Westone ES5
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #4,276 of 5,554
Mine also have blue and red internal wiring in the left and right sides respectively. It only hapoened on my final refit. I think I got a good technician on a good day...

Okay it doesn't help identify them at all but it looks cool.

I'm in the "I recognize it's the right earpiece because it's shaped wrong to fit in my left ear " camp.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #4,278 of 5,554
hmm, which cables is good to pair with es5? twag? SD? twspc?

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #4,279 of 5,554
Stock, they have one of the best stock cables. I found TWag not a good match for the ES5 at all. Silver plated copper, for what reason? I haven't tried the SD. I've tried the Piccolino and it goes well with the ES5, but it's ridiculously expensive. Do NOT get ALO's IEM cable. It sounds really bad and is a bother to use because it's so un-ergonomic. The one I'm using right now is DHC Symbiote IEM cable. It's probably the most ergnonomic/least intrusive cable I've tried so far, and also the only cable that does not change the sound signature of the ES5 but only improves upon the dynamics. However, in the end it's all up to your personal preference and bias.
Quote:
hmm, which cables is good to pair with es5? twag? SD? twspc?

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #4,281 of 5,554
Ah, iradio. aka Sonic. He was banned back when being banned was permanent. He could be really annoying but he was also a good Head-Fier in his own way. Big fan of the ES5 - a convert from JH-Audio.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #4,282 of 5,554
Hi Tronz,

Yes I just posted about it because I thought it was weird,  and the serial number are not similar, but they are exactly the same and each ES5 has its own SN. Another thing that kept my attention is the fact both has the same body color, the same unique angled tips that I haven't seen before ( almost 90º ), and both uses acrilic tips and not the most used vinyl. Last year iradio's posted on Westone's FB page showing his ES5's faceplace with a crack paint, and wanted it to be fix or maybe changed....
Some pictures, so you can undestand what I'm saying.

Tronz, if you say they are not the same ES5, who am I to say they are? Just thought it was curious.

Take Care!

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #4,285 of 5,554
@kaikai1805: They all sound the same so stick to something that you find aesthetically pleasing and doesn't tangle. Alot of people have reported that their clear cables turn green pretty fast, so unless you think green's funky you might wanna stay clear (pun most definitely intended) of that one. I use the stock black and it's light, durable and hardly ever tangles.

@Br777: Booh don't spoil my fun!

@iRadio: That's a shame, really loved the original design.

Mar 14, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #4,286 of 5,554

Quote:
@kaikai1805: They all sound the same so stick to something that you find aesthetically pleasing and doesn't tangle. Alot of people have reported that their clear cables turn green pretty fast, so unless you think green's funky you might wanna stay clear (pun most definitely intended) of that one. I use the stock black and it's light, durable and hardly ever tangles.

I have the stock clear cable for a year now and it didn't turn green on me. Hopefully it never will. The humidity level over here is around 90% all year round so it has been through one of the toughest climate around the globe.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #4,287 of 5,554
erm how do i reactivate the desiccant pod?

Mar 15, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #4,290 of 5,554
that wasn't sarcasm.. i didnt understand.
ah, so when the beads are dark in color the pad is deactivated, or no longer sucking up moisture?
good to know.  i must not have read that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back