Westone ES5
Mar 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #4,261 of 5,554

Quote:
i suppose technically you could, but youd have to get the molds made to fit the dummy head, which means no one could use them.

at least that's my understanding - i could be wrong

Or they can do it the way Westone and other custom IEM companies test the IEM's before shipping it to the customer.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #4,262 of 5,554
Lol, you are very perceptive, rmappita...

On an unrelated note, when did Westone stop putting -L and -R at the end of the serial number on ES5s?
EDIT: Or is it just because those ES5s were a red-ish color so they put the serial number in white instead of red and blue.... Probably that....

On another unrelated note, I think my ES5s are seriously the only ones with crooked pin sockets. Doesn't bother me much, but when I look at pictures on here, it just makes me go "Oh Westone...."

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #4,263 of 5,554
I found that if you keep sending them in for faults they'll give up and call up the senior technician to clean up.

Quote:
Lol, you are very perceptive, rmappita...

On an unrelated note, when did Westone stop putting -L and -R at the end of the serial number on ES5s?
EDIT: Or is it just because those ES5s were a red-ish color so they put the serial number in white instead of red and blue.... Probably that....

On another unrelated note, I think my ES5s are seriously the only ones with crooked pin sockets. Doesn't bother me much, but when I look at pictures on here, it just makes me go "Oh Westone...."

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #4,264 of 5,554
moseboy, I have serial #ES50011. The numbers are in blue and red for Left and Right respectively - no L or R. So your edit is correct.

Not sure I understand the crooked pin socket complaint. I have never noticed anything amiss with mine.

Mar 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #4,265 of 5,554
It's subtle, but I notice it. Maybe I'll post pictures tomorrow or something.... Fortunately, it's actually angled towards my ears, which is the best angle if it's not going to be dead nuts straight. So it's tough to complain... I've already sent them back once, I don't know if I have the guts to do it again....

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #4,266 of 5,554
Gasp! This kinda drama is what I need to keep me entertained whilst my ES5 is away.
popcorn.gif

Quote:
Hi Tronz,

On THIS post the ES5 from the user "iRadiO"  is the same as your ES5, and use the same serial number "ES50104". Why?

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #4,267 of 5,554
Goes to show that Tronz is iRadiO who was banned.

Hmm my ES5 shows L and R though and the text are white (my shells are candy blue). Not sure why are there variants.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #4,268 of 5,554
...cuz your shells are blue....

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #4,273 of 5,554

Quote:
Red always indicates right for any can/cable though, doesn't it?

Yes. I mean for the case of color coding, it may be difficult to tell red from blue if the lighting isn't that great. Whereas for the physical letter L and R, there is no such issue.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #4,274 of 5,554

Quote:
I will think that R and L is easier to identify than blue and red (unless each of your shell is unique)

Maybe that's why mine don't have it.  I wanted instantly recognizable sides.  Though if you can't figure it after a few tries w/ or w/o the letters then perhaps customs aren't for you?  
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #4,275 of 5,554
Perhaps so. But I still had trouble with my previous smokes, so I switched them up to what they are now.

Quote:
Maybe that's why mine don't have it.  I wanted instantly recognizable sides.  Though if you can't figure it after a few tries w/ or w/o the letters then perhaps customs aren't for you?  
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back