Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Sep 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #4,547 of 5,568
I'm trying to get them New <=£250, which is about $390.... I can dream right?

Good luck with that then. The lowest I have seen the 4 (and not the r) is a b stock £281 at iheadphones. Keep an eye on earphonesolutions, they occasionally do a 20-25% off which could bring it down.

Sep 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #4,548 of 5,568
Like Xcellent, I'm too spoiled to switch to another IEM. What's funny is that I was working out last week and someone asked if he could join on overhead press. After a while, he got curious about my W4R's. He was looking for IEM's to workout with, and then I explained to him that I went through a bunch of wires with mine. I probably should have recommended something else to him, though.
Was he shocked when you mentioned the price of the w4r's lol

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #4,549 of 5,568
Quote:
Was he shocked when you mentioned the price of the w4r's lol

Surprisingly, no. I made sure to take advantage of one of those 25% discounts from earphonesolutions.com, but it's still pricey. I think he already has exposure to this kind of stuff, but he doesn't have a high-end IEM yet.

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #4,550 of 5,568
I luckily got mine on sale from Amazon for $325 a couple weeks ago
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #4,552 of 5,568
Sep 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #4,553 of 5,568
Yep, that date is about right. I ordered mine on Aug 17 when I saw the price an returned my W4 (bought from third party fulfilled by Amazon for $320). The newer version plus the full warranty at almost the same price was a huge plus!

I had originally bought the W4 because it was much cheaper and was under a 1 year warranty because it was still "fulfilled by Amazon" (according to the amazon rep I chatted with)

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #4,555 of 5,568
The anazon rep had said only a one year warranty rather than full two year. Either way, I'm glad I returned them and got the 4r for the same price... sold by amazon to get the full two year warranty.

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #4,556 of 5,568
The anazon rep had said only a one year warranty rather than full two year. Either way, I'm glad I returned them and got the 4r for the same price... sold by amazon to get the full two year warranty.

Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #4,557 of 5,568

Exactly yes, Westone Customer service is very great :)
I hope that you are happy with the W4R same as me here as I'm listening my music with them browsing this forum.

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #4,558 of 5,568

eager to hear your opinions and impressions on the earportz.

Just got home (8:40 pm bleh) but they came in the mail today. :)

I'll post impressions this week, hopefully tonight, but I'm pretty tuckered out, so we'll see haha.

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #4,559 of 5,568
Got my SE-535's in. Yikes, what a massive change in sound from the Westone 4R's. (If you missed my earlier post, I got both IEM's to try them out at the same time). The SE-535 sounds kind of thin, shrill and sharp. It has a lot of detail, and is quick as hell. But at least for my ears, these are missing a lot of body/weight/warmth that I enjoyed in the 4R's. I'm not saying the 535's are bad, and maybe my description of them are 100% off for someone else (it's just my own subjective taste in sound signatures, and my own hearing).

I'm going to keep listening to the SE-535s, and try to see if I can get used to them. I like the physical build much better on these than the 4R. But so far, I much prefer the 4R sound. Kind of surprised at the jump in sound signature from the SE-215s as well. 

Going to mess around with tips. I've been told they change the sound quite a bit on these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back