue. They wouldn't let it sit for 3-4 weeks, and then notify you that it's not adequate, and make you wait another month.
They'll probably be in your hands very very soon. On the bright side, at least yours is in the normal queue, which means one engineer will be making both of your ears, unlike mine, where since mine was a rush order, two engineers made each piece, one being more experienced than others in my guess, making my fit a bit loose on one side, though it's not much of a problem now.

Jul 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #4,776 of 5,554
Quote:
I think they've already confirmed your impressions

That's the thing, they have not. This is pretty much the communication I got: "Westone can't tell us if/when they have received your impressions or what the status of your order is, but they will inform us when the finished product ships out of their offices". 

No part of that says "We have received your order and it's in the queue". So besides the (quite huge) assumption that they would have told me earlier if there was a problem with my order, I have no idea whatsoever what is going on and neither do my vendors. I suppose it makes sense that if when we enquire and they don't have my order, they would at least say "What order?" right? Again huge assumption.

We live in a age where we trust retailers enough to hand over $1300 and not hear anything from them for 1 month and still call this great service. Not even a simple email to say "Hi, happy 4th July" or whatever.

Wait continues... For now I will reset my expectations from next week to end of July as to not disappoint myself.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #4,777 of 5,554
I was under the impression that they'd check the impressions, when it arrives and they take it out of the packaging, to ensure the order can be processed. They wouldn't just set it aside for a month, and then look at it and see that it's inadequate and contact you after all that time that you need to get another set of impressions.

You have to understand that they have quite a heavy load of orders and they do not have the time nor the manpower to give you the "status" of the order. Imagine how many people are inquiring about the same thing you are, at any given time. I'm aware that Westone's music department only has one CS rep, Megan, and I do know she handles everything besides shipping, and the engineering itself.

Jul 5, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #4,779 of 5,554
For my experience with UE, once they received your ear impressions they will drop you an email. After 3 days of checking, they will drop you another mail. After 3 2 weeks of the approved ear impressions, i got my UERM.

Edit: Forgotten to mention that they dropped me an email after the UERM was shipped. Attached with 1 video every time they drop u an mail, showing how to fix the custom IEM, how to take care them.. etc. Last but no least, after 3 weeks you have listening to UE products, they drop you an email asking your feedback. 

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #4,780 of 5,554
I dealt with UE customs almost 4 years ago, but I think I did get confirmation e-mails at that time too. I think this is definitely an area that Westone can improve on no doubt. If they don't have enough CS personnel, well then hire more people. But then, they might not be willing to change things they've been doing for so long...(they'd probably say if it ain't broke...)

Quote:
For my experience with UE, once they received your ear impressions they will drop you an email. After 3 days of checking, they will drop you another mail. After 3 weeks of the approved ear impressions, i got my UERM.

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #4,781 of 5,554
I should have ordered UE's then? 
confused_face_2.gif

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #4,783 of 5,554
Quote:

Well if customer service is all you want out of customs then yes...but then UE customer service isn't head and shoulders above Westone either. In fact, many people would say the opposite...

Yes I know, it was tongue in cheek but could not find an emoticon for it.

It's all good. I just wanted to share my anxiety with someone that would understand, before I burst

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #4,784 of 5,554
Quote:

Yes I know, it was tongue in cheek but could not find an emoticon for it.

It's all good. I just wanted to share my anxiety with someone that would understand, before I burst

Yep, I was trying to decide whether that was sarcastic or not but in the online world you can never read emotions correctly. But yes, I hope they do arrive to you safely and promptly 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back