Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #4,579 of 5,568
Sep 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #4,580 of 5,568
Go ahead man !
and post the review here :)

Just pulled the trigger, I hope it will serve as a good upgrade to my dying Vsonic GR07's.

BTW they have a name for people like you, enablers! I just murdered my poor wallet.
wink_face.gif

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #4,582 of 5,568
I have come to find a gripe about the earportz from proguard that one might want to take into consideration. While the larger tips do in some aspects offer greater sound quality being the tapper is larger. The forceful insertion and removal causes the triple flanges to move back on insertion and upon removal move forward. This back and fourth motion causes the flanges to break down over a period of use. ....which basic renders them not unuseable but the flanges come off or dangle thus you pretty much cant use them.

I have moved down to a smaller size, size medium and are trying those out to see if the breakdown still occurs. If it does then I wouldnt no longer recommend the tips as per the price and then have them physically break down. Its just not cost effect.

Which sucks because I really like them but dont want to endorse something that over a short period of time will break down.

I am tempted to see what the grey silicone shures sound like. But again the westones really seem to like a flanged or tappered tip. So still on the edge.

Mayne I just need to go with some silicone um56 although ive heard they could collapse the soundstage and obviously thats not worth it either.....

Still on the fence

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #4,583 of 5,568
Just pulled the trigger, I hope it will serve as a good upgrade to my dying Vsonic GR07's.

BTW they have a name for people like you, enablers! I just murdered my poor wallet. :wink_face:

Enjoy the good investment and choice well made :)
it is for a long term enjoyment for sure.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #4,586 of 5,568
Deleted.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #4,587 of 5,568
  I am just hoping that I don't start feeling the need to purchase a portable amp for them. I've always just run my IEM's directly out of my phone.

No need.  You're good with these.  The difference is very subtle.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #4,588 of 5,568
So I just pulled the trigger on the 4R for 320.  Should have it by Friday.  Hopefully I can get them burned in quickly and maybe write up my thoughts on it. I'll be comparing them with HiFiman RE-0s.  

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #4,589 of 5,568
  So I just pulled the trigger on the 4R for 320.  Should have it by Friday.  Hopefully I can get them burned in quickly and maybe write up my thoughts on it. I'll be comparing them with HiFiman RE-0s.  

Don't know for sure, but I haven't noticed much difference with burn in.  I thought BA's weren't affected like dynamic drivers are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back